O Vernon interview with Irvin

• Thread starter Thread starter 88
  • Start date Start date

All ACC
Premium
http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Shannon Cane. Puts almost all the blame on his suspension on anyone but himself. Says he felt like the opportunity to show his stuff in 2011 was "taken away from me".

Thinks he would be the top end prospect coming out if he played the full season last year, but at the same time didn't come back for his senior season...

One of his excuses for the suspension is that he didn't think coaches would lead him in the wrong direction... It's not like Shapiro mugged him in the street. You found out what Shapiro was about as soon as he offered you something.

Good riddance to this type of kid. Peace.

Advertisement
One thing I hope the NCAA takes into consideration is that Nevin Shapiro even had local law enforcement dooped.. OV clearly explained that high ranking law agents were even friendly with him.

OV, when motivated, is a legit first-round talent. His first step is very explosive and he has the strength to not be a liability in the run game. IMO, his problem is going to be that when teams look at the film they'll see a kid with all the tools who dogs it until 3rd and long. These kind of players usually don't turn it up when they start getting a cheque. If he gets drafted, crown Drew!

Worthless and becoming easier to dislike every day. Sapp's unlikeable but at least he produced.

Advertisement
if he would have went to alabama he would have been a first rounder

People always think this, but it's usually very wrong. This dude doesn't have it between the ears, so he would have been toast from day 1 and likely would have transferred. At the end of the day, he is who he is.

Worthless and becoming easier to dislike every day. Sapp's unlikeable but at least he produced.

Tis. And lol @ everyone saying vernon would be a first rounder if he went elsewhere? Why would a tone think that? What has this kid ever done to justify any talk of being a first rounder?

Advertisement

Tis. And lol @ everyone saying vernon would be a first rounder if he went elsewhere? Why would a tone think that? What has this kid ever done to justify any talk of being a first rounder?

nothing. thats the point. none of these kids were coached up or motivated. Saban would have either made him into a stud or eaten him alive.

Smh at fans that blast hard working kids like Mike James when you have jackasses like Vernon out there. Couldnt be happier dude is gone.

Smh at fans that blast hard working kids like Mike James when you have jackasses like Vernon out there. Couldnt be happier dude is gone.

Mike James couldnt be a better guy. If he can stay healthy this year he might end up being a good football player.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Couldn't have said it better myself. Golden still has to squash the entitlement mentality with some of the guys still on the team but ultimately the mass exodus will prove to be addition by subtraction. Look at the praise Golden has been giving Ray Ray - who would have thought that would be the case after what happened last year? But Ray Ray chose to own his mistakes, work through it, grow up, and he will be a better football player and young man for it.

"If I didn't sit out those 6 games I would be the best DE coming out this year" Son you are ******* CRAZY

Hopefully his dad can get him on with the Miami Beach PD next year.

Irvin is so hated on, he's underrated.

Very few goofball radio hosts can get a guy to open up and actually talk with some substance like Irvin, if any at all.

He's not great or anything, but I happen to like Irvin when he interviews players and coaches, they open up to him and actually have some depth to the conversation.

Advertisement
Back