Never go against ration.

Mario’s the only guy on that list that had the guts and ability to tear it to the ground, get rid of as many mediocre players as possible, and recruit top level players. Everyone else on the list was just business as usual. Keep the same players, win a few extra games sooner, recruit more of the same type players and get more mediocre results. We needed a change. I’m willing to take a few steps back to finally more forward. I think Mario can do it. Not a fun process but a necessary one.
This is totally false.

Riley, Brohm, Tucker (before the *** scandal), Venables, etc., have all overturned the rosters during their first and second years respectively and put up excellent seasons as a whole.

At this point, if you cannot see that this roster is mostly made up of Mario’s players and we still suck, then you will most likely never see it. Mario is a terrible gameday coach, and always has been.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Episode 1 Front Page Of Springfield Shopper GIF by The Simpsons

Mario’s the only guy on that list that had the guts and ability to tear it to the ground, get rid of as many mediocre players as possible, and recruit top level players. Everyone else on the list was just business as usual. Keep the same players, win a few extra games sooner, recruit more of the same type players and get more mediocre results. We needed a change. I’m willing to take a few steps back to finally more forward. I think Mario can do it. Not a fun process but a necessary one.

The idea a HC needs to suck absolute donkeyballs for 2 seasons of misery before showing any actual results on the field is unsupportable. Taking it two steps further and trying to give Mario credit for "having the guts to suck" is Branch Davidian type "thinking".

Advertisement
What a joke this post is! Mario is a fraud, thief, narcissist, and a liar!

3 posts and this is one of them.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Even with that record, people were celebrating Richt stepping down in year 3. Ain’t nobody worth a salt walking through
that door with these expectations.
Miami has been a 7-5 team for two full decades but fan expectations are always 10 wins minimum.
If you can’t handle fewer than 10 win seasons, turn the TV off and find a new hobby.
Anybody wondering why Mario is paid so much with such a hefty buyout, this is it.

Mario wasn’t this bad at Oregon. If he were, Oregon would not have extended him.

Do u know how u get to 7-5 every year? Let me walk u down the road of Miami’s laziness and ineptitude:

U fire a coach in which the program has completely collapsed under. Good; but, then u hire a staff member w/ no coaching experience to continue. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c clearly progress is not made. Good; but, then u hire a G5 coach who was sub .500 for his career. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c, u know, results weren’t up to par. Good; but, instead of doing a coaching search, u zero’d in on a former alum entering retirement age who was fired at his old job. Bad

Thank goodness said coach saw the game had passed him by, & he did the honorable thing by retiring and walking away. Good; but, ONCE AGAIN, u hire a guy from his staff w/ no coaching experience to run ur program. Bad

So now, u just fired that guy b/c, well, he sucked. Good; but instead of vetting all possible candidates, u zero’d in on another alum that had a mixed bag of success at his previous job. TBD.

That’s this program in a nut shell.

Advertisement
Do u know how u get to 7-5 every year? Let me walk u down the road of Miami’s laziness and ineptitude:

U fire a coach in which the program has completely collapsed under. Good; but, then u hire a staff member w/ no coaching experience to continue. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c clearly progress is not made. Good; but, then u hire a G5 coach who was sub .500 for his career. Bad.

U then fire that coach b/c, u know, results weren’t up to par. Good; but, instead of doing a coaching search, u zero’d in on a former alum entering retirement age who was fired at his old job. Bad

Thank goodness said coach saw the game had passed him by, & he did the honorable thing by retiring and walking away. Good; but, ONCE AGAIN, u hire a guy from his staff w/ no coaching experience to run ur program. Bad

So now, u just fired that guy b/c, well, he sucked. Good; but instead of vetting all possible candidates, u zero’d in on another alum that had a mixed bag of success at his previous job. TBD.

