MEGA New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„ - The Shoe and Nike/Adidas Thread.

Advertisement
I'm a hater? That's news to everyone besides yourself.

Hate adidas? I'm wearing adidas RIGHT NOW. I never said the current uniforms are "bad", just BASIC. That's a fact.

Grow up, already.
dang your wearing adidas right now while Iā€™m wearing Nikeā€¦ crazy lol. But hey you always say I hate Nike right? Weird

You liked the orange and green helmets, I didnā€™t, itā€™s okay we have difference of opinion lol

dang your wearing adidas right now while Iā€™m wearing Nikeā€¦ crazy lol. But hey you always say I hate Nike right? Weird

You liked the orange and green helmets, I didnā€™t, itā€™s okay we have difference of opinion lol

Look, I'll make this simple.

I 100% stand behind the words I say and the words I write. But I don't like being accused of saying things I never said.

It has nothing to do with whether you "hate Nike". It has EVERYTHING to do with your ongoing false re-telling of myths and debunked stories about how Nike mistreated Miami in the last few years, and how that all JUSTIFIED taking less overall money (though you only talk about the guaranteed portion) to break our decades-long relationship with Nike. And all of our "problems" suddenly and rapidly arose under ONE PARTICULAR Athletic Director, even though three prior ADs had NO PROBLEMS with Nike. Yeah, seems sooooo plausible...

I don't know. Maybe you DO hate Nike. Again, though, that's irrelevant. You treat Nike like you treat me, you invent things that you claim were said/done that never happened, and then you refuse to listen to anyone trying to set the record straight with rational explanations.

As for that last bit about me "liking" the "orange and green helmets", please show me where I EVER said that. I liked the Smokes. The JERSEYS, in case you're playing disingenuous.

Do you actually realize what a fraud and liar you are?

Last edited:
Look, I'll make this simple.

I 100% stand behind the words I say and the words I write. But I don't like being accused of saying things I never said.

It has nothing to do with whether you "hate Nike". It has EVERYTHING to do with your ongoing false re-telling of myths and debunked stories about how Nike mistreated Miami in the last few years, and how that all JUSTIFIED taking less overall money (though you only talk about the guaranteed portion) to break our decades-long relationship with Nike. And all of our "problems" suddenly and rapidly arose under ONE PARTICULAR Athletic Director, even though three prior ADs had NO PROBLEMS with Nike. Yeah, seems sooooo plausible...

I don't know. Maybe you DO hate Nike. Again, though, that's irrelevant. You treat Nike like you treat me, you invent things that you claim were said/done that never happened, and then you refuse to listen to anyone trying to set the record straight with rational explanations.

As for that last bit about me "liking" the "orange and green helmets", please show me where I EVER said that. I liked the Smokes. The JERSEYS, in case you're playing disingenuous.

Do you actually realize what a fraud and liar you are?
You liked the smoke jersey? Me too. But I said Uniform, which would be referring to the entire enchilada..
And you say you don't like people accusing you of saying things you never said. Then why keep repeating that I "only talk about the guaranteed portion" as if I haven't shown literally evidence that this is completely and unequivocally false? lol.
You realize how much of a liar you are? All you have done the entire time regarding our debates about this Nike vs Adidas subject is misrepresent what I've said lol.

Just searched "Nike Backend"... Dozens of posts tlaking about this lol. I have been extremely consistent. You just choose to lie. But hey at least today you're not claiming I never criticized the contract being 12 years lol... maybe that is progress!

You liked the smoke jersey? Me too. But I said Uniform, which would be referring to the entire enchilada..
And you say you don't like people accusing you of saying things you never said. Then why keep repeating that I "only talk about the guaranteed portion" as if I haven't shown literally evidence that this is completely and unequivocally false? lol.
You realize how much of a liar you are? All you have done the entire time regarding our debates about this Nike vs Adidas subject is misrepresent what I've said lol.

Just searched "Nike Backend"... Dozens of posts tlaking about this lol. I have been extremely consistent. You just choose to lie. But hey at least today you're not claiming I never criticized the contract being 12 years lol... maybe that is progress!

Typical ridiculous nonsense from you.

