Miami will face Florida Game Thread @ 4:30 p.m., ESPN2

Painful to watch us on offense. The concerns about Newton at PG are being validated. We can put him at the two, but it's tough having a two guard with a shooting range of 16 feet and in.

All of that said, it's easy to blame Newton. The offense would look a **** of a lot better if Lawrence, Reed, and DJ started shooting better from outside. 2-16 and 4-14 from three point range isn't going to win very many ACC games.

Advertisement
Newton is by FAR the best scorer on this team, and we got people trying to get him out the door.

He averaged 18.6 for the tourney with reed 2nd at 10.6.

Lawrence was terrible yesterday.

DJ was like 1 of 7 from 3.

I still think we're a tourney team, because I think by the end of the season the team will find itself, and the freshmen will be even better and playing more over some of the older guys.

With our lack of size and lack of shooting ability along with our athleticism, I think this team needs to create a half court trap. We need to try and force turnovers which could lead to easy points on the other end. I would say we should start full court trapping but with only 9 scholarship players I don't think we have the depth do that. Lawrence needs to stop getting in foul trouble every game, it's really hurting the team. We also need to move the ball around. They were playing zone on us and we would either dribble too much or we would have one pass and then one of our players would just sit on the ball. In order to beat a zone you need to move the ball quickly, especially when you are having trouble shooting. Frustrating. There's talent here so hopefully they get it together soon.

Advertisement
I still think we're a tourney team, because I think by the end of the season the team will find itself, and the freshmen will be even better and playing more over some of the older guys.

The team needs to find a point guard to be a tourney team. Newton is a very good player and a very bad point guard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back