Well said, but slight clarification... the bold part is actually in the wrong order, they only decided to fire the guy who sucked AFTER they zero'd in on another alum that had a mixed bag of success which I would argue is actually even worse. They said 'well... you haven't done bad enough for us to justify firing you but we will if we can replace you with this other guy who has had mixed results b/c I went to high school with him'

View attachment 266918
I respect your post, because CIS will bring the heat for such a ballsy stance
Ha. Gotta stand out from the crowd. “Mean internet words” don’t hurt. That’s what makes Miami fans the best in the world (passionate and rabid) when we are on top, and the absolute worst unrealistic win now spoiled angry whiners when we suck. We all want the same thing, to be kings of college football again.

There is no comparison to these other programs everyone spouts off about. Compete rebuild from 20 years of failure of a team that ruled the sport. The Dukes and Louisville’s of the world have zero expectations, get a good coach, keep their players, win some games, have an good couple of seasons and everybody is happy, and they will disappear back to sucking in 3-5 years. Oklahoma had all sorts of 10 win seasons before they dropped off, so way easier to rebuild. Just nothing like the Miami situation. Closest might be Alabama when Saban took over. But no comparison to having the Goat handle your rebuild.

I hoping that either Mario can continue to overturn the roster with elite players and get a couple superstar coordinators to win a ship, or at least be the Richt of GA, have a bunch of 9/10 win seasons and build the foundation for a Kirby Smart-like take over to finish the job. Until then, we will just keep arguing on the internet because it somehow makes us feel better or something.

Let's not forget that if said coach gets 8 wins instead of 6 or 7 like the prior year, he gets an immediate 4-5 year extension, or in Mario's case, lifetime contract before he even got the job.

Go back and read everything you wrote. Now explain to me WTF the banner plane folks think is going to happen after Cristobal. Because i can tell you after reading that. The next coach after Cristobal will be…BAD.

Advertisement
Go back and read everything you wrote. Now explain to me WTF the banner plane folks think is going to happen after Cristobal. Because i can tell you after reading that. The next coach after Cristobal will be…BAD.

Oh, I for one don’t disagree w/ u. I’ve always said the problem w: the school is the leadership, period. If Mario doesn’t work out, then we’re screwed beyond belief. I don’t think any planes should fly at this juncture, but if we see the same chit in yr 3, then the planes need to fly not bashing Mario, but this admin for continuing the same vicious cycle.

Oh, I for one don’t disagree w/ u. I’ve always said the problem w: the school is the leadership, period. If Mario doesn’t work out, then we’re screwed beyond belief. I don’t think any planes should fly at this juncture, but if we see the same chit in yr 3, then the planes need to fly not bashing Mario, but this admin for continuing the same vicious cycle.
The admin will never learn from banner planes. They fired Blake James and Manny Diaz. Criticize the admins more and they’ll just shrug their shoulders. “Didn’t we already hire former players to over see the program? Got other players to chime in on the Richt and Cristobal hires? Stole the leading ACC program’s AD? Stole a Power 5 head coach who is NOT at retirement age?” They aren’t going to learn at this point. They are going to do anything but scrutinize the true needs of the program.

Facts!!!

Advertisement
He is not going anywhere anytime soon and personally I think the planes are dumb but if people are going to fly them, instead of saying 'Fire Mario' they should say something like 'Please run a modern offense' or 'Please stop meddling with the offense'

He is not going anywhere anytime soon and personally I think the planes are dumb but if people are going to fly them, instead of saying 'Fire Mario' they should say something like 'Please run a modern offense' or 'Please stop meddling with the offense'
Of all my issues, Mario Ball is my only true complaint (and clock management). The rest of the stuff is bad and frustrating, but I can handle some bad coaching if he continues to pull elite talent. What I can't watch anymore is the predictable Mario ball where everyone, including us fans at home, knows that it's about to be a run play up the middle on a critical down.

There’s not many things currently that **** me off more than this..I could be having a normal day then i think about this and for 10 minutes im ****ed lol

Being at the top of college football then basically throwing it away is the craziest **** ever

mario has been given all the resources and tools.... the results aint what we all want. For whats been spent, let us ride this out. We have no choice at this point...

Advertisement
Back