Offered A Scholarship At Age 14, But Retired by Age 24! (What Happened to Tate Martell?)

Come on guys. Social media or some Instagram thot didn’t change the trajectory of his career.

The guy did not have the overall talent to be an effective and successful D1 starting quarterback.

Didn’t have the arm strength, didn’t have the accuracy, and maybe he didn’t have the work ethic, but in the end I don’t think that would’ve mattered, because I don’t think talent-wise he had what it takes.

He was just not a natural College quarterback, didn’t have the overall physical tools, nor was he adept at working the pocket or doing any of the things that a quarterback is supposed to do. Also, zero feel for the for the position.

I don’t feel like I necessarily need to attack his character or his dating habits, the guy was just not a college quarterback that anybody could reasonably use.

Advertisement
Come on guys. Social media or some Instagram thot didn’t change the trajectory of his career.

The guy did not have the overall talent to be an effective and successful D1 starting quarterback.

Didn’t have the arm strength, didn’t have the accuracy, and maybe he didn’t have the work ethic, but in the end I don’t think that would’ve mattered, because I don’t think talent-wise he had what it takes.

He was just not a natural College quarterback, didn’t have the overall physical tools, nor was he adept at working the pocket or doing any of the things that a quarterback is supposed to do. Also, zero feel for the for the position.

I don’t feel like I necessarily need to attack his character or his dating habits, the guy was just not a college quarterback that anybody could reasonably use.
Spot on. I actually don't even think his work ethic was an issue because nobody ever really badmouthed him at all of his stops.

The kid just absolutely did not have the tools to remotely match his high school hype and recruiting ranking. Like he didn't even look like a low 3 star QB when he got actual reps. The only thing that even came close in my recent memory is when Spencer Whipple got thrown to the wolves in a game due to injuries and I think he may have even looked better.

Advertisement
Bihh got a cute face but that body look boxy/square as **** minus the big ****….

Ehhh, that’s a hit (when I was single) but not a wife…wifey gotta have more curves (especially in them hips) I could live with a small handful or bee stings up top
I've saw her on campus...She's fine af...

Bihh got a cute face but that body look boxy/square as **** minus the big ****….

Ehhh, that’s a hit (when I was single) but not a wife…wifey gotta have more curves (especially in them hips) I could live with a small handful or bee stings up top

Are you Ronnie Seikaly?

Advertisement
Only reason I watched Charles in Charge back in the day. The day she got the fake cans on Baywatch I thought I had died and gone to heaven
Hahahaha! 10000%!

The only reason I remember the movie I mentioned is because we as little kids had heard she had a nude scene in it. We actually had to bribe one of my boy's older brothers to rent it for us at a Hollywood Video. Same for the Pam Anderson nude scene in Snapdragon.

The work we had to do just for a taste of softcore **** back in the day. Not to mention having to watch otherwise horrible movies too.

Hahahaha! 10000%!

The only reason I remember the movie I mentioned is because we as little kids had heard she had a nude scene in it. We actually had to bribe one of my boy's older brothers to rent it for us at a Hollywood Video. Same for the Pam Anderson nude scene in Snapdragon.

The work we had to do just for a taste of softcore **** back in the day. Not to mention having to watch otherwise horrible movies too.

I vividly remember sneaking up to my buddies parents room since they had a scrambler and we were able to catch the nude scene in Snapdragon. I don't remember much of the movie other than that, but I can only imagine it was horrific.

Kids these days have no idea what it was like trying to catch a boob on the scribbled channels

Feldman was Brando-esque in The Burbs as an older chap.
Don't overlook the cinema magic of Dream a Little Dream.

Oh, and she's in it.

20140205-022259 am.jpg

Advertisement
He never should have come to Miami.

Boom. This.

Some kids can't handle the trappings of South Beach, Instagram models, weekends on the boat and living the vacation life—while still working their *** off, grinding and turning all that off when it's time to compete.

Dude thought he was gonna waltz into a starting job and ball out—and instead got burned in the depth chart, so he buried his face in Kiki's culo and football became secondary.

Two years at Miami, one at UNLV—three completions for 34 yards over that span.

I'm sure the kid will become some crypto mouthpiece and social media "influencer"—seems to be the preferred career choice for most his age who want to get instafamous doing nothing. Good luck, homie.

Thank you. Was wondering when someone would stop the suggestion that it was a girl, social media, attitude, work ethic, etc. He clearly just isn't a high level D1 QB. He was a barely 5'10" passer with a below average arm.

Advertisement
I would have been verryyyyy interested to see what kind of NIL deal Tate would have received. Like the video mentions, dude had scholarships at 14. Was like 45-0 as a starting QB in HS, had the star QB in the making "look" he was tailor made for NIL, he would have had some insane NIL deal and then 4 years later is retired from football.

Boom. This.

Some kids can't handle the trappings of South Beach, Instagram models, weekends on the boat and living the vacation life—while still working their *** off, grinding and turning all that off when it's time to compete.

Dude thought he was gonna waltz into a starting job and ball out—and instead got burned in the depth chart, so he buried his face in Kiki's culo and football became secondary.

Two years at Miami, one at UNLV—three completions for 34 yards over that span.

I'm sure the kid will become some crypto mouthpiece and social media "influencer"—seems to be the preferred career choice for most his age who want to get instafamous doing nothing. Good luck, homie.
I mean yes. I agree with this post but I think Martell could have had a decent college career had he transferred somewhere with a system that was a better fit for him. Maybe a G5 program that was running a wide open spread system that relied on athletic quarterbacks. Given how easily distracted he was here, he probably would have flopped anywhere but coming to Miami to run a pro style system under Dan Enos was borderline retarded for a player like him.

Thank you. Was wondering when someone would stop the suggestion that it was a girl, social media, attitude, work ethic, etc. He clearly just isn't a high level D1 QB. He was a barely 5'10" passer with a below average arm.
So was McKenzie Milton but he had a pretty nice little college career before the injury.

Advertisement
Back