Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I’ve heard both. Granted, I’m not plugged in by any means, but one person in particular that I know said it wouldn’t have made a difference if we had won at FSU, he was still gone… But when you saw Manny after the tough losses earlier in the season, he looked like a man who knew thisnwas his last season (granted, that was before the 5-1 record to close out the season). either way, as ****ed as I am/was at that loss, I’m so grateful for where we are now, and where we’re headed. Football is on the up, Baseball is doing well, Basketball had a surprisingly good season, T&F seems to be doing well, etc….

Mario and Rad, will do wonders for this program. I pray Mario surpasses Saban, as I know he will try. Go Canes!

I saw that rumor on here too - that Diaz would have been gone even if he beat FSU- but I'm skeptical. I think if Diaz had managed to win 7 of his last 8 and finish 8-4, the pro Diaz faction on the BOT would have looked for a way to really **** off Cristobal to get him to lose interest and stay at Oregon. Diaz would have been given another year by default because the BOT wasn't going to go with Kiffin or another coach as a plan B.

Advertisement
Yes, but we wouldn’t be where we are today if we won that game. Stuck with Manny and his 70th ranked recruiting class and no Mario and staff. Embarrassing loss for sure though.
Bullsh*t. That game was an abomination and an affront to the great game of football. It can go straight to **** along with anyone who thinks losing that game was a positive.

People are entitled to their opinions. But the reality inside of UM is that the decision was already made earlier in the year, and that Manny's dad worked a few Trustees to delay the firing until the end of the year.

Now, in theory, any firing could have been reversed. In theory. But I told people in mid-September that the only way for Manny to save his job was to go undefeated the rest of the way. That issue was decided long before the F$U game.
That was ultimately best for the program. The short turnaround from Manny to Mario gave schools little time to try to poach players from our roster. Now likely they still tried while Manny was coach, but as long as he was retained you still had the uncertainty of whether he was actually leaving. And aside from FSU, the team did finish on a 6-1 run.

This thread keeps getting better.

Watching poor and broke FSU navigate the NIL world in the midst of multiple losing seasons in a row while also being broke from Taggart will give us material for this thread for many years to come.

Remember the whole reason they even lost Jimbo was their refusal to commit resources.
From their perspective...if only they had spent what Jimbo wanted. It’s a lot harder to get something rebuilt from a dumpster fire with years of bad play and bad press than to invest properly and keep a good thing going.

Miami is spending greatly now to catch up and get back into the lead, but a turnaround will not be overnight. Furthermore we have to overspend to overcome our own underperformance. How much more will FSU need when they finally decide to get serious?

Advertisement
Agree. Would have been very hard to fire him if we win that game.
I honestly don’t see why. If you’ve started down that road, and we obviously had, you can just fire the guy. Recruiting was sh*t. We lost too many games early for a guy that far into his career at Miami, he kept a ST coach despite ample evidence the guy’s units were disgracing the uniform, and the defense that he insisted on heading up was the cause of our problems. But really, you don’t need a reason. You don’t win enough, that’s it.

I love how they can’t believe a kid would choose anything over early playing time. How tf do they think bama gets recruits every year? And I love how quickly they went from “Miami is poor” to “Miami only gets kids because they have money”.

"And I love how quickly they went from “Miami is poor” to “Miami only gets kids because they have money”to

Isn't that amazing!!!
Semenhole logic ar it's best.

The fact they think their fanbase can donate to make this possible lol.....

How did this happen to FSU? Wild stuff.
That’s what I keep wondering. A few years ago they were on about how they had the money to compete with the sec, how did they get so broke? Obviously those failed coaches didn’t help, but it has to be more than that.

Advertisement
Agree. Would have been very hard to fire him if we win that game.

He. Was. Already. Fired.

How many times does it need to be said? But, yeah, we have "skeptics". We have people who think "it would have been very hard to fire him" when we had already fired him.

Whatever. Keep believing the ridiculous things that Barry Jackson wrote and Gary Ferman wrote while he was being used/abused by Epstein.

He. Was. Already. Fired.

How many times does it need to be said? But, yeah, we have "skeptics". We have people who think "it would have been very hard to fire him" when we had already fired him.

Whatever. Keep believing the ridiculous things that Barry Jackson wrote and Gary Ferman wrote while he was being used/abused by Epstein.
Sometimes I think we just have people who want an excuse to applause fsu for something.

That’s what I keep wondering. A few years ago they were on about how they had the money to compete with the sec, how did they get so broke? Obviously those failed coaches didn’t help, but it has to be more than that.
They’ve been poor for a while. Or at least very cheap. Jimbo left them to take a head coaching job at a less prestigious school because FSU didn’t/couldn’t spend more on the program. It’s not like a Mario situation where a coach leaves for his alma mater. Jimbo left FSU and their three national titles to go to a perennial 8 win program with an empty trophy case because they were willing to spend

Advertisement
4B87CFFB-CE62-42EE-A7A2-E7DBB1A54759.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back