Not breaking news, but…

In the defense of the offense, both TAMU and Miami/Ohio are top 40 defenses.
Don't you come at me with your logic and numbers while I have my pitchfork out! Lol.

Did not realize MOH was considered that good defensively. I also do still consider TAMU a good win as well so that certainly adds some grey to the situation. But yeah. Idk. 4 games is a small sample size regardless to be pulling stats like that from is the real point.

Advertisement
Don't you come at me with your logic and numbers while I have my pitchfork out! Lol.

Did not realize MOH was considered that good defensively. I also do still consider TAMU a good win as well so that certainly adds some grey to the situation. But yeah. Idk. 4 games is a small sample size regardless to be pulling stats like that from is the real point.
This season has been so freaking strange I honestly don’t know what the **** to think at this point. Seems like we will have some stability at DC for a little while.

Just wish Mario would settle on an offensive system and an OC and let him work. 3 OCs in 3 seasons can’t do much for offense player morale or recruiting. This whole OC thing is becoming a joke at this point.

Not sure how to read @Cribby or @Brooklyndee staying silent on this. Brooklyn and I have been pretty aligned in our thought process about Mario and the big picture but OPs summary does not paint Mario in a very good light. Maybe there’s nothing to share or nothing good to share.

This season has been so freaking strange I honestly don’t know what the **** to think at this point. Seems like we will have some stability at DC for a little while.

Just wish Mario would settle on an offensive system and an OC and let him work. 3 OCs in 3 seasons can’t do much for offense player morale or recruiting. This whole OC thing is becoming a joke at this point.
Agreed. DC is good, needing to recruit DT and CB is only complaint on that side of the ball really...

Offense is... a mess lol. OLine and RBs are good and thats pretty much all I know. I do wish we would just pick up a spread offense like we all want, but Ill settle for anything that puts us in the top 50 that's not running the ball every **** play. But feels like a pipe dream at this point lol.

MOH is now 8-2 and they're very much a defensive team. Akron obviously isn't great but they shut them out last night. Pitching shutouts in CFB in 2023 is nothing to sneeze at. So we obviously should have and did beat them up, but the line was only 16.5 and we beat them by 35 and had almost 500 yards of offense.

Advertisement
Agreed. DC is good, needing to recruit DT and CB is only complaint on that side of the ball really...

Offense is... a mess lol. OLine and RBs are good and thats pretty much all I know. I do wish we would just pick up a spread offense like we all want, but Ill settle for anything that puts us in the top 50 that's not running the ball every **** play. But feels like a pipe dream at this point lol.

We are officially credited with 272 rushing attempts, and 266 passing attempts. And that includes blowout wins over MOH, Temple, and the Clemson game where we put handcuffs on the quarterback.

We are most certainly not running the ball every play, contrary to what this board makes people want to believe.

There's a lot of things that I just can't understand about this crap. How can a head coach in college football, look at teams putting 45 points up every single week, and not say, "****, I want that. It's fast. It's exciting. These South Florida divas would love that style of offense. Man an offense that has Air Noland, JJ, JoJo, Chance, and Riley would be CFP worthy. And my defense is finally at the level of being very good. My o-line is approaching elite status".

If this is true about Mario, he shouldn't be a leader at anything. Miami going into the bye week was a talking point of college football. We had a top 10 offense and defense. The best PK in the country. And then during the bye week, Mario said, "Nah, I don't want a CFP trip. I really don't care about playing for a national title".

Each week, I go to ODU campus and I engage with students and their worldviews: muslims, mormons, JWs, atheists, agnostics, Christian Science (nothing Christian at all about it), different Christian denominations, Wiccans, you name it. Most of those conversations are just plain idiotic. For instance, I met a dad a few weeks ago, who is in a master's program at ODU in their philosophy department. In his worldview, he cannot claim for certain that he loves his son. And I told him, that's why you don't have custody. Anyway, Mario has to be dumber than THAT guy if he told Dawson, "Yeah, this offense isn't what I want".

I just can't imagine him doing that. But then again, I can't imagine someone not taking a knee when taking a knee guarantees you victory at something that it's hard to get victories at. Anyway, feel free to respond. Rip my post apart.

Advertisement
We are officially credited with 272 rushing attempts, and 266 passing attempts. And that includes blowout wins over MOH, Temple, and the Clemson game where we put handcuffs on the quarterback.

We are most certainly not running the ball every play, contrary to what this board makes people want to believe.
we run out of a very limited formations w ZERO creativity and refuse to use speed on the roster

There's a lot of things that I just can't understand about this crap. How can a head coach in college football, look at teams putting 45 points up every single week, and not say, "****, I want that. It's fast. It's exciting. These South Florida divas would love that style of offense. Man an offense that has Air Noland, JJ, JoJo, Chance, and Riley would be CFP worthy. And my defense is finally at the level of being very good. My o-line is approaching elite status".

If this is true about Mario, he shouldn't be a leader at anything. Miami going into the bye week was a talking point of college football. We had a top 10 offense and defense. The best PK in the country. And then during the bye week, Mario said, "Nah, I don't want a CFP trip. I really don't care about playing a national anthem".

Each week, I go to ODU campus and I engage with students and their worldviews: muslims, mormons, JWs, atheists, agnostics, Christian Science (nothing Christian at all about it), different Christian denominations, Wiccans, you name it. Most of those conversations are just plain idiotic. For instance, I met a dad a few weeks ago, who is in a master's program at ODU in their philosophy department. In his worldview, he cannot claim for certain that he loves his son. And I told him, that's why you don't have custody. Anyway, Mario has to be dumber than THAT guy if he told Dawson, "Yeah, this offense isn't what I want".

I just can't imagine him doing that. But then again, I can't imagine someone not taking a knee when taking a knee guarantees you victory at something that it's hard to get victories at. Anyway, feel free to respond. Rip my post apart.
thing about coaches is that theyre stubborn and have egos. Mario has a huge ego and is stubborn. he believes his way is the way.

thing about coaches is that theyre stubborn and have egos. Mario has a huge ego and is stubborn. he believes his way is the way.
When it absolutely, 100%, clearly isn't. Something else that truly dumbfounds me.

Advertisement
To play the otherside, can you blame him? It’s gotten him 2 PAC 12 championships and one rose bowl in 4 years at Oregon and a lucrative pay day here. In his mind it’s why would I change it’s gotten me all of this.

To play the otherside, can you blame him? It’s gotten him 2 PAC 12 championships and one rose bowl in 4 years at Oregon and a lucrative pay day here. In his mind it’s why would I change it’s gotten me all of this.
true, but then you look at oregon now on offense with a worse QB and theyre basically nothing like what htey were under mario. theyre a league better in a much tougher Pac 12

Advertisement
D@mn this sucks. Its like I don't wanna believe Mario is meddling into the offense but its so obvious he is. Then Coach Macho said what he said a few days back and now this. I'm at a point I want Mario to step down and lets just hit reset button again. I know its terrible and we can't keep doing this but this is not the guy.

(dont share how often Lane Kiffin is running the ball btw)

Advertisement
Back