Norton and McIntosh after this season.

Pete has already said we'll go juco this class, if those guys leave we'll add 1-2 next year or transfer. I trust in Kool.

Can't depend on grad transfers.

We should look very appealing to JUCOs but they're not a sure bet either.

Need to hit on some stud high school DT recruits this cycle.

There'll be a minimum of three DT in this class. Kool got dis

And hopefully they are all EEs

Advertisement
Pete has already said we'll go juco this class, if those guys leave we'll add 1-2 next year or transfer. I trust in Kool.

We definitely do need to hit on DTs this cycle. But, that is less likely to alleviate the concern for next season than JUCOs.

The teams that win the most lose the most talent early so don't expect that to change. What makes a team elite is being able to always have an answer for the gaps that appear.

We definitely do need to hit on DTs this cycle. But, that is less likely to alleviate the concern for next season than JUCOs.

I don't disagree. One well-placed JUCO (Shavar Manuel perhaps?) would go a long way.

But Kool's track record of producing first rounders should be netting monster DT commits.

I trust his ability to evaluate and teach but you have to land some big fish too, which he's done at DE.

It has been discussed ad nauseam - Pete said today there is a very solid chance Norton, McIntosh and Willis all leave. And yes, Kaaya screwed us this year, and it'll be those guys next year.

The bright side is we will have 3 Jr LBs with plenty of experience, and our DE rotation should be deep and talented.

This is, at least, an exaggeration of what Pete said, which was only that the possibility of 3 underclassmen DTs leaving early was "more likely than [5XNC] think."

Here's the link: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/nesta-silvera-commitment-status/120088/2

Advertisement
I think it will depend on the scouting assessment where they will be drafted on rather not both Norton and Macintosh will go pro. I really don't believe Willis will be drafted that high and staying through another season will benefit him

Let's pray Willis isn't our DT leader of the group if he stays. Disaster written all over it.!

Advertisement

There'll be a minimum of three DT in this class. Kool got dis
That's my hope for number but will settle for two. We have a pretty good one coming this summer and I hear the Bethel move is encouraging.

Hard to find jucos who weren't sign and place who's credits all transfer to UM. Much easier to get into state schools.

It has been discussed ad nauseam - Pete said today there is a very solid chance Norton, McIntosh and Willis all leave. And yes, Kaaya screwed us this year, and it'll be those guys next year.

The bright side is we will have 3 Jr LBs with plenty of experience, and our DE rotation should be deep and talented.

I don't see why guys think they will stay. After the film they put out this year that will be 28 games worth of solid film.

DT recruiting under Kool has been close to non-existent through the first couple cycles.

Would feel much better if he picked up a couple more commits.

How many should he have brought in within his first 1.5yrs?

4-5?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back