First, I have said all along, I liked the Smokes, I liked the Greens. That's 2 of the 4 jersey combinations. For the vast majority of the 2014 season, we wore white helmets. Again, unlike you, I don't look at a pre-season mockup of 4 combinations and then judge everything by stuff we don't wear. Even the orange jersey and the white jersey were pretty good, the best we had since the early 2000s.

Second, the reason that @Rellyrell ignores you is that you are a petulant and stubborn clown who refuses to acknowledge that other people know about industry practices and standards. Do you honestly believe that Miami was offered some shockingly different royalty-heavy contract with Nike? Or that Nike expected us to take a lower guarantee AND a lower royalty? What you are doing is arguing a negative. You want to convince people that because we do not have the Nike offer IN-HAND, that there is no possible way to quantify or estimate the amount that Miami would have been paid under a royalty-heavy contract.

Whatever, You're going to keep arguing like a clown, as if nothing can be established without a COURTROOM standard of evidence. Fine. But you continue to ignore the industry aspects of this. I'll ask you a simple question - DO YOU THINK that I am unaware of sports-related royalty contracts? DO YOU THINK that I am unaware of the numbers and industry standards on this?

I don't like to get into a lot of details, but you do realize that I worked for a major professional sports league/promotion, right? And that for the "sports league" entity, the two largest sources of revenue were the TV contracts and the royalties. And that I had to see all of the numbers, and source all of the numbers to the various states in which we ran races. And that I had to track the royalty splits, whereby after taking a portion of the royalty revenue for the "sports league", we had to pay out the rest of the royalties to various teams and athletes and sponsors, as well as provide them with sourcing revenue. Oh, and I had to track the foreign-origin royalties coming from video games and whatnot, and make sure that we were following all international income tax withholding requirements.

So, yeah, maybe you don't want to do my job and vice versa, but to act as if I have no basis for being able to tell you how royalty-heavy contracts work in the sports world? Yeah, on that part, you're full of ****.

I've never claimed to have a copy of the Nike offer to UM. But I know enough about the industry and pricing, as well how it has changed over the past decade, to give a pretty good assessment of how Miami would have benefited from a royalty-heavy contract WITH THE MOST POPULAR APPAREL COMPANY now that we have entered the Fanatics Era of sports retail. I have spoken to, and derived information, from friends of mine in sports leagues/promotions (four major ones that I could name) as well as people I know from Fanatics in Jacksonville as well as two very-involved people at UM (one of whom you could easily figure out).

And your argument? "I don't have the Nike offer, so I'm going to completely discount and ignore anything that anyone says about larger royalty payouts, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear what you're saying because my fingers are in my ears".

Yeah. What I know on this subject...DWARFS your "I'm uncertain because I don't know anything about the industry" nonsense.

This is why you don't work in business. Because you could never put together revenue projections in order to evaluate a particular business move. I will never deny that the Nike deal would have cost us money during COVID, but in all other years of the 12 year deal, we would have made more money with Nike. Bigger pie. More pie shops. More people who prefer the Nike pie.

It's not that complicated.

Advertisement
Typical ridiculous nonsense from you.

First, I have said all along, I liked the Smokes, I liked the Greens. That's 2 of the 4 jersey combinations. For the vast majority of the 2014 season, we wore white helmets. Again, unlike you, I don't look at a pre-season mockup of 4 combinations and then judge everything by stuff we don't wear. Even the orange jersey and the white jersey were pretty good, the best we had since the early 2000s.

Second, the reason that @Rellyrell ignores you is that you are a petulant and stubborn clown who refuses to acknowledge that other people know about industry practices and standards. Do you honestly believe that Miami was offered some shockingly different royalty-heavy contract with Nike? Or that Nike expected us to take a lower guarantee AND a lower royalty? What you are doing is arguing a negative. You want to convince people that because we do not have the Nike offer IN-HAND, that there is no possible way to quantify or estimate the amount that Miami would have been paid under a royalty-heavy contract.

Whatever, You're going to keep arguing like a clown, as if nothing can be established without a COURTROOM standard of evidence. Fine. But you continue to ignore the industry aspects of this. I'll ask you a simple question - DO YOU THINK that I am unaware of sports-related royalty contracts? DO YOU THINK that I am unaware of the numbers and industry standards on this?

