Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Week 1 with lots of new guys on offense who are downgrade compared to last year. Think it'll be close. Noles probably get a close W but wouldn't be surprised at all they lose.
The one thing I keep coming back to is how bad that WR room looks. It’s a bunch of guys that have either (1) transferred from schools where they were never a factor in the rotation or (2) are Norvell recruits that have done nothing in 2-3 years. I also think Jordan Travis made that OL look way better than it was with his ability to move the pocket so easily. Not the same with DJU. They’re going to rely heavily on the run with Roydell and Toafili. GT’s gotta sell out to stop it and force DJU to beat them in the air.

To me, this FSU roster is worse than the 2022 team that lost to every ranked team they played. I have them at 8-4/9-3 on the year. If GT beats them they very well could go 7-5, with matchups against Clemson, Us, ND, and SMU on the horizon.

Advertisement
If they can, it'll sure as **** be a good game and they at least cover, because as bad as GT is on defense, I'll be pretty surprised if FSUs offense drops 42+.

By the way, the line continues to drop as we get closer to game-time. I think it opened at -13, and it's down to -10.5 or even -10 at most shops.

Also, I think the year Haynes King had last year is kind of flying below the radar.

I saw a tweet the other day that said there have been 5 instances in the playoff era of an ACC QB throwing for 2800 yards and 25 TDs and running for 700 yards and 10 TDs.

Lamar Jackson
Lamar Jackson
Deshaun Watson
Jerod Evans
Haynes King in 2023

GT offense will be sneaky good and I believe they’re going in with continuity. First game, in Europe, mostly new faces for FSU….prime for a week 0 upset.

Advertisement
I don't know if DJ was a bad eval. He was one of the top ranked high school football players in that years recruiting cycle. Consensus 5 star. Every school wanted him. DJ's just not very good. Now, his other qb's since DJ seem to be bad evals. But, I do agree, missing on a qb will push a team from elite to good.
It was a bad eval if you saying he’s not good lmao. But yea every school did want him except when he entered the portal they knew. Those same teams weren’t after him anymore they saw the film. Basic teams went after him

And fsu didn’t have a choice their backups are trash and they missed on Cam. They will lie about it but we all know Cam was their number 1 target and they had to settle. And settling makes you lose games on Saturdays

Advertisement
The one thing I keep coming back to is how bad that WR room looks. It’s a bunch of guys that have either (1) transferred from schools where they were never a factor in the rotation or (2) are Norvell recruits that have done nothing in 2-3 years. I also think Jordan Travis made that OL look way better than it was with his ability to move the pocket so easily. Not the same with DJU. They’re going to rely heavily on the run with Roydell and Toafili. GT’s gotta sell out to stop it and force DJU to beat them in the air.

To me, this FSU roster is worse than the 2022 team that lost to every ranked team they played. I have them at 8-4/9-3 on the year. If GT beats them they very well could go 7-5, with matchups against Clemson, Us, ND, and SMU on the horizon.
That was my prediction and the teams to beat them too

It was a bad eval if you saying he’s not good lmao. But yea every school did want him except when he entered the portal they knew. Those same teams weren’t after him anymore they saw the film. Basic teams went after him

And fsu didn’t have a choice their backups are trash and they missed on Cam. They will lie about it but we all know Cam was their number 1 target and they had to settle. And settling makes you lose games on Saturdays
Oh but if you ask them passed on ward 😂🤡

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think we are on the same page for the most part. In hindsight, it's easy to say DJ was a bad eval. I just hate to blame every highly ranked recruit that doesn't live up to expectations as a "bad eval." I don't think DJ was a bad eval at the time he signed with Clemson. There wasn't a lot of flaws in his game and he has all the physical tools to be great as a college qb. He had talent surrounding him and a great coaching staff. Maybe he was just a bad eval. In my honest opinion, I believe DJ did not put in the work to be an elite or even good college qb. It's clear that Cam has put in that work.

When I think of a bad eval, I think of guys like Lorenzo Lingard, Jake Garcia, Jelani Hamilton, and most of the LB's recruited under Diaz. Strong in some areas, but lacking in others. Take Lingard for example, he was very strong in one area (speed), but he was lacking in other areas for a RB. Many posters pointed this out before he even played a down here. No, I was not one of them, but they were right.

Agree 100% that Cam was FSU's # 1 target. They definitely settled on DJ and I think we will see all this play out on Saturday's.

I think we are on the same page for the most part. In hindsight, it's easy to say DJ was a bad eval. I just hate to blame every highly ranked recruit that doesn't live up to expectations as a "bad eval." I don't think DJ was a bad eval at the time he signed with Clemson. There wasn't a lot of flaws in his game and he has all the physical tools to be great as a college qb. He had talent surrounding him and a great coaching staff. Maybe he was just a bad eval. In my honest opinion, I believe DJ did not put in the work to be an elite or even good college qb. It's clear that Cam has put in that work.

When I think of a bad eval, I think of guys like Lorenzo Lingard, Jake Garcia, Jelani Hamilton, and most of the LB's recruited under Diaz. Strong in some areas, but lacking in others. Take Lingard for example, he was very strong in one area (speed), but he was lacking in other areas for a RB. Many posters pointed this out before he even played a down here. No, I was not one of them, but they were right.

Agree 100% that Cam was FSU's # 1 target. They definitely settled on DJ and I think we will see all this play out on Saturday's.
I mean you could be right but I usually think over the years (especially with qb) no matter how talented or how hard you work if u cant see it on the field and everything is too fast then it’s too fast for you. But yea you can be right

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back