Notice of Allegations *update*

View as article
The lawyer representing former University of Miami basketball coach Frank Haith in the Miami-related NCAA case said Haith — now the coach at Missouri — had not received a notice of allegations from the NCAA as of Wednesday night, and that they, “like everyone else,’’ are anxiously awaiting what transpires.

Attorney Michael L. Buckner also told The Miami Herald that Haith “has given the NCAA thousands of pages of documents at Coach Haith’s own expense,’’ and that “the bill for him acquiring these documents has cost well into the thousands of dollars.

“It has been over 15 months since he first was interviewed, and he’s cooperated the whole time,’’ Buckner said by phone. “We just want to know when this process will end.’’

“We talk to the NCAA all the time about the case and any pending issues coming up,” Buckner said, when asked if they were warned about forthcoming NCAA accusations involving Haith. “But I’m not going to comment on any communication we’ve had. We haven’t received a notice of allegations from the NCAA and based upon our understanding of the evidence, we’re hopeful we won’t.

“The NCAA asked Coach Haith to produce documents and he did so on his own dime. We have been as transparent as possible to provide the NCAA what they wanted. He has nothing to hide.’’

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/17/3186393/frank-haith-um-ncaa-allegations.html#storylink=cpy

If Haith doesn't get hit, the **** do they have against the bball program?

Not much.

Advertisement
Can't argue with the writer's perspective. Initial allegations landed with trumpets blaring, but this is pretty tame stuff considering more recent events. Come to think of it, wonder if the NCAA is struggling to document Nevin's hookers were real, water-front digs and yacht and all this other **** really went down? Maybe it's all a figament of little Nevin's imagination. Maybe he's laughin his *** off, catfishing the NCAA.

Advertisement
So we should view that excerpt as a positive?

"and one who expected to be punished for recruiting rules-breaking said there were no surprises in what he was told"

I think it's hard to make a call either way with just that quote.

Advertisement
The ex coaches have beenhttp://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy talked too

Dude, if you are new and just don't know better, please stop posting the same link in every topic you click on. If you are trolling, I expect the mods will take care of you soon enough. This is not acceptable:

Picture1.webp

Advertisement
Some interesting tidbits for this thread via CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-cases-make-these-perilous-times-for-the-ncaa

"The NCAA as a whole has lost much credibility in the eyes of the public," Huma added. "The public believed that the primary nature of the NCAA was educational, even charitable. But events over the last few years have exposed the NCAA as greedy, hypocritical, unreasonable and self-serving."

Critics were infuriated over the recent Abigail Grantstein situation at UCLA. Grantstein, an NCAA investigator, was fired by the organization after her boyfriend reportedly bragged she had told him UCLA star Shabazz Muhammad would never be cleared to play. Muhammad was reinstated last month shortly after the Los Angeles Times reported the boyfriend's comments.

Grantstein was the second NCAA investigator fired in 2012. Another, believed to be veteran Ameen Najjar, was relieved while working the Nevin Shapiro case at Miami. During that case it was revealed in November an NCAA assistant director of enforcement (not Najjar) wrote a letter to former Miami players saying they would be considered guilty if they didn't cooperate with the investigation.

"I've never heard of anything like this before," a compliance source told CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman. "This seems like a total bullying tactic and sounds like a desperate move. They're basically saying they're taking the word of a billion-dollar ponzi schemer over some guys who may have taken a few steak dinners? It looks like the NCAA has spent a ton of money and time investigating this and they're trying to cover their investment."

In the Miami case, the NCAA is relying on a convicted felon Nevin Shapiro for information. Shapiro is serving 20 years in prison for his role in a $930 million Ponzi scheme. It wouldn't be the first time the NCAA used a source of questionable credibility. The association relied on the testimony of convicted felon Lloyd Lake to pin blame on McNair in the Reggie Bush case.

"It's simply not a fair process," O'Leary said.

At least Shapiro reportedly has receipts and records to back up his allegations. But if the case is so solid, why did the NCAA write that threatening letter? Is it really a case of "bullying" as the quote above suggests?

Emmert deserves credit. He is arguably the first NCAA president to have an agenda while in office. His is overall reform. A dramatic reform package could move forward this week at the convention. But some think it's too much, too fast. Smaller NCAA Manual? Absolutely.

Abusive enforcement? Never.

Advertisement
At least he has receipts? I have some receipts too. There's a Taco Bell receipt on the floorboard of my car I think. I swear to God Jimbo Fisher told me to take some of his recruits to Taco Bell. Is that proof enough to hammer the Noles? Oh, only if it was Canes. I see.

At least he has receipts? I have some receipts too. There's a Taco Bell receipt on the floorboard of my car I think. I swear to God Jimbo Fisher told me to take some of his recruits to Taco Bell. Is that proof enough to hammer the Noles? Oh, only if it was Canes. I see.

Only if you are a convicted felon.

This was really the mind boggling aspect of this story to me. If you want to report allegations thats one thing. But for that ****suck to state that credit card statements and receipts are conclusive evidence of anything is insane. And the media and public just lapped it up and closed the book on us.

My credit card receipt says I spent $200 at the alley kat. Conclusive evidence that I paid for a stripper abortion for Barkevious Mingo. Its science.

Advertisement
Back