Optimists, pessimists and cucks

Less the 25%

The right hire can get Miami to winning the ACC Coastal on a regular basis. I do not believe any one one person can be the reason Miami returns to the elite class of CFB. The University needs greater will and the investment necessary to compete with football-bag schools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only thing I care about from here on out is that we play uptempo Spread offense.

IDGAF about anything else, I just want the Pro Style bro era to be over for good.

I don't expect Manny to last long here, my hope is that the next HC sticks with the Spread...

No more Pro Style, my heart simply can't handle another season of slow 1990's football, No mas, no mas.

Anyone up for guessing recruiting landing spots next? Lo’s cousin has to be down under 5% right?

Stay tuned

I think manny has a greater than 50% chance, but he needs to kick his stubbornness to the curb. Banda and Patke need to go as with most of the offensive staff. Rumph can stay as long as the other DB coach is one that recruits well and can make up for Rumph's shortcomings.
Secondly Manny should take over the defensive side full time. Baker is a LB coach and not ready for a big time DC role.
Third he needs to get an OC that is willing to adapt. I'm not saying spread, or pro style. I'm saying create an offense year to year that best fits the team's strengths.
Last, stop being so **** stubborn on the recruiting trail!
It may seem like a lot to do, but all of this could be achieved in a single offseason.

A same happy New Years to everyone. Here's to a better 2020 for the Hurricanes
Stopped reading after greater then 50% lol

I want him to succeed because changing coaches every couple years has not helped. Will he, all I can say his odds are better than switching coaches right now. His desire is there and he has made some positive adjustments, waiting for him to grow into the job might be worth it, these portal transfers happening is not encouraging although if players don't want to be here it best they leave. These junior early outs are not helping, I wish Travis Homer has stayed this year and that Dee Jay had not opted out.

Changing coaches hasnt helped? So you would have kept Coker? Randy? Al?

The reason it hasnt worked is bc we replace them with equally bad coaches.

You think Manny has better odds of winning that firing him and hiring Urban Meyer? Do you realize how ******* dumb your assessment is????

Advertisement
Is there anyone here who seriously believes there is a greater than 50% chance Manny can win at Miami? If so, tell us what is needed for that to happen, and what the chances of those things happening are.

If you think it’s possible but only 25% likely, say so.

If you think it’s less than 25% likely, sign the divorce registry anyhow.

And in all cases, all the best for a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and yours.
He's hopelessly in over his head. And hopelessly and irrevocably tainted with incompetence and lack of sack.

You've never heard of the cold war lol?

This is a Dana Petrino caliber crowd...the Bush press secretary who had never heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis

Manny's problem is that he hasn't devoted his entire life to lies and bullying tactics. That's what SAMs respect. You can't average 5000 lies per year as college football coach but it's acceptable elsewhere

Is there anyone here who seriously believes there is a greater than 50% chance Manny can win at Miami? If so, tell us what is needed for that to happen, and what the chances of those things happening are.

And in all cases, all the best for a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and yours.
**** MANNY DIAZ, BLAKE JAMES, HILARIE BASS AND JENN STRAWLEY

Advertisement
Hes gonna have to rip off the bandaid and tell these half in siss boys to kick rocks just like Fuente did at Va Tech. There will be no progress without standards and its gonna cost some "talent" to get there. Karen, Tate, C. Reed, Hightower, etc. GTFO

I think manny has a greater than 50% chance, but he needs to kick his stubbornness to the curb.
Chances of this: 5%

Banda and Patke need to go as with most of the offensive staff.

Rumph can stay as long as the other DB coach is one that recruits well and can make up for Rumph's shortcomings.
Chances of a good recruiter if we have another DB coach: 50%

Secondly Manny should take over the defensive side full time. Baker is a LB coach and not ready for a big time DC role.

Third he needs to get an OC that is willing to adapt. I'm not saying spread, or pro style. I'm saying create an offense year to year that best fits the team's strengths.
Chances of this: 50% (being generous)

Last, stop being so **** stubborn on the recruiting trail!
Seems like double counting with the first point on stubbornness, so will skip this one.

Seems improbable overall.

This team with an average OC'er and a field goal kicker who hits high percentage kicks wins 9 games easy.

There's two other games that could have gone out way as well.

Our OC was dog****. Still, he didn't have much help, QB and OL problems basically every game. He never found anything that worked consistently or even close.

Get the right OC'er in here, this team should compete for the Coastal yearly. We're a long way from any more. How long can Clemson keep this up? Put two of three good seasons (good for us now is 9 or 10 wins), we can build off of that. We can sell the players on them being the pieces to make winning an ACC Championship a reality.

This isn't an overnight fix for what we want, the playoffs. Miami reality is Coastal (50%), ACCCG (25%), and title hunt (10%) yearly. Hit on those first two and build.

Going to take a star to get us there, but complete dominance like old, low percentage as the games changed.

Advertisement

The only thing I care about from here on out is that we play uptempo Spread offense.

IDGAF about anything else, I just want the Pro Style bro era to be over for good.

I don't expect Manny to last long here, my hope is that the next HC sticks with the Spread...

No more Pro Style, my heart simply can't handle another season of slow 1990's football, No mas, no mas.

What's funny is that under Erickson, Miami was one of the forerunners of the spread(which has really evolved since then)....

So can we go back to the future? (with added elements, like up-tempo, read-option, RPO, etc)

Advertisement
You've never heard of the cold war lol?
This is a Dana Petrino caliber crowd...the Bush press secretary who had never heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis
Considering the internet didn't exist, nobody was blaming Twitter and Facebook posts on Russian/Soviet bots. Likewise, nobody was claiming Russians/Soviets changed vote totals and were spreading fake news articles.

Conspiracy theories are are lot more chic now. Mostly because they fuel uncertainty and people look to politicians who promise to stabilize things.

Considering the internet didn't exist, nobody was blaming Twitter and Facebook posts on Russian/Soviet bots. Likewise, nobody was claiming Russians/Soviets changed vote totals and were spreading fake news articles.

Conspiracy theories are are lot more chic now. Mostly because they fuel uncertainty and people look to politicians who promise to stabilize things.

Kids were hiding under desks during nuclear drills and we were almost starting WW3 of erroneous radar radar readings. It was a little more serious than twitter and cable news wars.

What's funny is that under Erickson, Miami was one of the forerunners of the spread(which has really evolved since then)....

So can we go back to the future? (with added elements, like up-tempo, read-option, RPO, etc)
Exactly. Two of our NCs were won with the early adopter of the spread.

Kids were hiding under desks during nuclear drills and we were almost starting WW3 of erroneous radar radar readings. It was a little more serious than twitter and cable news wars.
I'm not talking about actual military threat, I'm talking conspiracies and disinformation. That should have been obvious.

Advertisement
Back