Most pivotal player of 2012? Gotta be Stephen Morris, right?

His Arm is way stronger than Berlin's. Morris has an elite arm. He can make every throw.

Advertisement
To the OP Morris is the X-factor.

If he can actually win games rather than manage games, that equates to a couple extra wins.

If there is a second X-factor it's Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
Morris definitely has an elite arm. That isn't even in question. The problem, is his accuracy and touch isn't elite.

His Arm is way stronger than Berlin's. Morris has an elite arm. He can make every throw.

Morris has an above average arm, not elite.

+1, not sure why this is even being discusses. His arm is as elite as you can get, from a strength perspective.

no, it's not.

Elways arm was elite, and Morris' arm is not Elways.

Marve showed the same type of arm strength that Morris has and no one was calling his arm elite.

Morris definitely has an elite arm. That isn't even in question. The problem, is his accuracy and touch isn't elite.

Morris has an above average arm, not elite.

+1, not sure why this is even being discusses. His arm is as elite as you can get, from a strength perspective.

no, it's not.

Elways arm was elite, and Morris' arm is not Elways.

Marve showed the same type of arm strength that Morris has and no one was calling his arm elite.

We are comparing Elways arm to a 20 year old? Morris has a cannon. Whether it's "elite" or not is irrelevant. He has a strong enough arm to make every throw he needs to make. And for the record, Marve's arm is not as strong as Morris' arm.

Marve and Berlin would be a good comparison on arm strength, Morris has a cannon.

Advertisement
WTF cares what a definition of elite is? Point is, he's got a GREAT arm and can make all the throws. Can we leave it at that?

If the definition of elite arm-strength is John Elway, then very few guys have 'elite' arm-strength, then

A ****ing match over what an "elite" arm is. SMH

Morris has an elite arm when it comes to strength. In any case, it's plenty strong enough for any level of football I know of.

BTW, the last elite level college QB UM had was Ken Dorsey, who's arm strength was very average. So it can be overrated to a large degree. But I do think this offense was a bit limited with Harris' inability to drive the ball deep with velocity...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fisch was an NFL coach and he says Morris has an elite arm. Compared him to Cutler.

Good QB play can cover up a ton of your problems.

I can't even remember the last time we had good QB play here.

If Morris has a solid season no reason why we can't win 8-9 games.

Advertisement
If the definition of elite arm-strength is John Elway, then very few guys have 'elite' arm-strength, then

I agree with few guys have elite arm strength, which is why it's called elite. I'm not saying Morris doesn't have a strong arm, and have compared him to two guys who also had pretty good arm strength in Berlin and Marve.

Also agree with your other post that arm strength can be an overrated quality in cfb.

Fisch was an NFL coach and he says Morris has an elite arm. Compared him to Cutler.
And Cutler bragged that his arm was stronger than Elway's arm. Only guy Cutler said had a stronger arm than him was Jamarcus Russell.

I agree with few guys have elite arm strength, which is why it's called elite. I'm not saying Morris doesn't have a strong arm, and have compared him to two guys who also had pretty good arm strength in Berlin and Marve.

Also agree with your other post that arm strength can be an overrated quality in cfb.

Marve and Berlin both had strong arms. Neither had an arm as strong as Morris. His is just at another level.

Advertisement
Back