Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Fsu was 6-7, not 6-6 in 2019. Don't embellish.

They also had 20 combined losses and fired two coaches in the previous 3 seasons before Norvell took over. Inheriting Jordan Travis doesn't negate that being a mess.

I genuinely don't care about the rest. Fvck Norvell & Coker. All I'm saying is to discredit their win streaks (or say he was 4-3.. but ended up 10-3) is unnecessary & comes off as emotionally based.
What two coaches did the fire? Jimbo resigned and Haggins was always an interim. That leaves Taggart.

Advertisement
****, I thought he identified the talent in Travis and convinced him to transfer. I had no idea that he was inherited from Taggart. Now I wonder where all of this QB guru stuff is coming from. Dude had four years to find a successor to Travis but ended up relying on a one year rental in DJ U.

Exactly. This is my point. People may lose sight of what Prison Mike ACTUALLY did, versus what he is given credit for.

He's "embellishing"...
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Advertisement

Looks like Davonte Brown down to 2nd string

Knowles now the starter with Earl Little sitting behind him

Byers now the starter on OL with Scott moving to backup

Fsu was 6-7, not 6-6 in 2019. Don't embellish.

They also had 20 combined losses and fired two coaches in the previous 3 seasons before Norvell took over. Inheriting Jordan Travis doesn't negate that being a mess.

I genuinely don't care about the rest. Fvck Norvell & Coker. All I'm saying is to discredit their win streaks (or say he was 4-3.. but ended up 10-3) is unnecessary & comes off as emotionally based.
This is Noles Tears, of course we are emotionally biased.

Norvell backed into success using the Mel Tucker portal strategy. But you can't sustain success that way, you still have to attract and develop good HS recruits. Every other team has discovered the portal, so the pool of talent isn't what it once was.
This is the kind of criticism I'm looking for. While I think he's superior to Mel Tucker (maybe Manny Diaz with a pulse) I do think this is exactly the case.

Advertisement
The dude is full of ****. I never said to pretend that the 19 wins didn't happen. I said that maybe, just maybe, we should look to the REST OF Prison Mike's tenure, and not just his 19 game winning streak. Prison Mike had a nice little run. Now, whether some people think his future will be more like THOSE NINETEEN GAMES, or closer to the 12-18 record before and after the winning streak, is up for discussion.
You literally said "besides his win streak"... All I was saying is it's absurd to act like we can ignore that while being unbiased.

As for the bold, I see him as somewhere in-between the two. Not a slurper of Mike Norvell by any means.. Not a championship coach in my book but not Mel Tucker* either.

Advertisement
Their schedule is garbage so they likely still end up with a winning record. It's nice to see them already have a loss.

It's really not. I've said it a bunch in this thread throughout the year. They have a sneaky tough schedule. Probably not enough for them to not get to 7 wins, I agree with you there. But I genuinely would not be surprised to see them lose any of these games:

Memphis
@ SMU
@ Miami
@ Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida
UNC

They also have at Duke on a Friday. They'll likely be a decent sized favorite, but those weekday games get weird.

The only games I would be really surprised they lost are BC on Monday, Cal, and Charleston Southern.

I really think going forward they only have 3 "lock" wins. That top block of 7 games.....they already have 1 loss. Even if they go 4-3 in those games, which will be really difficult, that's an 8-4 season.

Not a garbage schedule, IMO. They're in trouble if they don't play WAY better going forward.

It's really not. I've said it a bunch in this thread throughout the year. They have a sneaky tough schedule. Probably not enough for them to not get to 7 wins, I agree with you there. But I genuinely would not be surprised to see them lose any of these games:

Memphis
@ SMU
@ Miami
@ Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida
UNC

They also have at Duke on a Friday. They'll likely be a decent sized favorite, but those weekday games get weird.

The only games I would be really surprised they lost are BC on Monday, Cal, and Charleston Southern.

I really think going forward they only have 3 "lock" wins. That top block of 7 games.....they already have 1 loss. Even if they go 4-3 in those games, which will be really difficult, that's an 8-4 season.

Not a garbage schedule, IMO. They're in trouble if they don't play WAY better going forward.
W
W
L
L
L
W
W

Advertisement

Memphis
@ SMU
@ Miami
@ Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida
UNC

Gets really ugly with a BC loss and that’s not a gimmie. Outplayed their best team last year.

Advertisement
Back