Official Malcolm is putting the OL on his back thread

UMprodigy

Duke County Brah
"Flowers follow my lead lil brah"

This wagon is cursing down Ponce already....

Advertisement
let me clear up what i said in that I've like Bunche since he committed. dude is a specimen no doubt. makes me think we are gonna try to maul everyone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ive liked him since he committed. Physically he's everything henderson and flowers are.

He's also four yrs out of HS. So it's time.

If he stays healthy, he should be very solid.

Still not sure that missing piece will fall into place for him to really hit his potential, though.

Isn't it awesome to see kids start to change physically? It seems like the last few years guys stayed the exact size their entire careers.

Bunche, who said he has made his biggest strides with hand placement in camp, lifted 225 pounds 36 times this spring. That would have been tied for the third-best mark at the most recent NFL Combine. Bunche said he has been focused on doing what his predecessor was good at, “running and making blocks down field in the second level.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/21/2962291/miami-hurricanes-malcolm-bunche.html#storylink=cpy

“He was the best lineman coming out of the spring,” Kehoe said last week. “He’s trying to stay healthy. I think it’s going to be a major thing for him to stabilize and play for us and do real well because he has lots of ability. He’s really working well with [left guard Jonathan] Feliciano, too, and I like that left side.”

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Bunche, whose father played in the NFL and whose mother is a personal trainer and powerlifter, isn’t your typical hulking lineman. Sure, he can put down large amounts of food. But his diet hardly consists of fast food, and he’s definitely conscious of his body-fat percentage. Asked Tuesday morning if he can remember the last time he stopped somewhere for a cheeseburger or something greasy, Bunche said he honestly couldn’t remember.

“I would say maybe the beginning of the summer. It was chicken nuggets,” Bunche said. “If I eat fast food, it’s usually Subway or Subs Etc. I try to stay away from McDonald’s. I got to be light on my feet, man.”

When Bunche isn’t busy pounding down “two chicken *******, a big bowl of salad, a bowl of fruit, yams or sweet potatoes, broccoli and spinach,” he’s usually lifting weights, studying film or asking sophomore Anthony Chickillo to go out for some extra one-on-one work.

“I pretty much go against Chick about 90 percent of the time,” Bunche said. “It’s always a battle. He’s a good guy. We help each other out.”

“But Malcolm does a great job with his assignments and his execution,” Golden said. “We just have to keep moving forward.”

Advertisement
i'm not sold on his feet, but if we can make a title game with Carlos Joseph playing LT we can be fine with Bunche there. It's going to be up to Fisch to play to our guys' strengths. Right now that left side looks like the side that should be our bread and butter side when it comes to power running. Just might need to line up a TE on that side some to help out Bunche with the speed rushers he'll face.

He was a bit raw when he got here, but looks like he's ready to take this where it needs to be. I really like our O line this year.

I've got a broner just from his workout and diet discipline.

Kid sounds like a guy you want around even if he's not an All American.

Advertisement
Rather him work against true edge guys than Chick. I don't imagine he'll have a problem with DEs like Chick.

i've heard that he's giving up alot of sacks in practice to the speed rush guys. I wouldn't be surprised if him and linder (if linder is capable) swap spots if he has trouble in pass protection against BC.

Advertisement
Back