Next 5 games

No, it's not

So you’re perfectly content with/expected us going 9-9 in the conference? Because that would be our current pace.

Except our schedule is easier in the 2nd half.

I'd say 11-7 should be the goal

In the first half we played Clemson Duke and Louisville. 2 of those games at home.

Second half we play UNC UVA and ND with two of those games on the road.

Edit: I agree. Somewhere around 11-7 should be the goal. You have to win games like at Florida State to get there.

Remember, ND lost Colson for some time and he should be out when we play them.

ND is 2-4 without him and they lost 4 straight.

Only one bad loss of those 4 and it was to a team we also lost to on the road.

Advertisement
I think this season is going to continue to be unpredictable, and I think this board is going to continue to overreact when we lose a game we think we shouldn't. If we lose to FSU, we might beat UNC later on. This team, and Coach L's teams have shown that they do that. ****, the ACC has shown this year that's the way the conference works. I would love to beat FSU heading into the Pitt game. We'd be 16-4, 5-3, but it's not a make or break game.

But would you call it a "Must Win"?

So you’re perfectly content with/expected us going 9-9 in the conference? Because that would be our current pace.

In the first half we played Clemson Duke and Louisville. 2 of those games at home.

Edit: I agree. Somewhere around 11-7 should be the goal. You have to win games like at Florida State to get there.

That isn't an accomplishment.

Did I say it was an accomplishment?

Advertisement

You're using it as a way to support that it is a difficult game. So if it is nothing, and it is nothing, don't bring it up.

You're using it as a way to support that it is a difficult game. So if it is nothing, and it is nothing, don't bring it up.

So I didn't say it was an accomplishment? Cool. Glad we're on the same page.

At Notre Dame will be a difficult game. We lost at fckin Georgia Tech.

My original point was the second half of the schedule is not easier than the first half.

Combined records of teams in the first half of the ACC schedule: 119-64
Second Half: 124-59

I think this season is going to continue to be unpredictable, and I think this board is going to continue to overreact when we lose a game we think we shouldn't. If we lose to FSU, we might beat UNC later on. This team, and Coach L's teams have shown that they do that. ****, the ACC has shown this year that's the way the conference works. I would love to beat FSU heading into the Pitt game. We'd be 16-4, 5-3, but it's not a make or break game.

If we want to have a season close to what we all expected, it is completely safe to consider FSU a make or break game.

No, it's not

So, we lose to FSU, we automatically go 9-9? Makes sense. We can lose to FSU and beat UVA. We can lose to BC and beat UNC. I mean, this is ridiculous logic. We're 4-3 now. To be better than 9-9, we need to go 6-5. You do realize that any combo of 6 wins gets us there, right?

Last edited:
Advertisement

If we want to have a season close to what we all expected, it is completely safe to consider FSU a make or break game.

No, it's not

So, we lose to FSU, we automatically go 9-9? Makes sense.

Did you see where I said current pace?

Lose this game and we are 4-4 in the ACC. So we would have to go 7-3 to make it to 11-7. Possible? Sure. But definitely not probable considering how we're faring thus far in the conference.

My original point was the second half of the schedule is not easier than the first half.

You either brought it up because it is irrelevant or you brought it up as some claim that ND achieved something. Cool beans.

Now you bring up the GT game, not sure of the relevance. Are you saying it is harder to win on the road? No chit. If that is the case, that ND game doesn't stand out over any other road game. Especially when the POY candidate is injured.

Last edited:

You either brought up because it is irrelevant or your brought up as some claim that ND achieved something. Cool beans.

Now you bring up the GT game, not sure of the relevance. Are you saying it is harder to win on the road? No chit. If that is the case, that ND game doesn't stand out over any other road game. Especially when the POY candidate is injured.

Lol i didn’t bring up Notre Dame’s record in the last four games. You did. All i did was explain those four losses aren’t bad losses. If they figure stuff out they’re going to be tough to beat even without Colson.

Last edited:
The "No Mas" at GT is the Albatross hanging on the team's neck for eternity.

Even tap outs vs Clemson and Duke dont reach the depths of the depravity we achieved throwing the GT game

We will look back, and say "That was the game". I hope. Thats assuming we dont outdo that disaster.

Yes, 4-1 is really important. 3-2 mandatory minimum. 2-3 or worse, and we'll be all "But....but....We are 8-8 in the ACC! But...but..." on selection Sunday.

Advertisement

You either brought up because it is irrelevant or your brought up as some claim that ND achieved something. Cool beans.

Lol i didn’t bring up Notre Dame’s record in the last four games. You did. All i did was explain those four losses aren’t bad losses. If they figure stuff out they’re going to be tough to beat even without Colson.

Wow. Good luck with everything.

Advertisement
Our ACC schedule through/after this Saturday's game at FSU:
Part 1 (8 games)
Road Games- 5
Games against teams in the Top 8 of the current ACC standings-5
Games against RPI Top 50- 5
Games against the new RPI "Group 1" - 5
Games Against KenPom Top 35- 5

Part 2 (10 Games)
Road Games- 4
Games against Top 8 ACC- 2
Games against RPI Top 50 - 3
Games against RPI "Group 1"- 4
Games against KenPom Top 35 - 3

Now what we do with that is another story, but after Saturday we will have played the toughest part of our conference schedule.

As always, we gotta win the rest of our home games and hope to steal a few ACC road wins. @BC is our best chance of winning a road game. At the same time, I don't see any road games that are automatic losses but the odds are always against you in a road ACC game. This team is talented enough to go 4-1 the next 5 but that means we have to start passing the ball effectively. If we don't, we have no chance of going 4-1. If we can figure things out we can worry about our seeding. If we don't, we will be worrying about making the tourney.

Advertisement
Back