Miami, FAU agree to 3 year series

NorthFlaCane

Senior
Canes will play at FAU in 2015.

MIAMI, FAU AGREE TO THREE FOOTBALL GAMES INCLUDING ONE IN BOCA RATON
By Chuck King
Florida Atlantic will finally get its shot at the University of Miami on the football field.

FAU and Miami have agreed to a three-game deal that will include the Hurricanes making a trip to Boca Raton in 2015 for a game at FAU Stadium, a source has told OwlAccess.com.

The series will begin in 2013 with a game at Sun Life Stadium and conclude with a second Miami home game in 2016.

The deal could be announced as early as today.

Separated by a little more than 50 miles, FAU and Miami have never met on the football field despite the fact that FAU program founder Howard Schnellenberger led Miami to its first NCAA title. Schnellenberger retired as FAU's coach following the 2011 season but remains an ambassador for the university.

The schools have met regularly in other sports, most frequently on the baseball diamond. They've also faced each other on the basketball court in each of the past four seasons – though the last three times came in tournaments.

The Hurricanes will be the first school from a BCS conference scheduled to play the Owls in their new on-campus stadium, which opened in 2011.

Miami would become only the second ACC team the Owls have ever faced. FAU opened the 2006 season at Clemson.

The Hurricanes are accustomed to having in-state teams on their schedule. Miami played a series with Florida International which ended in 2007, the most infamous game contained a bench clearing brawl in 2006. The Hurricanes have also played at Central Florida and South Florida in recent years.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/o...otball-games-including-one-in-boca-raton.aspx

Advertisement
cupcake1.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mistake.

There is not ONE upside. A win here doesn't do diddly siht to improve your situation.

It's the Kansas State's, the Ohio State's, the Notre Dame's, UCLA's, Arkansas, Michigan's that you want to play out of conference.

You want to play with the big boys - then play with the big boys.

Advertisement
Mistake.

There is not ONE upside. A win here doesn't do diddly siht to improve your situation.

It's the Kansas State's, the Ohio State's, the Notre Dame's, UCLA's, Arkansas, Michigan's that you want to play out of conference.

You want to play with the big boys - then play with the big boys.

you must be new to UM Football and football in general, you need some cupcakes on the schedule and not 3 out of 4 "big boys" along with the crazy conference schedule.

New to UM football? I recall when Schnellenberger was hired, and swinging by to watch them practice. I further recall Schnellenberger taking the Canes all over everywhere, playing anyone, and early on we looked bad. But then some of those games we were supposed to lose - we won.

When the opportunity came to play for the NC in what ended up being Schnellenberger's last year - we'd already seen just about every type and speed of offense and defense in the nation. I haven't missed seeing a single game that was at least televised since 1974.

Now, why don't you educate me on the need for cupcakes.

You hopefully want to practice against, and play against the best of the best.

Or, have a big circle jerk. Eating cupcakes.

New to UM football? I recall when Schnellenberger was hired, and swinging by to watch them practice. I further recall Schnellenberger taking the Canes all over everywhere, playing anyone, and early on we looked bad. But then some of those games we were supposed to lose - we won.

When the opportunity came to play for the NC in what ended up being Schnellenberger's last year - we'd already seen just about every type and speed of offense and defense in the nation. I haven't missed seeing a single game that was at least televised since 1974.

Now, why don't you educate me on the need for cupcakes.

You hopefully want to practice against, and play against the best of the best.

Or, have a big circle jerk. Eating cupcakes.

If you recall even those NC teams played San Deigo State and other cupcakes

Advertisement
Back