I don't like to get into a lot of details, but you do realize that I worked for a major professional sports league/promotion, right? And that for the "sports league" entity, the two largest sources of revenue were the TV contracts and the royalties. And that I had to see all of the numbers, and source all of the numbers to the various states in which we ran races. And that I had to track the royalty splits, whereby after taking a portion of the royalty revenue for the "sports league", we had to pay out the rest of the royalties to various teams and athletes and sponsors, as well as provide them with sourcing revenue. Oh, and I had to track the foreign-origin royalties coming from video games and whatnot, and make sure that we were following all international income tax withholding requirements.

So, yeah, maybe you don't want to do my job and vice versa, but to act as if I have no basis for being able to tell you how royalty-heavy contracts work in the sports world? Yeah, on that part, you're full of ****.

I've never claimed to have a copy of the Nike offer to UM. But I know enough about the industry and pricing, as well how it has changed over the past decade, to give a pretty good assessment of how Miami would have benefited from a royalty-heavy contract WITH THE MOST POPULAR APPAREL COMPANY now that we have entered the Fanatics Era of sports retail. I have spoken to, and derived information, from friends of mine in sports leagues/promotions (four major ones that I could name) as well as people I know from Fanatics in Jacksonville as well as two very-involved people at UM (one of whom you could easily figure out).

And your argument? "I don't have the Nike offer, so I'm going to completely discount and ignore anything that anyone says about larger royalty payouts, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear what you're saying because my fingers are in my ears".

Yeah. What I know on this subject...DWARFS your "I'm uncertain because I don't know anything about the industry" nonsense.

This is why you don't work in business. Because you could never put together revenue projections in order to evaluate a particular business move. I will never deny that the Nike deal would have cost us money during COVID, but in all other years of the 12 year deal, we would have made more money with Nike. Bigger pie. More pie shops. More people who prefer the Nike pie.

It's not that complicated.

What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guaranteed money comes with annual bonuses for all sponsored athletics that wins?

What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provide internships for students?

What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provides a royalty stipend on all branded items, including shoes, jerseys, fan apparel?

What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provides you with an advantage on incoming student athletes who have signed future NIL deals w/ that brand?

I can tell u what happens; it can make u one the most valuable programs in the nation.

Looked up some data, strictly on merchandise sales: Out of the top 25, 16 (soon to be 17) are Nike or Jordan Branded Schools. In the top 10, 8.5 are Nike branded schools along w/ Notre Dame (UA), & A&M (Adidas/Nike: A&M has an exclusive Nike contract for track & field).

So why would UCLA or a Tennessee take less upfront $ to sign w/ Nike? Simple: b/c as time goes, & uā€™re AD is in order, that back end $ begins to catch up & eventually surpass that alleged guaranteed $$. ****, hereā€™s an excerpt from UCLA experience:

ā€œUCLAā€™s $18.3 million in revenue from sponsorships, licensing agreements, advertisements and royalties was an increase of $3.5 million from the previous year thanks in part to it being the first year the school earned sales commissions from its Nike deal.ā€

Oh, & UCLA now has Nikeā€™s Andy Campion running their Sports Program Director, leading students & student athletes in the realm of sports business, as collegiate sports start bleeding into more of a business. How does that happen? Itā€™s not that heā€™s just an alum, but Nike is also furtheringā€¦ah nvr mind.

Itā€™s foolish that I still feel the need to explain things or highlight things thatā€™s now come to fruition with UCLA in which I stated would happen after they signed.

