Not scared of anyone in our region (Updated Bracketology)

Brandinho

Section 139
image.webp

Don't know what you guys think but we've been tested more than any team in this region.

Advertisement
I'd worry about Arizona, WVU and USC, in that order. Seton Hall's played decent lately, too.

As for the Bracket (East), it would be the best draw for us. I think the canes would get the most fans (in terms of our fan base) in Brooklyn especially more than Raleigh. So that would be good. We played in Brooklyn recently and we had a good draw. As for the draw overall, I would take this right now.

Teams 1-5

Jay Wright doesn't have a great track record in the tourney (recently). I don't mind them being the 1 seed in our bracket since we won't play them IMO. I can't see him making it past the sweet 16 (if he gets there). Nova already lost to UVA and OU this year, I don't think they play so well OOC.

If Maryland is playing well, they could be a tough match up. They haven't been playing well recently (lost 3 of 4). They also are 4-4 against the RPI top 50.

WVU is good at beating the teams they should beat. Their worst loss is UF (RPI 56) and WVU is 6-6 against the RPI top 50. They have played 9 games (9-0) against teams with an RPI of 151+. If they can finish the regular season with a win @ Baylor and a decent performance in the Big 12 Tourney, they would be my biggest fear.

TAMpon is cold (7-5 in the last 12). They play in a bad conference and are 12-5. OOC they have beaten Baylor, ISU and Texas (neutral site). Overall they are 7-6 in games away from home.

Teams 6+

Seton Hall would be an interesting match up if they can continue their recent success (8-1 in the last 9). They last lost at home against Butler. They finish with 2 road games. If they're playing well and continue this hot trend, it could be a difficult second round match up.

Last edited:
As for the Bracket (East), it would be the best draw for us. I think the canes would get the most fans (in terms of our fan base) in Brooklyn especially more than Raleigh. So that would be good. We played in Brooklyn recently and we had a good draw. As for the draw overall, I would take this right now.

Teams 1-5

Jay Wright doesn't have a great track record in the tourney (recently). I don't mind them being the 1 seed in our bracket since we won't play them IMO. I can't see him making it past the sweet 16 (if he gets there). Nova already lost to UVA and OU this year, I don't think they play so well OOC.

If Maryland is playing well, they could be a tough match up. They haven't been playing well recently (lost 3 of 4). They also are 4-4 against the RPI top 50.

WVU is good at beating the teams they should beat. Their worst loss is UF (RPI 56) and WVU is 6-6 against the RPI top 50. They have played 9 games (9-0) against teams with an RPI of 151+. If they can finish the regular season with a win @ Baylor and a decent performance in the Big 12 Tourney, they would be my biggest fear.

TAMpon is cold (7-5 in the last 12). They play in a bad conference and are 12-5. OOC they have beaten Baylor, ISU and Texas (neutral site). Overall they are 7-6 in games away from home.

Teams 6+

Seton Hall would be an interesting match up if they can continue their recent success (8-1 in the last 9). They last lost at home against Butler. They finish with 2 road games. If they're playing well and continue this hot trend, it could be a difficult second round match up.

I really think Arizona would be the real sleeper in that bracket as a 6 seed. If they can ever get their **** together, they're a pretty solid team...but they've been Jekyll and Hyde all season.

Advertisement
I really think Arizona would be the real sleeper in that bracket as a 6 seed. If they can ever get their **** together, they're a pretty solid team...but they've been Jekyll and Hyde all season.

Miller is more concerned about his players fighting opposing fans rather than their actual performance.

Teams 1-5

Teams 6+

lol predicting a current #1 seed wont even make it past the sweet 16... yeah you're not a Nova hater or anything.

Advertisement
lol predicting a current #1 seed wont even make it past the sweet 16... yeah you're not a Nova hater or anything.

Kunty Scott,

How has it been? Nova hater? Ouch that hurt. Sorry to see your FSU team playing so chitty.

Fact: Nova lost to OU and UVA this year.

Fact: Nova hasn't made it to the sweet 16 in their last 5 NCAAT appearances.

Fact: Kunty Scott has sand in his ******.

Kunty Scott,

How has it been? Nova hater? Ouch that hurt. Sorry to see your FSU team playing so chitty.

Fact: Nova wont see teams the quality of OU or UVA until the elite 8. This really is the dumbest argument I have seen against a team and really shows your hatred for some reason towards Nova. Our team lost to Northeastern... but apparently you dont hold our losses to such insane standards like you do for Nova.

You guys are funny. Am I duke fan or an FSU fan? make up your minds.

