Miami vs Rugters

By this time next week we will know if this year's squad are contenders or pretenders. Considering we are playing a UF team that embarrassed us in Omaha, ended our season, and is now better than last year, I'm not terribly optimistic.

A lot of people can't handle the truth in here. Our pitching will be our weakness in this one.

Advertisement
By this time next week we will know if this year's squad are contenders or pretenders. Considering we are playing a UF team that embarrassed us in Omaha, ended our season, and is now better than last year, I'm not terribly optimistic.

A lot of people can't handle the truth in here. Our pitching will be our weakness in this one.

We gave up all of two runs to Rutgers the whole series this weekend. The pitching looks really solid at this point. Our bullpen should be outstanding. I'm more worried about the bats being cold early in the year. And for that reason I would discount the results of any early season games anyway.

We gave up all of two runs to Rutgers the whole series this weekend. The pitching looks really solid at this point. Our bullpen should be outstanding. I'm more worried about the bats being cold early in the year. And for that reason I would discount the results of any early season games anyway.

Rutgers is complete trash. We sweep them almost every season. That series tells us absolutely nothing about anything.

The "we went to Omaha" cheerleaders need to take a step back and look at who we beat in the post-season last year to get to the College World Series:

4-seed FIU
3-seed Columbia
3-seed Columbia
4-seed VCU
4-seed VCU

We literally had the easiest road imaginable to get to Omaha. Once we got there and had to play an actual #1 seed, the scores were 15-3 and 10-2. This is still a decent team, but nowhere near a championship contender. The candy-*** pitching philosophy of sending soft-tossing lefties out there will bite us once again while UF has five draftable pitchers.

The "we went to Omaha" cheerleaders need to take a step back and look at who we beat in the post-season last year to get to the College World Series:

4-seed FIU
3-seed Columbia
3-seed Columbia
4-seed VCU
4-seed VCU

We literally had the easiest road imaginable to get to Omaha. Once we got there and had to play an actual #1 seed, the scores were 15-3 and 10-2. This is still a decent team, but nowhere near a championship contender. The candy-*** pitching philosophy of sending soft-tossing lefties out there will bite us once again while UF has five draftable pitchers.

I hate Arteaga's obsession with lefty pitchers

Advertisement

Rutgers is complete trash. We sweep them almost every season. That series tells us absolutely nothing about anything.

Sure they aren't any good, But we also haven't ever held them to two runs in a 3 game series. May not mean anything in the long run, but it's a positive. I'm more concerned that the bats were relatively quiet vs Rutgers. We won't beat UF if we can't hit their pitching which should be light years ahewad of what Rutgers trots out there.

Advertisement
Back