(Opinion) If Miami had run the Spread in 2004. Do we win ***

There is no doubt Berlin was better in the shotgun than taking snaps from under the center. I think that hamstrung us for much of the game, until we got in trouble and went to it exclusively. Another factor was Coker thinking he could control games.

Advertisement
The defense was young that year and struggled after a fast start. Brock actually was pretty good in 2004.

3.jpg

hahaha i'm dying from this one... will + after spreading

The defense was young that year and struggled after a fast start. Brock actually was pretty good in 2004.
brock was much better in 04 than he was in 03

if brock was as good in 03 as he was in 04.......with the defense we had........we may have been in the title discussion again

I think that with the correct scheme that year we could have had one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history.

UM may have been able to set records in scoring and passing yardage. Imagine Chip Kelley or Mike Leach with those same players.

I don’t think any college team would have had enough quality defensive backs to cover that fast break aerial assault
one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history?

good grief

ryan moore was suspended more often than he was dressed

leggett was afraid to catch the ball

they had to give devin his own "package" because he couldnt remember more than 8 plays

jolla and jenkins stunk

gore isnt a spread offense back.......and moss was barely a football player

take this stupidity back to grassy and debate this with dannytard because we have no time for dumb **** here

+1

Advertisement
NO But if we ran the spread in 2003 with Brock we dont lose to VT and we kill Tennesee and playing in the NC and are top3 Defense would have destoyed LSU. People forget how good we were in 2003 we finished 11-2 won a BCS game and smoke FSU twice. That 2003 Defense was disgusting. Only if coker plays Brock in the spread we roll to the title game...

NO But if we ran the spread in 2003 with Brock we dont lose to VT and we kill Tennesee and playing in the NC and are top3 Defense would have destoyed LSU. People forget how good we were in 2003 we finished 11-2 won a BCS game and smoke FSU twice. That 2003 Defense was disgusting. Only if coker plays Brock in the spread we roll to the title game...
the type of offense we ran in 03 wouldnt have mattered

brock was alot like jasorry in 03......in that he made alot of dumb and ill-advised throws

for example.......the pick he threw in the OB against tenn.........he had winslow wide open having a beer with the cheerleaders in the back corner of the WEZ and he simply didnt even look at him

when you have a qb making those type of mistakes.......hes gonna make them regardless of what type of system you are running

as for the VT game that year

brock made another poor decision on the pick 6

douchebagelo hall stripping parrish and taking it back

and everett dropping a TD pass were the reasons we lost that game.........not because of our offensive system

brock was alot like jasorry in 03......in that he made alot of dumb and ill-advised throws

for example.......the pick he threw in the OB against tenn.........he had winslow wide open having a beer with the cheerleaders in the back corner of the WEZ and he simply didnt even look at him

when you have a qb making those type of mistakes.......hes gonna make them regardless of what type of system you are running

and everett dropping a TD pass were the reasons we lost that game.........not because of our offensive system

You had to bring up the Tennessee game.....I'm still ****ed off at that game. Pathetic

You had to bring up the Tennessee game.....I'm still ****ed off at that game. Pathetic
that fumbled the punt at the end of the game........i almost killed somebody

Advertisement

that fumbled the punt at the end of the game........i almost killed somebody

What a wasted year. All that **** talent on defense and we didn't do **** with it.

03 and 04 was very indicative of how if the talent at UM wasn't a future Pro Bowl squad, but just merely very good by college standards, game that would be won with solid coaching, would be lost

Look at the records of the teams Miami lost to in the latter half of the Coker-era. It wasn't as if they were losing to great teams but mediocre ones that usually lost at least 4 or 5 games

But the original question is intriguing, did we have a square peg to a round hole?

It's a shame, that 03 defense is one of the five best in UM history, IMO

Brock was always better from the shotgun. I always thought they were trying to make him fit the offense instead of making the offense fit him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back