Miami has an argument for a #1 seed

Advertisement
Keep telling yourself that.

If it was UNC or Duke they would have been 1 seeds.
This is true, but I also think we have a tendency to blow games that we should clearly win. Additionally we sometimes get blown out by "elite" teams, especially on the road (Heels this year). Not saying this is exclusively a U problem, we just...at this point don't get the benefit of the doubt. It takes longer to fall from elite status then to climb to elite status. How we finish this regular season (win out). And perform in the post season (we're good on neutral ground)...may very well posit the U to gain elite status now or soon.

This is why people dont take our fans seriously.

CaneScott, you are 100 percent wrong on this issue... why do you feel the need to argue about this? You're wrong.

At this point you have to just be trolling. No question we would have been a #1 seed if our name was Duke or UNC. Just look at this year as proof. Teams without a resume as good as ours are automatic #1 or #2 seeds and we have to tie for first in the ACC just to be considered a #2 seed.

This is true, but I also think we have a tendency to blow games that we should clearly win. Additionally we sometimes get blown out by "elite" teams, especially on the road (Heels this year). Not saying this is exclusively a U problem, we just...at this point don't get the benefit of the doubt. It takes longer to fall from elite status then to climb to elite status. How we finish this regular season (win out). And perform in the post season (we're good on neutral ground)...may very well posit the U to gain elite status now or soon.

4-2 vs rpi top 25 with 1 blow out.

the mighty kansas lost to okstate by 20.

Advertisement

CaneScott, you are 100 percent wrong on this issue... why do you feel the need to argue about this? You're wrong.

At this point you have to just be trolling. No question we would have been a #1 seed if our name was Duke or UNC. Just look at this year as proof. Teams without a resume as good as ours are automatic #1 or #2 seeds and we have to tie for first in the ACC just to be considered a #2 seed.

Did you mean to quote me? Who is trolling? I don't follow.

Even with the loss to GT in 2013, we should have gotten a #1 seed. I think we were the only ACC team to ever sweep the conference and regular season titles and not get a #1 out of it. Was a **** shame.

This year, a 2 seed is justifiable...if we sweep both titles again though, we definitely should be in the running for a #1 , especially given how "loaded" our conference is this year.

4-2 vs rpi top 25 with 1 blow out.

the mighty kansas lost to okstate by 20.
And as noted will retain their elite status.

lol typical cry baby garbage. "If we were Duke we would have had the number 1" Get over it. If we dont lose to Gtech we would have the number 1 seed and thats actually something we can control. We lost the number 1 seed our selves that year and its blatantly obvious to anyone who pays attention to NCAA basketball as a whole.

Advertisement

lol typical cry baby garbage. "If we were Duke we would have had the number 1" Get over it. If we dont lose to Gtech we would have the number 1 seed and thats actually something we can control. We lost the number 1 seed our selves that year and its blatantly obvious to anyone who pays attention to NCAA basketball as a whole.

We lost to GTech? That's news to me.

Is there a reason CaneScott hasn't been banned yet? He's obviously a troll who hates Miami, and it's really weird that he even posts on here.

He knows nothing about Miami sports, but just loves hating

We lost to GTech? That's news to me.

Is there a reason CaneScott hasn't been banned yet? He's obviously a troll who hates Miami, and it's really weird that he even posts on here.

He knows nothing about Miami sports, but just loves hating
We are discussing the 2013 season where we most certainly lost to Georgia Tech right at the end of the season. Maybe this will help your memory Georgia Tech vs. Miami (FL) - Box Score - March 6, 2013 - ESPN . At least I actually remember my Miami History unlike the fools on this board. I even had one of you tards try to tell me duke got a #1 seed in 2013 over us.

Advertisement
Things are getting interesting here ladies... need to have a strong performance in ACCT.

Advertisement
Things are getting interesting here ladies... need to have a strong performance in ACCT.

If we win out especially with a win against UVA or UNC and we are a lock for a 1 seed. Team looks to be finishing strong this year.

Drink bleach

Aww

Want to at least admit you were 100% wrong about this team.

How dumb you must feel
At what point have I been wrong about this team? I have only ever fully agreed with where this team has been ranked based on our resume at the time. Fortunately for us our resume has started to look a whole lot better recently and over all the team has been playing a lot better recently which I mostly relate to Angel coming out of his slump.

Jerry Palm said today that we had a shot if we won out to be a #1 seed but in over 25 years of doing this that he has never seen a team seeded #1 with more than 1 loss to teams with a RPI over 100 and we have 3.

Advertisement
Back