Off-season Rank 'Em: Hurricane RBs since 2002

Lamar shouldn't have redshirted, but Coop was supposed to be THAT guy. If Lamar had another year in college, he would've had a monster season. Duke was a special player on a very mediocre team. Only player we've had in recent memory that could put the team on his back and win a game.

Advertisement
What is the argument for the only future NFL Hall of Fame RB on the list not being number 1?

Simply that were talking about his RS Soph and Jr years in college after two knee surgeries. To put up just under 1000 yards under those circumstances is remarkable, but my ranking isn't about Gore the HS phenom or Gore the NFL Pro Bowler. If it were he'd be #1 by the widest of margins.

Ghost is talking about production at UM.

When Gore became the starter, he wasn't all the way back from his injuries yet. Plus, he was overweight. I would take Duke, Miller and Walton over that version of Gore in a heartbeat. He's one of the best ever, but we were deprived of his best.

My list would be pretty similar to ghost. Cooper, Moss and Javarris James all probably could have bounced around the NFL if not for torn ACLs. James scored a few touchdowns for the Colts before getting hurt.

Ghost is talking about production at UM.

When Gore became the starter, he wasn't all the way back from his injuries yet. Plus, he was overweight. I would take Duke, Miller and Walton over that version of Gore in a heartbeat. He's one of the best ever, but we were deprived of his best.

My list would be pretty similar to ghost. Cooper, Moss and Javarris James all probably could have bounced around the NFL if not for torn ACLs. James scored a few touchdowns for the Colts before getting hurt.

D,
You overthinking it. NO WAY you don't have Gore on top. If by production, you simply look up the numbers. Best back is clearly Gore.

Advertisement
Can't put Miller over Duke when talking UM production.

Actually I can't logically put any back ahead of Duke talking strictly college. It's not even close.

D, You overthinking it. NO WAY you don't have Gore on top. If by production, you simply look up the numbers. Best back is clearly Gore.

We're just talking about Miami production. Gore never had a 1,000-yard season in college.

He's easily the best player on the list, but he was still recovering from injuries most of his Miami career.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson
Frank Gore
Lamar Miller
Mark Walton
Tyrone Moss
Joe Yearby
Damien Berry
Graig Cooper
Mike James
Javarris James
Jarret Payton
Dallas Crawford
Charlie Jones

Frank Gore
Duke Johnson
Lamar Miller
Mark Walton
Mike James
Damien Berry
Tyrone Moss
Joe Yearby
Graig Cooper
Javarris James
Dallas Crawford
Jarret Payton
Charlie Jones

Guys!! Those are some great ballers,.. But somewhere there's gotta be a place for Edge...right??

Advertisement
um willis mcgahee?

I think Ghost means since the END of the 2002 season. I think we all remember how Willis' season ended that year. If you want to go back a year, to '01, then Willis gets my vote. IIRC he rushed for around 1700 yds. that year, or was it 1800?

Based on production It's
Duke Johnson
Frank Gore
Mark Walton
Lamar Miller
Mike James

Gore was definitely the most talented of the group but health has to be consideredl and he was injured or coming off injury a majority of his UM career.

Lamar Miller only actually played one season so that's his only knock.

I'm totally on the Mark Walton bandwagon after not being crazy about him his freshman year. His balance is otherworldly and he's an incredible receiver and solid blocker. He still struggles a bit when the hole isn't right there for him but he's gotten much better at reading blocks and finding creases.

Advertisement
Coop is another underrated running back. It's a shame he suffered that injury in the bowl game but man he was fun to watch

Advertisement
Back