Fact: Nova wont see teams the quality of OU or UVA until the elite 8. This really is the dumbest argument I have seen against a team and really shows your hatred for some reason towards Nova. Our team lost to Northeastern... but apparently you dont hold our losses to such insane standards like you do for Nova.

You call something dumb, seriously? It is dumb because the logic doesn't penetrate your tin foil helmet.

Anyone OOC is a difficult match up for Nova. We have went through this before too. They beat St. Joseph and Akron this year. Congrats. Those are their quality OOC wins with an RPI below 50. They lose to good teams OOC like OU and UVA. This is not new information.

"Nova wont see teams the quality of OU or UVA until the elite 8".

Look at who they lost in their last 5 appearances in the tourney:

09-10: St Marys (10 Seed)
10-11: George Mason (Coach L and #8 )
12-13: UNC (#8 )
13-14: UConn (#7)
14-15: NC State (#8 )

They don't need to play highly ranked teams to lose. They just have been doing poorly recently. These are the actual facts.

Our game against Northeastern happened. I don't deny it. It was one slip up and we lost on a buzzer beater. Not sure of the relevance now and today.

In review: We're talking about the following:

1. Nova performs poorly in the tourney no matter who they play (over the last 5 appearances),

2. Nova plays poorly against good OOC teams this year, and

3. You have a ton of sand in your ******.

I don't give a *** what team you pretend to like. I just know you're a miserable retarded ****.

Advertisement

You call something dumb, seriously? It is dumb because the logic doesn't penetrate your tin foil helmet.

Anyone OOC is a difficult match up for Nova. We have went through this before too. They beat St. Joseph and Akron this year. Congrats. Those are their quality OOC wins with an RPI below 50. They lose to good teams OOC like OU and UVA. This is not new information.

They don't need to play highly ranked teams to lose. They just have been doing poorly recently. These are the actual facts.

Our game against Northeastern happened. I don't deny it. It was one slip up and we lost on a buzzer beater. Not sure of the relevance now and today.

1. Nova performs poorly in the tourney no matter who they play (over the last 5 appearances),

I don't give a *** what team you pretend to like. I just know you're a miserable retarded ****.

If Novas post season resume has been poor recently I would hate to see what you would say about ours... but seriously why do you hold them to such high standards but not us?

If Novas post season resume has been poor recently I would hate to see what you would say about ours... but seriously why do you hold them to such high standards but not us?

Tangent. Thanks for playing.

Aww is a simple question to hard to handle? You are the only person who could possible use 2 losses to elite teams as a negative for a team.

Advertisement

Aww is a simple question to hard to handle? You are the only person who could possible use 2 losses to elite teams as a negative for a team.

Kunty Scott you never answer my questions. My whole post above, like every other response to you, trashes your illogical bullchit. You just dismiss it and go off on a tangent.

Losing to elite teams is not good. It is "better" than losing to bad teams but it shows you can't hang with the big boys. Great! So we lost.

This is why you are a world class potato. My post is about the teams I think stand out in this draw. But you come out of tin foil land with an epic tangent about being a "nova hater". Who gives a chit?

Why are you obsessed with Nova? Did Jay Wright fist you? Hopefully Jay makes you happy.

Kunty Scott,

Nova is very overrated & played in a laughing stock conference. We'd mop the floor with them.

It is great that Consligliere is a Canes fan but why has he not been given a timeout for his name calling? Make your freaking point without the names.

Kunty Scott you never answer my questions. My whole post above, like every other response to you, trashes your illogical bullchit. You just dismiss it and go off on a tangent.

Losing to elite teams is not good. It is "better" than losing to bad teams but it shows you can't hang with the big boys. Great! So we lost.

This is why you are a world class potato. My post is about the teams I think stand out in this draw. But you come out of tin foil land with an epic tangent about being a "nova hater". Who gives a chit?

Why are you obsessed with Nova? Did Jay Wright fist you? Hopefully Jay makes you happy.

You are the one who feels the need to make negative posts about Nova all the time... Its pretty obvious you are the one getting a little obsessed with them at this point. I just come correct your little BS.

1. Novas past 5 Tournament appearances have little to do with this years tournament. Look at our last 5 appearances lol
2. Nova hasnt played poorly against "good" OOC teams unless you consider the only 2 good OOC teams they have played to be UVA and Oklahoma who we both know are full blown elite teams this year.

You're grasping at straws here and its hilarious. Seriously though what did Nova do to you to be held to such obviously higher standings than you even hold our team to?

Advertisement
Back