For the record, & a total aside, the entire smoke uniforms came w/ smoke helmets. Whenever opponents of our last uniforms bring up ****, they always post the FAMU combo (which was on the coaches & players) or theyā€™ll post the smoke unis w/ the copper lids, but forget the smoke helmets, & yes, itā€™s one of my favorite alternates.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.webp
    IMG_1971.webp
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you honestly believe that Miami was offered some shockingly different royalty-heavy contract with Nike?
lol No. I am just unconvinced that the Royalty heavy contract with Nike would have resulted in more TOTAL MONEY (including Upfront yearly cash+Royalties on backend+equipment value+whatever other bonuses) than we received in the predominantly front-loaded Adidas deal... you know, like I've said repeatedly lol. The main reason being that we know for a fact that we HAVE sucked for the decade since we switched to Adidas, Which A) basically means zero chance we would have been top 10 in sales, let alone top 5 and B) Only maybe basketball was earning anything in terms of bonuses. I have however repeatedly also said that the Adidas deal being 12 years is very bad and COULD result in us making less than we would have with Nike at the end of the contract. Basically I think there is zero chance over the first 8 or so years of the deal with Adidas that we would have made more with Nike. I think it's unlikely but possible from year 8 to last year that we would have made more with Nike. I think NOW it is probably about even odds we now would be better off with Nike. But to me that means 8-10 years of making more money vs 2-4 max years of making less....

Or that Nike expected us to take a lower guarantee AND a lower royalty?
Nowhere have I ever said this, period.

You want to convince people that because we do not have the Nike offer IN-HAND, that there is no possible way to quantify or estimate the amount that Miami would have been paid under a royalty-heavy contract.
SMH. Bro the absolute hilarity is that I have literally said that exact thing lol. Like LITERALLY. This entire page is me basically saying that you CAN estimate/project what we could have received under a potential Nike deal and compare that to what you think we were actually being paid under Adidas lol... Man this is actually legit funny to me at this point

What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guaranteed money comes with annual bonuses for all sponsored athletics that wins?
What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provide internships for students?
What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provides a royalty stipend on all branded items, including shoes, jerseys, fan apparel?
What happens when that ā€œlowerā€ guarantee provides you with an advantage on incoming student athletes who have signed future NIL deals w/ that brand?

I can tell u what happens; it can make u one the most valuable programs in the nation.
All of that aside from the last point can absolutely be accounted for when viewing this in terms of TOTAL payouts (Up front Guaranteed+Equipment value +performance Bonuses+ Backend Royalties+Whatever else $ Value they are providing) - which I have always been doing. There are dozens of receipts proving that at this point, but it seems you still wanna believe I haven't been for some reason...

You want to use the "advantage on incoming student athletes who have signed future NIL deals w/Nike" as a big reason for preferring the Nike deal? Go ahead. I won't argue against that. In fact I slightly remember you previously saying that you knew of a recruit or two that we lost out on because we were not with Nike. I'll give the same response now that I bet I did then - I just don't care when it comes to football (basketball I fully believe it can be decently impactful). Because to me if Mario can't recruit a guy and get him to come here because of Adidas, that is a kid that was never coming here period.

BTW this Brand Value of being with Nike is something I have said from the very beginning IS worth something. But how much? If I told you Today we had 2 offers on the table, one from Nike with a TOTAL VALUE (Accounting for EVERYTHING!) contract worth $10M/yr for 10 years, and one from Adidas offering $15M/yr for 10 years... which offer do you take? What if the difference was $2M/yr or less? And this is literally something I've replied to you saying before - at some point more money is trumps all those side benefits you talk about.

Looked up some data, strictly on merchandise sales: Out of the top 25, 16 (soon to be 17) are Nike or Jordan Branded Schools. In the top 10, 8.5 are Nike branded schools along w/ Notre Dame (UA), & A&M (Adidas/Nike: A&M has an exclusive Nike contract for track & field).
And where do you think Miami has traditionally ranked in terms of Merch sales? IF we switched to Nike what is your confidence level we would be top 5? How about top 10?

So why would UCLA or a Tennessee take less upfront $ to sign w/ Nike? Simple: b/c as time goes, & uā€™re AD is in order, that back end $ begins to catch up & eventually surpass that alleged guaranteed $$. ****, hereā€™s an excerpt from UCLA experience:

ā€œUCLAā€™s $18.3 million in revenue from sponsorships, licensing agreements, advertisements and royalties was an increase of $3.5 million from the previous year thanks in part to it being the first year the school earned sales commissions from its Nike deal.ā€

Oh, & UCLA now has Nikeā€™s Andy Campion running their Sports Program Director, leading students & student athletes in the realm of sports business, as collegiate sports start bleeding into more of a business. How does that happen? Itā€™s not that heā€™s just an alum, but Nike is also furtheringā€¦ah nvr mind.
....UCLA and UTenn likely did an analysis predicting how much money they were LIKELY to receive from both contracts with certain confidence intervals, and then determined if it was WORTH IT to be with Nike/Adidas for the non-financial impact. Maybe their analysis was that it would be a toss up financially or that Nike was offering more, so they went with who they believe is better for branding. Maybe they think Adidas (or UA or whatever) offer was slightly to moderately better financially, but that Nikes other qualities/branding they offer made up for the financial offer not being as good...

