Miami moves up to No. 7 in the latest AP Poll rankings

View as article

Trinton Breeze

Freshman
Premium
Following a thrilling yet nerve-wracking first half, the Canes pulled away and blew out the USF Bulls, 50-15. As a result, Hurricanes climbed up to #7 in the latest AP Poll.

The Hurricanes moved up one spot from last week and jumped the Missouri Tiger, who won a nail-biter over Vanderbilt.

Check out the full rankings:

AP Poll Rankings for Week 5​

1. Texas
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Alabama
  5. Tennessee
  6. Ole Miss
  7. Miami
  8. Oregon
  9. Penn State
  10. Utah
  11. Missouri...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Following a thrilling yet nerve-wracking victory against the USF Bulls, the Hurricanes have successfully climbed the rankings in last week's poll. They are now positioned as the No. 7 team in the nation, gearing up to face the Hokies this weekend.

The Hurricanes have moved up one spot from last week and jumped the Missouri Tigers at the No. 7 spot as they had a nail-biter with Vanderbilt.

Check out the rankings:

AP Poll Rankings for Week 5​

1. Texas
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Alabama
  5. Tennessee
  6. Ole Miss
  7. Miami
  8. Oregon
  9. Penn State
  10. Utah
  11. Missouri
  12. Michigan
  13. Southern Cal
  14. LSU
  15. Louisville
  16. Notre Dame
  17. Clemson
  18. Iowa State
  19. Illinois
  20. Oklahoma State
  21. Oklahoma
  22. BYU
  23. Kansas State
  24. Texas A&M
  25. Boise State

Others receiving votes:​

Washington St. 67, Indiana 63, Boston College 55, UNLV 53, Pittsburgh 37, Nebraska 25, Iowa 24, James Madison 11, South Carolina 7, Liberty 4, Arkansas 3, UCF 3, Arizona 2, SMU 2, Navy 1.
Nerve-wracking?

Listen here Summers Eve, If your nerves were wracked, you need to pull your balls out of your watch pocket.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we are 7 and bama is 4. We boat raced usf in their building and bama struggled w them at home until half way through the 4th. We also boat raced Florida, SEC in their building week one.

This is why the polls are stupid to even have until mid October. It’s all what the media wants you to believe.

But that’s fine. I’m not saying we are better than Bama but if you are judging on the field results through 4 games…….

what do you all think of the matchups? I would prefer winner of Ole Miss-Oregon or PSU-Vols, but knocking off Bama would be a changing of the guard in the top of cfb which has been UGA, Ohio State , Bama, and recently Texas. UM could take Bamas slot. Cristobal has done a remarkable job with the roster but the fans should get some credit as well as none of this is possible without the NIL we’ve contributed.

Last edited:
So we are 7 and bama is 4. We boat raced usf in their building and bama struggled w them at home until half way through the 4th. We also boat raced Florida, SEC in their building week one.

This is why the polls are stupid to even have until mid October. It’s all what the media wants you to believe.

But that’s fine. I’m not saying we are better than Bama but if you are judging on the field results through 4 games…….

In fairness, the composite computer ratings have Alabama at #2 and us at #15. So if anything, the media is propping us up better than computers which aren't trying to sell a narrative.

Advertisement
Nerve-wracking?

Listen here Summers Eve, If your nerves were wracked, you need to pull your balls out of your watch pocket.
Well you could include me in your post. I was extremely concerned with our play in the 1st half. I told my wife I hoped we would come out the 2nd like Bama did and the Canes did not disappoint.

Advertisement
Back