NCAA

Advertisement
the fact that this is taking this much longer worries me. Makes me wonder if they unearthed some more damaging findings from Shapiro.

Advertisement
the fact that this is taking this much longer worries me. Makes me wonder if they unearthed some more damaging findings from Shapiro.

I'm leaning more towards they ain't got **** besides what's already been acted upon (last year's suspensions) and are trying to string this out.

CBS is not expecting it, Miami is. This is nothing more than a rehash of what we already knew. IMO the fact that the lead investigator reportedly retired is slowing this thing down.

Advertisement
so if that is the case, will we be able to credit this year as one of the probation years since we are only carrying 80?

pretty sure that was the whole point of cutting down to 80

so if that is the case, will we be able to credit this year as one of the probation years since we are only carrying 80?

We are not down to 80. If all the 2012 kids enroll in August (except for AJL who should come in 2013) then we will be at exactly 85. We need to lose 5 more kids to get to 80 or have some of the 2012 class get disqualified.

We are not down to 80. If all the 2012 kids enroll in August (except for AJL who should come in 2013) then we will be at exactly 85. We need to lose 5 more kids to get to 80 or have some of the 2012 class get disqualified.

True at the moment, but Golden has mentioned several times that we'll only have 80 this season

Advertisement
He definitely has a plan. He has played the roster and schollies quite well so far, regardless what the countless haters would say.

We skate.

at this point I'd take a couple more scholly losses and have the **** over well before signing day than let it drag on another cycle. the sooner the better at this point. it would give the staff time to get everyone in this upcoming class settled. worst case would be a lot of uncertainty or bad news right before signing day

Advertisement

I'm leaning more towards they ain't got **** besides what's already been acted upon (last year's suspensions) and are trying to string this out.

That's kind of the feeling I get. Despite what they've said about the Yahoo article having no impact on their investigation, I do believe the mass publicity this got is putting pressure on them to lay out a stiff penalty but they don't have anything besides what was already doled out.

It's also possible that, due to the avalanche of negative publicity this received when the Yahoo "story" broke, the NCAA may be waiting to let some time pass before they slap us on the wrist. To go from the death penalty to a slap on the wrist in a short timespan would infuriate some. Just a thought. Regardless, can you imagine how AG would clean up in recruiting without this dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over us?

It's also possible that, due to the avalanche of negative publicity this received when the Yahoo "story" broke, the NCAA may be waiting to let some time pass before they slap us on the wrist. To go from the death penalty to a slap on the wrist in a short timespan would infuriate some. Just a thought. Regardless, can you imagine how AG would clean up in recruiting without this dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over us?

There was never a chance of the death penalty. That was just **** some of the media tossed out because sensationalizing the story = ratings, and because some of those asshats, like Mark May, just flat out hate UM.

Advertisement
Back