The funny thing is if you reverse this and ask Why would Miami take more upfront $ to sign with Adidas, the most likely answer can also be simple: They did their analysis and determined the offer financially was likely far more than they predicted they'd receive from their Nike offer, and that the Nike branding wasn't "worth" that financial difference. If the two offers were legit toss ups, Its unlikely we would have switched, cause most people would objectively say Nike is a better brand and just a better partner - especially considering how big and historically important our partnership with Nike had been to that point....

lol No. I am just unconvinced that the Royalty heavy contract with Nike would have resulted in more TOTAL MONEY (including Upfront yearly cash+Royalties on backend+equipment value+whatever other bonuses) than we received in the predominantly front-loaded Adidas deal... you know, like I've said repeatedly lol. The main reason being that we know for a fact that we HAVE sucked for the decade since we switched to Adidas, Which A) basically means zero chance we would have been top 10 in sales, let alone top 5 and B) Only maybe basketball was earning anything in terms of bonuses. I have however repeatedly also said that the Adidas deal being 12 years is very bad and COULD result in us making less than we would have with Nike at the end of the contract. Basically I think there is zero chance over the first 8 or so years of the deal with Adidas that we would have made more with Nike. I think it's unlikely but possible from year 8 to last year that we would have made more with Nike. I think NOW it is probably about even odds we now would be better off with Nike. But to me that means 8-10 years of making more money vs 2-4 max years of making less....

Nowhere have I ever said this, period.

SMH. Bro the absolute hilarity is that I have literally said that exact thing lol. Like LITERALLY. This entire page is me basically saying that you CAN estimate/project what we could have received under a potential Nike deal and compare that to what you think we were actually being paid under Adidas lol... Man this is actually legit funny to me at this point

I'll make this simple.

You are trying to back off of YEARS of telling us how the adidas "guaranteed money" trumped every argument that any of us have made. Now, at this late hour, you are falling back to "I am just unconvinced". OK, you are unconvinced. Then do the right thing and shut the **** up.

Because there IS NO convincing. We aren't going to hand you the Nike offer plus ten ACTUAL years of Miami sales. You keep harping on how "bad" Miami has been over the past ten years, while ignoring that there are dozens of Nike programs, at all levels (such as FAMU and UCF) who are not basing their ability to sell merch solely on "winning 10 or more P5 games in Division I-A".

I don't know any other way to explain this. The Miami BRAND remains strong. It is recognizable. It is respected. I have posted in this thread, and others, how I am greeted IN ATLANTA when I am wearing UM merch. Yesterday (as previously stated) I was wearing a green UM adidas polo AND my orange and green Nike Dunks. All day long, people commented positively. One of my corporate officers (who applied to UM but went to UGa) has had conversations with me about UM, including yesterday. I went to pick up pizza and Insomnia cookies for my wife last night, ordered ahead, just had to go in and pick up my stuff. THREE people commented on the U.

So, yeah, we've lost games we should have won. I'm just not sure why you equate that with a guaranteed precipitous drop in merch sales, particularly when @Rellyrell and I have detailed how much MORE college merch (across the board) is being sold today, in the Fanatics Era.

FYI, Nike stock is back on a winning streak.

On top of that, we have made the philosophical argument that "betting on yourself to succeed" is, generally, the better motivating factor than "you will get a set amount no matter how well or poorly you do". That's why people like year-end bonuses and stock comp. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if Beta Blake had to report to Donna or Julio that, NOT ONLY were we doing poorly on the field, BUT ALSO we were losing revenue due to poor merch sales, MAYBE JUST MAYBE Julio would have gotten off of his *** sooner and empowered Joe Echevarria sooner.

