Miami has an argument for a #1 seed

Advertisement
Advertisement
kansas, unc, xavier, villanova, msu, uva have worse records.

texas a&m is the only team undefeated against rpi top 25 (4-0).

The current #1 seeds a pretty clearly Kansas, Nova, UVA, and MSU. We are a very clear 2 seed at this point with the potential to play our way in to a 1 seed.

Advertisement
The current [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seeds a pretty clearly Kansas, Nova, UVA, and MSU. We are a very clear 2 seed at this point with the potential to play our way in to a 1 seed.

Nova 1 top 25 win...vs Xavier.....but just got blown out at Xavier.....which then lost handely to Seton Hall. They will use same arguement for Xavier case to be top seed. Beat Nova. Every year it seems there 1 conference that get overrated reputation by mearly beating each other. I guess its Big East this year. Was A-10 last year. Not saying Nova/Xavier arent really good but they would be middle of pack in ACC. Not deserving of a #1 seed. In Nova's case they do this every year and lose early in tourney. UVA very similar resume as us. Mia/NC/Virg just all beat each other.

The current [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] [/URL] seeds a pretty clearly Kansas, Nova, UVA, and MSU. We are a very clear 2 seed at this point with the potential to play our way in to a 1 seed.

Nova 1 top 25 win...vs Xavier.....but just got blown out at Xavier.....which then lost handely to Seton Hall. They will use same arguement for Xavier case to be top seed. Beat Nova. Every year it seems there 1 conference that get overrated reputation by mearly beating each other. I guess its Big East this year. Was A-10 last year. Not saying Nova/Xavier arent really good but they would be middle of pack in ACC. Not deserving of a [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seed. In Nova's case they do this every year and lose early in tourney. UVA very similar resume as us. Mia/NC/Virg just all beat each other.

Good points. My assumption is that Xavier and Villanova would be among the top 5 or 6 in the ACC (or the Big 12), but the problem is that you have no way of knowing. I highly doubt that either of these teams would be able to ring up the same 14-2 or 13-4 conference records in tougher conferences, as they have in the Big East. The pollsters merely look at a team like Xavier, note their 2-0 record for a particular week and continue to move them up the rankings -- with little regard for how to evaluate wins against DePaul and Marquette, versus FSU and Notre Dame, for example.

So, at the end of the season you end up with teams like Villanova and Xavier receiving two #1 seeds (or a #1 and a #2 ). I'm sorry, but you're going to have to convince me that the top 2 Big East teams merit seedings better than the top 2 ACC, Big 10 or Big 12 teams, when the latter have superior resumes except for losses that are the direct result of playing in a more difficult conference.

People saying no question if we win out we are a 1 seed, anyone remember the last time we won the ACC what happened? Just saying.

Advertisement
As usual, the pro-Catholic schools who only play hoop, Dave Gavitt was deity-biased Northeastern press (they can't read a map in Xavier's case) call the shots and the Coaches follow...MSU is their concession to Delaney...

People saying no question if we win out we are a 1 seed, anyone remember the last time we won the ACC what happened? Just saying.

Yeah and we lost that game to Gtech right towards the end of the season. Completely different situation than if we win out to finish the season.

The current [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seeds a pretty clearly Kansas, Nova, UVA, and MSU. We are a very clear 2 seed at this point with the potential to play our way in to a 1 seed.

Nova 1 top 25 win...vs Xavier.....but just got blown out at Xavier.....which then lost handely to Seton Hall. They will use same arguement for Xavier case to be top seed. Beat Nova. Every year it seems there 1 conference that get overrated reputation by mearly beating each other. I guess its Big East this year. Was A-10 last year. Not saying Nova/Xavier arent really good but they would be middle of pack in ACC. Not deserving of a #1 seed. In Nova's case they do this every year and lose early in tourney. UVA very similar resume as us. Mia/NC/Virg just all beat each other.

I didnt even read past "just got blown out at Xavier"... please explain to me how that game was a blowout.

Advertisement

Yeah and we lost that game to Gtech right towards the end of the season. Completely different situation than if we win out to finish the season.

First time in ACC history a team that won the regular and tournament championship was not a 1 seed.

Keep spinning.

First time in ACC history a team that won the regular and tournament championship was not a 1 seed.

Keep spinning.
Tell your self what ever you want if it helps you sleep at night but that loss is what dropped us so far in the polls at the end of that season and is clearly what kept us out of a 1 seed. Oh wait its just another one of these mythical times where Miami got screwed...

Keep spinning.

The ACC wasn't very strong that year even though that Miami team was special.

Keep telling yourself that.

If it was UNC or Duke they would have been 1 seeds.

Advertisement
Back