NIL - Manchin

I would put a 9-0 Supreme Court up against anything Tuberville and Manchin are going to put together.

There is no legal justification for restricting someone’s earning potential.
This is what matters. We’re a constitutional republic. If anyone thinks the federal government can legislate slavery in 2022, you’re nuts. 9-0 Supreme Court says F you! Earn your money 💰

Advertisement
Bama is recruiting just fine though not sure it matters to them
It’s about shutting down others. It’s constitutionally dubious these guys can do much. Maybe they say you can’t offer scholarship to a guy who has NIL. BFD if you got a mill.

I moved this to OT. This is going to get political as it’s already been reported.
1659735532061.jpeg

Mauds have eyes and ears everywhere….

View attachment 202824

Mauds have eyes and ears everywhere….

We’re not banning people if we can help it. I moved it over here without any other action. That should make you happy. But I’m Stazi because I moved it off the main board according to you. I try to leave people be in here and stay out of it. Ask @Suhrthing , @Empirical Cane @SpikeUM ,@JD08 , @IndayArtHauz. I’d appreciate keeping it that way as it seems to have worked out well.

Advertisement
We’re not banning people if we can help it. I moved it over here without any other action. That should make you happy. But I’m Stazi because I moved it off the main board according to you. I try to leave people be in here and stay out of it. Ask @Suhrthing , @Empirical Cane @SpikeUM ,@JD08 , @IndayArtHauz. I’d appreciate keeping it that way as it seems to have worked out well.
You’re stasi because you’re a mod on a message board. It’s a joke not personal.

I can’t imagine they will get 60 senators on board with any significant NIL legislation.
As it stands right now, indiubt they'll get any real movement. I think this is the 8th or 9th bill initialized to address this. They never go anywhere. They might get some senators from the south to join, but thats about it. There's no real reason for many of them to join on this (no money in it for them), and some senators really oppose this. Then there are senators like Corey Booker who want to expand players' rights re: health insurance and other stuff. They'll never join unless another bill, or the schools, agree to these expanded benefits - which will never happen as college football currently stands. Maybe when the leagues officially form their own system and start paying players.

Advertisement
As it stands right now, indiubt they'll get any real movement. I think this is the 8th or 9th bill initialized to address this. They never go anywhere. They might get some senators from the south to join, but thats about it. There's no real reason for many of them to join on this (no money in it for them), and some senators really oppose this. Then there are senators like Corey Booker who want to expand players' rights re: health insurance and other stuff. They'll never join unless another bill, or the schools, agree to these expanded benefits - which will never happen as college football currently stands. Maybe when the leagues officially form their own system and start paying players.

The thing is though, this is enough of a threat to the SEC bag schools, that they’re pulling out all the stops and getting senators involved.

Think about that.

They’re getting one of the biggest swinging dīck senators (Manchin) involved, as well as another senator, and others.

These guys are fūcking shook.

I think this will be a long way from Congressional regulation. Any proposed bill would have to pass the House and Senate.

I don't foresee Congress eager to take this on aside from a few who javelin a hand in college sports.

Perhaps the states that are benefiting the least would want strict regulation. However, I imagine states like Texas and California would be opposed to strict legislation as they have loosely coupled NIL laws.

So, I don't see the votes there for restrictions. Perhaps some rules on when when NIL may be presented and rules on the the entities providing it. That would have to be compromised to get passing votes.

I don't foresee anything more than basic regulations that would actually benefit Miami. Our NIL business partners appear to be conducting business stricter than the NIL guidelines. Getting rid of collectives would benefit Miami.

The thing is though, this is enough of a threat to the SEC bag schools, that they’re pulling out all the stops and getting senators involved.

Think about that.

They’re getting one of the biggest swinging dīck senators (Manchin) involved, as well as another senator, and others.

These guys are fūcking shook.
****'em. Let them shake and **** themselves.

They'll never get enough votes to pass the legislation they want.

I also expect backlash from other states towards the power hungry SEC.

It’s about shutting down others. It’s constitutionally dubious these guys can do much. Maybe they say you can’t offer scholarship to a guy who has NIL. BFD if you got a mill.
No. You're not going to get any legislation that doesn't apply to all students.

A student getting an academic scholarship isn't prohibited from NIL. They weren't prohibited from getting jobs or internships either which had been an argument of student athletes for decades.

Those wanting to control the sport can't. They think they can, but they'll never get the votes. Half the people on each side won't vote for the other side.

Advertisement
This is what matters. We’re a constitutional republic. If anyone thinks the federal government can legislate slavery in 2022, you’re nuts. 9-0 Supreme Court says F you! Earn your money 💰
I wouldn't put anything past this Supreme Court

Advertisement
Well Yiu shouldn’t put anything past the SC, Senate , House or President. U mean they’re ALL corrupt politicians. No matter who you vote for.
I 100% agree with this but they're not all equally corrupt or wield the same power. The Supreme Court is currently a huge ******* disaster and even worse than the rest of the ******** you mentioned, imo.

I 100% agree with this but they're not all equally corrupt or wield the same power. The Supreme Court is currently a huge ******* disaster and even worse than the rest of the ******** you mentioned, imo.
You’re right. They’re so corrupt that they voted 9-0 in favor of college athletes making money. So obviously, if a similar case came up, they’d rule in favor of the NCAA.

The ruling was 2 years ago. There have been a conservative and liberal justice added since.

Here is the ruling, if you want to read it: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-512_new_7mi8.pdf

Here is a noteworthy concurrence from a particular justice:

210A148D-40B7-400D-8893-1CD94A3D06C5.jpeg

Which 5 of the “huge effing disasters” do you think will choose differently.

Advertisement
Back