Miami vs FGCU

MexiCane11

Recruit
Top of 6 Miami 3-0

Lopez and Ruiz each with an RBI.

Michelangeli with an RBI.

Lepore is cruising through 5, allowing only 1 hit.

Garcia gets some work in the 9 to close it.

Game, Miami wins 4-0. Nice mid week win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
So let me try to understand Jagr.

Should Miami NOT try to win NOW and just wait to turn it on for the ACC tournament, Regionals and Super Regionals?

I for one am enjoying what this team is accomplishing this season. Will they win the World Series? At this time, we don't know but I sure as **** like what I see. They're playing as a team, playing good Defense and clutch hitting when it matters (per game).

Anyways, here's to a good fun season of the first 28 games..24 wins, I'll take it!!

Last edited:

Should Miami NOT try to win NOW and just wait till the ACC tournament and then turn it on for the Refionals and Super Regionals?

I for one am enjoying what this team is accomplishing this season. Will they win the World Series? At this time, we don't know but I sure as **** like what I see. They're playing as a team, playing good Defense and clutch hitting when it matters (per game).

Anyways, here's to a good fun season of the first 28 games..24 wins, I'll take it!!

Short answer: Jagr = troll, Mods = Terrible

I'll take the wins and enjoy the season.

Should Miami NOT try to win NOW and just wait to turn it on for the ACC tournament, Regionals and Super Regionals?

What an amateur. Of course Miami should try to win now. The change we would like to see is Miami trying to win in the post-season.

Advertisement
Right the team is not trying to win in the postseason? The gu ycontinues to amaze with his buffoonery.

Right the team is not trying to win in the postseason? The gu ycontinues to amaze with his buffoonery.

Didn't you know?

Teams routinely get to Omaha without trying.

That coward didn't even answer my question either. How rude.

Didn't you know?

Teams routinely get to Omaha without trying.

That coward didn't even answer my question either. How rude.

Didn't know you were serious.

They are both pretty accurate as we have done what we did last year - beat up on teams in the regular season.

Those numbers will prove to be useless when the Jim Morris Effect takes over in late May.

But since the post-season is random, Jim Morris can't do anything about it. We're just buying lottery tickets and hoping for the best.

Advertisement
They are both pretty accurate as we have done what we did last year - beat up on teams in the regular season.

But you claimed that we beat up on a bunch of cupcakes last year and lost to the good teams.

Now we're beating everybody.

Of course that's still not good for you. Something we've known all along.

But since the post-season is random, Jim Morris can't do anything about it. We're just buying lottery tickets and hoping for the best.

This is laughable of course considering that Jim Morris is one of the winningest postseason coaches in the history of the sport.

What's also funny is that you are bashing the team for not doing something that they could not have possibly done yet. That be winning in the postseason since the postseason hasn't started yet.

This is laughable of course considering that Jim Morris is one of the winningest postseason coaches in the history of the sport.

When he loses, it's all because of a small sample size and the randomness of post-season baseball. Anything can happen. But if he wins in the postseason (15 years ago)? Then he's a post-season genius.

I see what you're doing.

Advertisement
When he loses, it's all because of a small sample size and the randomness of post-season baseball. Anything can happen. But if he wins in the postseason (15 years ago)? Then he's a post-season genius.

When have I used randomness to excuse any of his postseason losses?

Florida was better than us last year. Not random.

Texas Tech was on an historical pitching run in 2014. Maybe random but certainly the team playing better won.

2013? Better team won that Regional too.

2012? Stony Brook on fire.

2011? Better team won.

So on and so forth.

The issue is that you made the stupendously ridiculous claim that the college baseball postseason is the most 'UNrandom' event there is. That is of course ludicrous on it's face.

But if he wins in the postseason (15 years ago)?

He's 101-49 in the postseason. That's a better than 67% winning percentage. That's better than even Ron Fraser.

That's proof that he's really good.

Randomness comes in small samples.

You still have no Earthly clue about any of this stuff.

But if he wins in the postseason (15 years ago)?

And this proves what a liar you've been all this time.

We claim (rightly) that you view anything less than a national championship as a failure and an embarrassment. You deny it. But then you come back with claims like this that Jim Morris last 'won' in the postseason 15 years ago.

Hence only winning national championships is classified as winning at all.

Did he not win in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2015?

You don't get to 100 postseason wins and a 67% win percentage in one or two seasons.

When have I used randomness to excuse any of his postseason losses?

These are all direct quotes:

Virginia is actually a perfect example of the randomness of baseball.
The postseason has very little to do with determining who has the best team or who had the best season.
I just don't blame him and don't want to throw him out because of random events.
Once again it was random and a statistical fluke.
College baseball is just about the most random sport in the history of athletics.
The postseason is random
Random results happen in every round.
That's baseball. It's the most random of all.

You're really bad at this.

Advertisement
Back