Next 5 games

Miami04

Senior
This team really needs to go 4-1 at worst over the next 5.
@FSU
Pitt
@VT
Wake
@BC

These are all winnable games against teams below us in the standings. This team has been so inconsistent we could go anywhere from 5-0 to 0-5.

We really have a soft schedule down the stretch with only UVA and UNC ranked.

Advertisement
@FSU
Pitt
@VT
Wake
@BC

These are all winnable games against teams below us in the standings. This team has been so inconsistent we could go anywhere from 5-0 to 0-5.

Our SOS is actually 37, which isn't bad. And our RPI is now 15.

4-1 @ worst when 3 of the games our on the road? You really don't get ACC basketball. Duke lost @BC, none of those road games are easy

3-2 is what we should expect. Win both home games and steal 1 on the road.

The ceiling is NOT 0-5. That's ridiculous. This is a deep and talented Canes basketball that has the talent in the right places. Worst case, and very low odds on it is that Canes lose 3. Highly unlikely. Enjoy this show it is getting better by the minute.

The ceiling is NOT 0-5. That's ridiculous. This is a deep and talented Canes basketball that has the talent in the right places. Worst case, and very low odds on it is that Canes lose 3. Highly unlikely. Enjoy this show it is getting better by the minute.

Ceiling is not 0-5?

1. WF and Pitt are the two worst teams in the ACC and those games are at home. Combined they're 1-15 in the ACC.

2. BC is the third worst team in the ACC. Somehow they beat Duke. I guess Bowman dropping 30 points helped. BC has only lost once at home this season.

3. That game at FSU will be the hardest. FSU has lost twice at home all season (OKST and UL). They will likely be the favorite too.

4. VT will be a tough game too. They only lost twice at home this season, UVA and FSU.

None of this means these games aren't winnable. Just not so easy.

Advertisement
@FSU
Pitt
@VT
Wake
@BC

Our SOS is actually 37, which isn't bad. And our RPI is now 15.

4-1 @ worst when 3 of the games our on the road? You really don't get ACC basketball. Duke lost @BC, none of those road games are easy

3-2 is what we should expect. Win both home games and steal 1 on the road.

I know how ACC basketball works. I’m not interested in being an 8 or 9 seed in the Tournament I want and expect to be a 5 seed or higher. To accomplish that going 3-2 over the next 5 winnable games will not do.

@FSU
Pitt
@VT
Wake
@BC

I think this weekend's game against FSU will be significant. If we can pull off a win up there, we should have the confidence and momentum to make a run against our next four opponents. Lose this one, especially an ugly loss, and I think we are continuing to battle to stay above .500 for the rest of the season.

Interestingly, in the past 3 games, we have improved our offensive efficiency, but our defensive efficiency has suffered -- primarily because of the dominance inside of Yurtseven and Mahmoud, as well as Trent's shooting in the Duke game. FSU doesn't have either type of individual threat, although the Walker boys and Angola can get hot from outside.

So, if we can keep pushing the ball like we have lately, then to me the key is whether we can re-establish our defensive presence.

By the way, expect Louisville to go on a nice run over their next few games, which include a number of easier home games.

Go Canes!

Ceiling is not 0-5?
You are too subtle for the many "genius" on this forum. They are unable to comprehend your message. More appropriate to state floor is 0-5, that the "genius" may understand.

I think this season is going to continue to be unpredictable, and I think this board is going to continue to overreact when we lose a game we think we shouldn't. If we lose to FSU, we might beat UNC later on. This team, and Coach L's teams have shown that they do that. ****, the ACC has shown this year that's the way the conference works. I would love to beat FSU heading into the Pitt game. We'd be 16-4, 5-3, but it's not a make or break game.

Advertisement
I think this season is going to continue to be unpredictable, and I think this board is going to continue to overreact when we lose a game we think we shouldn't. If we lose to FSU, we might beat UNC later on. This team, and Coach L's teams have shown that they do that. ****, the ACC has shown this year that's the way the conference works. I would love to beat FSU heading into the Pitt game. We'd be 16-4, 5-3, but it's not a make or break game.

"Overreact when we lose a game?!?"

Not this board. . . .

"Overreact when we lose a game?!?"

Not this board. . . .

giphy.gif

If we want to have a season close to what we all expected, it is completely safe to consider FSU a make or break game.

If we want to have a season close to what we all expected, it is completely safe to consider FSU a make or break game.

No, it's not

Advertisement

No, it's not

So you’re perfectly content with/expected us going 9-9 in the conference? Because that would be our current pace.

Just my opinion, but the ACC feels stronger than it has in the past. We finish 11-5 or 9-7 I still think we'll be able to make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

No, it's not

So you’re perfectly content with/expected us going 9-9 in the conference? Because that would be our current pace.

Except our schedule is easier in the 2nd half.

I'd say 11-7 should be the goal

Advertisement

No, it's not

In the first half we played Clemson Duke and Louisville. 2 of those games at home.

Second half we play UNC UVA and ND with two of those games on the road.

Edit: I agree. Somewhere around 11-7 should be the goal. You have to win games like at Florida State to get there.

Last edited:

No, it's not

In the first half we played Clemson Duke and Louisville. 2 of those games at home.

Second half we play UNC UVA and ND with two of those games on the road.

Edit: I agree. Somewhere around 11-7 should be the goal. You have to win games like at Florida State to get there.

Remember, ND lost Colson for some time and he should be out when we play them.

ND is 2-4 without him and they lost 4 straight.

Advertisement
Back