If you want to remain "unconvinced" on Miami merchandise projections, even in spite of rising collegiate merch sales ACROSS THE BOARD (not just Miami) and more and more outlets (primarily Fanatics and all their secret-stealth affiliated websites), then that is up to you. If you want to believe that a person making a choice on what clothing to purchase says "no, I can't buy my favorite UM gear today, they haven't won enough games", that's up to you.

But then just shut up. Stop arguing. You are wrong. People know more than you know. Maybe not everyone, but a lot of us.

Stop telling us how wonderful adidas has been for Miami, and how they were the superior choice 10 years ago. Not everything is binary. Those of us who would prefer to see Miami reunite with Nike are not driven by "hate" or any of the other words you carelessly toss around.

It's time to do the right thing and sign a new deal with Nike (or Jordan). Fetishizing one simplistic jersey that we have worn for 9 out of the past 10 years is not enough to justify re-upping with adidas.

Sleeve stripes. U on the collar. Really? That's all it takes to make you happy?

Advertisement
Non-sneakerhead seeking advice on slip-on running shoes. I currently use Nike React Phantom Run Flyknit 2 (seen below). They are no longer made. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

1724329313701.webp

Non-sneakerhead seeking advice on slip-on running shoes. I currently use Nike React Phantom Run Flyknit 2 (seen below). They are no longer made. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

View attachment 298709

Couple of questions.

On the colorway, there are only a couple of sizes left on the Nike site. However, the white colorway has most of the men's sizes.

If you really want that colorway, Google the full name of the model, and then see if any of the retail spots have them, like Foot Locker or ****'s.

If retail is out-of-stock, check the resellers like GOAT and StockX. eBay is not terrible, they do have an authentication program for new shoes, which a seller may or may not use.

Depending on where you live, you might also try the Nike Factory and/or Outlet stores. When I am in Orlando, I hit both.

If you are just looking for easy slip-on characteristic, a number of Nike shoes are available with something called "EasyOn", where the heel is softer and more flexible, so that even if it is a lace-up shoe, you can still slip it on with ease.

I did have a laceless slip-in running shoe from adidas, and I didn't like it very much, therefore I don't know as much about that type of shoe across both brands.

Hope that helps!

1724334608265.webp

FYI, Nike stock is back on a winning streak.

What Rellyrell said a month ago

šŸ‘‡šŸ¾

I mean, I just donā€™t know what else to say on this particular subject matter. Iā€™m glad uā€™re setting the record straight. Thereā€™s not many subjects I vehemently go back & forth on, but when I do itā€™s for good reason. The fact I had to block this individual, again, something I donā€™t normally do, itā€™s for good reason. The fact that they tried to respond to me knowing they r blocked & I canā€™t see **** they say is confirmation I made the right call to block them. The fact that seeing ur replies, & @Zombie-Cane replies gave me all the insight on their perpetual insistence of flooding the board w/ these personal feelings vs. actual information.

View attachment 298709

I, personally, was never a fan of slip on active shoes b/c of fear they would slip off & f my ankle up. Lol. But check out the 3 & 4 models. Like @TheOriginalCane said, resellers like Amazon or Stock X may have them, & currently Nike does have the all whites 2ā€™s still available.

Advertisement
I'll make this simple.

You are trying to back off of YEARS of telling us how the adidas "guaranteed money" trumped every argument that any of us have made. Now, at this late hour, you are falling back to "I am just unconvinced". OK, you are unconvinced. Then do the right thing and shut the **** up.

Because there IS NO convincing. We aren't going to hand you the Nike offer plus ten ACTUAL years of Miami sales.
Ah yes, why wouldnā€™t your reply start off with a blatant lie. lol m. My argument has been the EXACT same from the beginning you just donā€™t want to admit it cause itā€™d make your arguments from the start look bad. Now your entire argument is based on how merch sales have increased across the board due to Fanatics. lol well how bout I just agreeā€¦. Which is why I said first 8 years of Adidas I think we were paid more. Year 8-10 may be possible for Nike to beat Adidas, and I view this year and next as more probably than before. Itā€™s the damndest thing, almost like Iā€™ve said this the whole time šŸ¤£

Fetishizing? God how lame are you lol. Imagine saying Iā€™m the one fetishizing something when yā€™all have been jerking off Nike for years lol. I really like our current uniforms. I did not like what Nike had given us the last decade. lol imagine saying someone is fetishizing something for stating that. (And btw idgaf your opinion on THAT point because itā€™s subjective and youā€™re not gunna change my mind lol). But seriously, The fact you view going back to Nike as ā€œthe right thingā€ is pretty telling here. For me the right thing is providing this program with the best uniforms and as much money as possible - whether or not itā€™s Nike/Adidas.

