MIAMI (-4.5) @FSU Tues 7PM ESPNU

They're like 147th in Ken Pom's rankings. They're bad. Miami isn't an elite team, I would say we're pretty good, and the opening line was -4.5.

I would bet that, prior to this season, FSU hasn't been a dog of 4.5 points or more in 5+ years. They stink. They've beaten one halfway decent team all season, and it was Pitt last weekend, which I did mention was their best win of the season. So maybe they're starting to get their **** together. Baba Miller is finally back playing for them after he got hosed for half the season by the NCAA, I'm sure he'll help. But this is the worst FSU team in a decade.
They are that low because they were awful in November and early December. They aren't that awful now, and are playing much better. If they were awful like Lville, they would be 14 point underdogs or something like that. They just lost by 9 to UVA. They won back to back ACC road games. This will be very tough to get a W.

If we can lose to GT on the road, we certainly can lose to FSU on the road. FSU beat GT by 11.

Advertisement
Anyone thinking this will be a cakewalk W is setting themselves up for disappointment. FSU is playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. They got a couple guys back from injuries and suspensions. This isn't a vintage FSU team, but this isn't non-competitive Louisville, either. FSU has had our number for YEARS, and we've lost 3 straight road games. I expect another close, down to the wire type of game.

Anyone thinking this will be a cakewalk W is setting themselves up for disappointment. FSU is playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. They got a couple guys back from injuries and suspensions. This isn't a vintage FSU team, but this isn't non-competitive Louisville, either. FSU has had our number for YEARS, and we've lost 3 straight road games. I expect another close, down to the wire type of game.
I said to @IndayArtHauz we could go 0-6 during this stretch and got negged by a slapdick. Well we lost to Duke already and are on the road for 3 more. Duke and Va Tech at home. None of these games are guaranteed wins where in years past we could probably count Clemson and Pitt as a W.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you think FSU is "really bad," you haven't been watching them this month. Very athletic group, two great players, and are, last I looked, only one game behind us in the ACC standings. (A FSU win tonite and we're tied in the league with them.)

Lots of injuries early on no doubt tanked their rankings. They're getting healthy now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back