Most explosive offense in the country?

Yoyo82

Recruit
Premium

Which team has the most explosive offense in the country?

Dinich: This is a toss-up between Miami, Ole Miss and Tennessee. They are all statistically comparable, but I'm going with the Vols, who have 43 total explosive plays so far (rushes of at least 10 yards, and passes of at least 20 yards). What's remarkable about Tennessee is that rookie quarterback Iamaleava is just getting started. "Every rep that he gets on game day is only going to continue to make him better," Heupel told me. "He's been really good about taking care of the football in general. He had a couple interceptions [against NC State], but that's all 11 truly operating as one. He's had really good command, he's got great demeanor and as much if anything every rep he gets is only continuing him to grow."

Rittenberg: Miami is my pick, and not just because of its explosiveness but its efficiency, which coordinator Shannon Dawson values. The Canes have punted three times in as many games and have just two three-and-outs. "If you want to look at the best stat to tell whether an offense is worth a s--- or not, then you ought to look at yards per play," Dawson told me. "Yards per play will tell you everything." Miami ranks third nationally at 8.66 yards per play, thanks to electric quarterback Ward, a deep group of backs and wide receivers and an "elite" offensive line. "We're not having a lot of negative plays," Dawson said. "We're going forward, we're converting third downs, and we're scoring on drives. That's efficient football." Ward is clearly the catalyst, but Miami also has four players with more than 100 rushing yards and six with 92 or more receiving yards. "We have a very deep running back room, we roll a lot of guys in there, so I don't know if one guy is going to get abnormal numbers," Dawson said. "It's much like the receiver room, we're rolling four or five receivers in, along with three tight ends. So the ball is getting spread around to a lot of people."

Advertisement
I think, or at least hope, the difference this year is we aren’t gong off because of the opponents we’ve played—which we’ve seen in the past can be fools gold.

I think we’re balling because we have ballers. Everywhere. Meaning I think we can keep rolling against basically anyone.

The thing those three teams have in common is they haven’t played anyone. Between Miami Tennessee and ole **** the three p4 opponents are ufag, nc state and wake forest. Three garbage teams. Now who is the most garbage? I believe all those games were on the road but who cares. Those teams are garbage water drank and ****ed out by a drunk ufag jorts wearer.

I think we have a top 5 offense in the country but once conference play starts we will learn more. How about usc, Oregon, Ohio state, Bama, Texas? Either of those could make a case

Advertisement
Miami ranks 3rd nationally in YPP, if you factor in games vs FCS teams, which you should not.

Louisville ranks #1 in the country in YPP, if you take into account all games. But they've played 2 games, one vs an FCS opponent and the other against Jacksonville State.

If you look at FBS vs FBS only, Miami has the #1 offense in the country by a wide margin in YPP.

So you throw out FAMU for us, you throw out Austin Peay for Louisville, you throw out Furman for Ole Miss, you throw out Chattanooga for UT, etc, here is how it stacks up:

1. Miami - 9.14 YPP
2. Louisville - 8.59 YPP (1 game vs Jacksonville St)
3. Ole Miss - 8.58 YPP
4. Tennessee - 8.16 YPP

We are almost a FULL YARD ahead of the #4 team in the country, Tennessee. The difference between Miami, at #1, and Tennessee, at #4, is the same as the difference between Tennessee and USC, at #17.

Long way to go here. We have played 2 bad FBS teams. The gator isn't Jax St bad, but they're probably going to go 1-11 or 2-10. Ball State is a below average MAC team. So there's nothing to celebrate here yet. But Miami has been the best and most efficient offense in the country thus far, end of discussion.

Miami ranks 3rd nationally in YPP, if you factor in games vs FCS teams, which you should not.

Louisville ranks #1 in the country in YPP, if you take into account all games. But they've played 2 games, one vs an FCS opponent and the other against Jacksonville State.

If you look at FBS vs FBS only, Miami has the #1 offense in the country by a wide margin in YPP.

So you throw out FAMU for us, you throw out Austin Peay for Louisville, you throw out Furman for Ole Miss, you throw out Chattanooga for UT, etc, here is how it stacks up:

1. Miami - 9.14 YPP
2. Louisville - 8.59 YPP (1 game vs Jacksonville St)
3. Ole Miss - 8.58 YPP
4. Tennessee - 8.16 YPP

We are almost a FULL YARD ahead of the #4 team in the country, Tennessee. The difference between Miami, at #1, and Tennessee, at #4, is the same as the difference between Tennessee and USC, at #17.

Long way to go here. We have played 2 bad FBS teams. The gator isn't Jax St bad, but they're probably going to go 1-11 or 2-10. Ball State is a below average MAC team. So there's nothing to celebrate here yet. But Miami has been the best and most efficient offense in the country thus far, end of discussion.
We’ve done what we should’ve done against “lesser” competition. In years past - think FIU, MTSU, etc. - not so much.

I think some of you guys need to chill. Miami will be in close games this year and I can already see a lot of you losing your **** because you think this team is just better than everyone after FAMU and BAll ST. you guys have to know better. I agree it looks different currently but the season starts Saturday. 20yrs of data has me in wait in see mode still. I want to see this team get its nose bloody and see how they respond, its inevitable to happen.

Advertisement
We’ve done what we should’ve done against “lesser” competition. In years past - think FIU, MTSU, etc. - not so much.

No doubt. I don’t even think about years past, though. I go just to last year. We averaged over 8 YPP in each of the first 4 games. But it still wasn’t THIS good. So yes, we’ve done what we needed to do, and then some. If you’re a pessimist, you can point to falling off a cliff last year when the offense looked like a well-oiled machine. If you’re an optimist, you can recognize that but also say we weren’t beating FBS teams 62-0. Or SEC teams by what could have been 50.

Again, this is why we invest so much energy into this program. For the journey. It’s only mid-September. We have, hopefully, 4 more months of dissecting and discussing this team. I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.

I think some of you guys need to chill. Miami will be in close games this year and I can already see a lot of you losing your **** because you think this team is just better than everyone after FAMU and BAll ST. you guys have to know better. I agree it looks different currently but the season starts Saturday. 20yrs of data has me in wait in see mode still. I want to see this team get its nose bloody and see how they respond, its inevitable to happen.
Ain't no time for this sort of mopery. We fuccin and we fuccin rolling USF this weekend.

Advertisement
Not to brag, but I have the most explosive diarrhea in the country.
IMG_0342.gif

Advertisement
Must be all that skyline chili
Well played, but I've never lived in Cincinnati. BigDikDaddy didn't rhyme with any of the places I lived in previously, but it does rhyme with Cincinnati. Funniest comment I got one time was from some random dude - "So what part of Cincinnati are you from?" Still makes me chuckle.

Well played, but I've never lived in Cincinnati. BigDikDaddy didn't rhyme with any of the places I lived in previously, but it does rhyme with Cincinnati. Funniest comment I got one time was from some random dude - "So what part of Cincinnati are you from?" Still makes me chuckle.
Well props for creativity

Fans don't need to "chill". They've waited decades to be relevant and to look like a force again.

As long as the coaches keep the players focused and guys are taking each game as one-week seasons, who cares if fans get ahead of themselves? Has no impact on the game or process.

Advertisement
Back