Last edited:
What Rellyrell said a month ago

šŸ‘‡šŸ¾

I mean, I just donā€™t know what else to say on this particular subject matter. Iā€™m glad uā€™re setting the record straight. Thereā€™s not many subjects I vehemently go back & forth on, but when I do itā€™s for good reason. The fact I had to block this individual, again, something I donā€™t normally do, itā€™s for good reason. The fact that they tried to respond to me knowing they r blocked & I canā€™t see **** they say is confirmation I made the right call to block them. The fact that seeing ur replies, & @Zombie-Cane replies gave me all the insight on their perpetual insistence of flooding the board w/ these personal feelings vs. actual information.
šŸ˜­

Guy keeps commenting on specific subject and essentially lying about what I have been saying and then plays the ā€˜woah is me why is he responding when I have him blockedā€™ card lol. Ight Taylor Lorenz lol

I donā€™t have anyone blocked and can respond to anyone I like lol. You donā€™t want responses out of me on the subjectā€¦have you tried not commenting AND clearly talking about me?

Ah yes, why wouldnā€™t your reply start off with a blatant lie. lol m. My argument has been the EXACT same from the beginning you just donā€™t want to admit it cause itā€™d make your arguments from the start look bad. Now your entire argument is based on how merch sales have increased across the board due to Fanatics. lol well how bout I just agreeā€¦. Which is why I said first 8 years of Adidas I think we were paid more. Year 8-10 may be possible for Nike to beat Adidas, and I view this year and next as more probably than before. Itā€™s the damndest thing, almost like Iā€™ve said this the whole time šŸ¤£

Fetishizing? God how lame are you lol. Imagine saying Iā€™m the one fetishizing something when yā€™all have been jerking off Nike for years lol. I really like our current uniforms. I did not like what Nike had given us the last decade. lol imagine saying someone is fetishizing something for stating that. (And btw idgaf your opinion on THAT point because itā€™s subjective and youā€™re not gunna change my mind lol). But seriously, The fact you view going back to Nike as ā€œthe right thingā€ is pretty telling here. For me the right thing is providing this program with the best uniforms and as much money as possible - whether or not itā€™s Nike/Adidas.

Fortunately, you only wasted 2 paragraphs this time, but it's sufficient to prove you a liar.

I consistently provide multiple aspects to my argument. Every time. How in God's name you can say that my "entire argument is based on...Fanatics", I have no idea. I have called it the "Fanatics Era". Because Fanatics is taking over everyone's brick-and-mortar AND back-end/internet merch sales, but also because Nike (and to a lesser extent, adidas) are moving to a do-it-yourself model, where they can sell directly to customers without having to rely on physical stores, though adidas DOES have more physical stores than adidas.

But, yeah, you've boiled that down to "Fanatics". Whatever.

The point that is truly funny, though...and we really need to emphasize this...is your NAKED ASSERTION, without providing ANY SUPPORT OR ANALYSIS WHATSOEVER, that adidas would have paid more than Nike FOR THE FIRST EIGHT YEARS OF A TWELVE-YEAR CONTRACT.

So, yeah...first, you act as if the 2015 "worst-ever" adidas jerseys (and related merch) would have outsold Year 2 of the Smokes and Greens (and related merch). WRONG. As for 2016-17 through 2022-2023 (which would have been Years 2-8) you have just created an unsupportable scenario where Miami would STILL have made more money off of adidas than Nike. And that Nike sales would ONLY have begun to create a larger total payout during the 2023-2024 year. Meaning, the fiscal year that JUST ended. So we would have had ONLY ONE GOOD NIKE YEAR until today.

Yeah, the "darnedest thing". A mythical "fact" that you just plucked from your ******.

That's insane. And it's pure invention by you, with zero support, to try to make your argument stronger.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back