Michael Irvin says Friday Night Resembled the Old Orange Bowl Days

I think the idea is the 2017 Notre Dame game was as good as any of the best Orange Bowl games.

This past VT game had an Orange Bowl feel for sure.
I think the amount of music and commercials ruins the home field advantage. I am not saying not to play music but it doesn’t have to be at every single break especially when the team is making a comeback. Let the fans cheer and connect with the game when momentum is swinging our way.

Advertisement
And you park in someone else's surrounding home instead of the pavement from a race track that feels like it's 125 degrees when standing on it.
I went to a Miami-Syracuse game at the OB back when I was a kid with family and friends from Syracuse. We parked at one of those houses, and we left the game early cause I think Syracuse was losing by 50 and everyone but me was morose. This may be my kid memory playing tricks, but I swear when we got to the house where we parked our car in it was blocked by other cars and we ended paying some giant humans who were around to pick up the car that was blocking ours so we could exit.

I think the amount of music and commercials ruins the home field advantage. I am not saying not to play music but it doesn’t have to be at every single break especially when the team is making a comeback. Let the fans cheer and connect with the game when momentum is swinging our way.
I agree with most of this. Though, i will say, the music is better than the trash from last year.

Indeed. They hosted it on campus, which was where the greatest sign in all of GameDay was hoisted.....

Pan Con Pinga y se acabo el pan

Glorious. Just typing those words out in that Cuban mantra of freedom and glory brings a nostalgic tingle to my entire body.
the pan con pinga gives you tingles?

what are we talking about here? is this the WEZ?

It was the best environment I had been too in 4-5 years. Was a lot of fun.

I just don’t know if my heart can take games like this and GT anymore

Advertisement
Nah man plenty of posters here were saying we shouldn’t be celebrating

I’ll take their advice over some nobody like Michael Irving

exactly. this was discussed in the DJ thread last week.

i would fire the DJ. who the **** needs it?

Night games at the old girl is one of my favorite sports experiences ever. The energy walking thru lil Havana and then inside was CRAZY. Probably the most unique and hallowed college football experience ever. Not a collegiate environment and that’s why it was sooo F’ing awesome.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
they need to focus on putting pretty girls in skimp outfits on the television screens. that resolves EVERYTHING,
Or add some more cheerleaders
1af.gif

Advertisement
Don't forget the rickety metal bleachers and floors in the student section that makes an amazing, loud sound when the fans stomp on them when the opponent is on offense!
While important and acknowledged, those requests are on the secondary list of improvements. I put trough style urinals first in my list for a reason dammitt!!

the pan con pinga gives you tingles?

what are we talking about here? is this the WEZ?
Para ser completamente honesto, no es las palabras que están dandome los "tinglis." Es el recordito de ese día, mirando la television sin expectaciones solo ver este señal diciendo esas palabras, entonces muriendo de risa y conociendo que la mayoria de gente no tenia ni idea de la significación.

Advertisement
Para ser completamente honesto, no es las palabras que están dandome los "tinglis." Es el recordito de ese día, mirando la television sin expectaciones solo ver este señal diciendo esas palabras, entonces muriendo de risa y conociendo que la mayoria de gente no tenia ni idea de la significación.
that's a bad google translate, meng?

doesn't meet @Empirical Cane ASTM standards. amirite?

Advertisement
Back