Oklahoma Tanner Mordecai in the Transfer Portal

rick james GIF

Advertisement
So is that the district has duncanville, desoto, etc now? @DB4 if so Jesus Christ I know he didnt play in that lol
Nah he didn't. His last year at Midway (they went 15-1 and lost in the state championship), they were in a district with those Killeen schools/Belton/Copperas Cove.

The last few years, Duncanville was in a separate district from Cedar Hill/Desoto. CH & Desoto went with schools west of them (Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Waxahachie) and D'ville was in a district with a few Dallas ISD schools and north suburbs like Richardson.

The current district w/ Cedar Hill/Desoto/Duncanville is at least top 2 toughest in 6A, everyone thought Midway would be better, but they struggled. The other really tough district is down in Houston with North Shore/Atascocita/CE King/West Brook.

Advertisement
Why are we acting like we need a transfer QB this year?? we have young QBs on the roster, we need to develop them or get Manny the **** out my face.
At some point we do need to show that we can recruit the right people and develop them to play quarterback. Riley had great success with Murray and Hurts, but Rattler will be starting for 3 years instead of 1 which creates a lot more stability at the position.

At some point we do need to show that we can recruit the right people and develop them to play quarterback. Riley had great success with Murray and Hurts, but Rattler will be starting for 3 years instead of 1 which creates a lot more stability at the position.
Murray, Hurts and Mayfield. People saying Manny needs to develop what's on the roster sound silly. Perry isn't a Miami level QB and it's fine for a RS Frosh and Frosh not to be relied on to start. We literally have 1 Manny HS QB recruit on the roster right now and he's a true frosh.

Advertisement
You say this, but let one of those young boys go out and struggle to start next season. Energy will be totally different.

You say this, but let one of those young boys go out and struggle to start next season. Energy will be totally different.
My issue is that true freshmen do start, as to redshirt freshmen and sophomores. I am not in our practices or quarterback room to know whether TVD developed enough this year to start next year, but I also don’t believe we can live in fear of him playing or starting. Because if that is the case, we are either unable to recruit starting caliber quarterbacks and/or unable to develop them. Both of which are a major indictment of our coaches and results in separation agreements as you are about to see at Michigan wherein Harbaugh has this very problem.

At some point you gotta ride with the young guys and trust that you scouted and developed correctly. Is that next year, unsure. But if it isn’t by TVD’s junior season then we have an enormous problem.

At some point you gotta ride with the young guys and trust that you scouted and developed correctly. Is that next year, unsure. But if it isn’t by TVD’s junior season then we have an enormous problem.
Well obviously, by his junior year is completely different than people suggesting that we shouldn't be in the portal because of our QB room. If King were to leave, we absolutely should be in the portal checking for a guy who can plug and play.

Advertisement
Do we lose anybody in the portal if we took him? I’m talking about TVD or Garcia. Not talking about Matocha or the old guy from Ocala....I can’t even remember his name anymore.

Murray, Hurts and Mayfield. People saying Manny needs to develop what's on the roster sound silly. Perry isn't a Miami level QB and it's fine for a RS Frosh and Frosh not to be relied on to start. We literally have 1 Manny HS QB recruit on the roster right now and he's a true frosh.

We have Tyler Van Dyke and Jake García if they can’t be developed into a 2nd and 3rd QB then Manny is the problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back