Nickel Role

We still have some stuff to work out here.

I think we need Meesh (#0) at Safety, so unless things get even more dangerous at Nickel, I’d hope we can keep him there so he can cover up holes against inside WRs in certain formations.

That said, after looking really solid all year last year on the outside, Porter had some really rough snaps last night against their smaller slot. It happens. Everyone gets beat against some of those routes. Inside WRs are producing at every level of football. That said, we also saw a struggle to exchange responsibilities (I believe ended up in a chunk play at the end of the game), which worries me more.

Not sure we have the experienced personnel to fix this, but in a non-risky game scenario, maybe give Robbie Washington a shot to use his attributes against those slot guys.

Counting on Guidry and crew to come up with something, because the blueprint is there for a QB with any accuracy. We did a much cleaner job against UF.
DP is actually playing out of position; comparing last year to this year. I agree he needs more work if this is his position (nickel) this year but the two positions (boundary vs. nickel corner) isn’t the same.

Advertisement
Completely agree and said as much in the OP re: his role on the outside.
Was hoping Stafford would take a monumental leap this year and fill this role but that’s not really realistic

Damari is gonna be out a while so I think like you’re saying right now we are just going to have to deal with it. Brown had a few throws that were a whisker away from being intercepted but they were in a good rhythm

Advertisement
Was hoping Stafford would take a monumental leap this year and fill this role but that’s not really realistic

Damari is gonna be out a while so I think like you’re saying right now we are just going to have to deal with it. Brown had a few throws that were a whisker away from being intercepted but they were in a good rhythm
Exactly. We need another youngster at that position to step up like OJF.

Exactly. We need another youngster at that position to step up like OJF.
Ryan Mack is another kid that could help. IIRC he was doing pretty well in those types of situations in the all star games

Still a lot to ask from the young guys but on a side note…really can’t say enough about OJ. Dude is clamps.

Advertisement
Back