New BOT members.

School is really serious about continuing to add great value to my degree :-). Vilma is so much better than Bernie. Bernie is a good guy from all accounts, but he seem like he stayed drunk!

Advertisement
School is really serious about continuing to add great value to my degree :-). Vilma is so much better than Bernie. Bernie is a good guy from all accounts, but he seem like he stayed drunk!

There are multiple parts to the board. Bernie wasn't a senior member and had no real say. He also has a medical condition that causes him to talk like that.

Advertisement
Still think Marcus Lemonis is a jack *** after this failed publicity stunt.

[TWEET]672185777774796800[/TWEET]

Marcus is a great dude

I don't get the hate for him in the previous post.

Maybe the poster is actually Bruno Barreiro

This guy?

wtWOc-0C.webp

Yeah right... Is he one of your friends?

Advertisement

Marcus is a great dude

I don't get the hate for him in the previous post.

Maybe the poster is actually Bruno Barreiro

This guy?

View attachment 45022

Yeah right... Is he one of your friends?

No, but Lemonis ran against him for the Florida Legislature

Shanken is a good friend of Rush Limbaugh he mentions him when he talks about golf.Looks like a good group.I love the fact that Vilma is on there.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2017/05/05/university-of-miami-elects-new-members-to-board-of.html

New members elected to the one-year term include:

• Adriana Cisneros Phelps de Griffin, chief executive officer and vice chairman of the Cisneros Group of Companies

• Miguel B. “Mike” Fernandez, chairman of MBF Healthcare Partners, a private equity firm

• Marcus Lemonis, chairman and chief executive officer of Camping World, the nation’s largest recreational vehicle and outdoor retailer, and Good Sam, an RV owner’s organization

• Jacquelyn R. “Jackie” Soffer, co-chairman and chief executive officer of Turnberry Associates, an Aventura-based real estate group

• Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., president and chief executive officer of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, a national organization representing approximately 300,000 students attending 47 public, historically black colleges and universities in the United States

• Ana VeigaMilton, president and chief executive officer of the Jos MiltonFoundation, which supports programs and organizations in South Florida that improve quality of living, with a special focus on education, research and access to health care

• Jonathan Vilma, retired NFL player, currently a college football commentator and studio analyst for the ESPN network. As a UM student-athlete, Vilma helped the Miami Hurricanes win the 2001 NCAA National Championship

• Geisha Jimenez Williams, president, Electric Operations at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. She is the highest-ranking Latina in the power electric industry

• Marvin R. Shanken, chairman and owner, M. Shanken Communications, Inc

• Alessandria San Roman, student at UM Law School

Trustees stepping down after completing three-year terms are Doyle N. Beneby and Michael J. Piechoski. Student Trustee Noor Joudi also stepped down after her one-year term.

Johnny Taylor is a great guy, I was friends with him during our time at UM and worked with him in Student Government. Johnny was at UM during the JJ/Erickson years so I don't think he would be one of those BoT members who are unfriendly to sports.

Marcus is a great dude

I totally agree, Watching him in his show, he's a great man to work for, a go-getter, Someone who will elevate you to get to his level or surpass him. It won't matter to him, very fluid dude.

I have not watched his show. But that whole stadium thing seemed like a publicity stunt to promote his show. Hopefully I'm wrong and he handles the job well.

I doubt he needed the publicity of the 2015 hurricanes to promote his show. The guys loves the program more than even some of the famous alumni who don't contribute ****.

Advertisement
A student at the law school is on the BOT?

grassroots

It's not that uncommon for schools to have a student as a rotating member of BOT to get their perspective.

It's extremely common, today's student is tomorrow's donor, so you want to make sure that their collegiate experience is top notch. Theoretically, every decision made is supposed to be made in the best interests of those students, so giving them a seat at the table is a sensible move.

Advertisement
Back