OL Jalen Rivers officially announces return

Advertisement
******* MASSIVE!!

Returning 3 of 5 starters on one of the best OLs in the country is huge, huge news.

Pancake needs to get right, put him at RT, slide Mauigoa to LG and get a plug and play (Carpenter?) at Center and we are cooking.

Massive, massive news for 2024.
Honest question as I'm not too smart on O-line... curious as to why you want Mauigoa at G rather than T where he started this year?

Advertisement
Big news. All we gotta do is add a center and have McCoy replace Cohen at LG and this line is set with Pancake, Kinsler and the Juco OT in the mix

Honest question as I'm not too smart on O-line... curious as to why you want Mauigoa at G rather than T where he started this year?

I think his highest potential NFL ceiling is at guard. Doesn't mean he can't be a great tackle here. He likely can, we saw many glimpses of it this year as a true freshman. But IMO with his body type, he looks like a natural guard to me in the league. And Pancake looks like a tackle all the way. I wouldn't have any issues with Mauigoa staying at RT for another year, but if Pancake is truly a first-round talent at tackle, you put him at RT and you leave Rivers at LT and move Mauigoa to what I feel is his best position.

A few times he has struggled going against the smaller quicker DE's. Some think his future is at guard then tackle

Advertisement
******* MASSIVE!!

Returning 3 of 5 starters on one of the best OLs in the country is huge, huge news.

Pancake needs to get right, put him at RT, slide Mauigoa to LG and get a plug and play (Carpenter?) at Center and we are cooking.

And didn’t we get a 6’8” OT from JC ranks as well

A few times he has struggled going against the smaller quicker DE's. Some think his future is at guard then tackle
That's understandable/expected as he was a true freshman starting at T. I was asking more from a higher level perspective.

He's athletic as all get out, so was wondering what might make him a better prospect at what position.

If I’m Rivers, I’m asking to start out at OG as a precondition on coming back for an encore year. I think he hurt his draft stock by playing out of position.

If he can be a 1st team all acc OG next season, with crossover experience. He can get paid in the draft.

Let the young guys take over at LT

Advertisement
******* MASSIVE!!

Agreed. Not sure on PFF grades for all starting 5 last year but Lee & Cohen probably 2 of our best so still big voids to fill. Hopefully get Carpenter into the fold and go from there.

Advertisement
Agreed. Not sure on PFF grades for all starting 5 last year but Lee & Cohen probably 2 of our best so still big voids to fill. Hopefully get Carpenter into the fold and go from there.
I believe Rivers actually graded out better than Cohen. Coop was close to Cohen/Lee as well. Francis was definitely the weak link, but expected as a true frosh.

Advertisement
Back