MIAMI (-4.5) @FSU Tues 7PM ESPNU

jkdood

All ACC
Reluctantly, i will try and break the 0-6 streak "in person" Tuesday night in Tally... at least I have switched to the other side of the arena, as my last 6 tries went for nought (although 1 went O.T.)
1674514907880.png

We are 1-11 vs FSU last 12 games; I think this is first time we are favored since 2017. We need this win. Enjoy your posting!
1674515086272.png

Advertisement
Reluctantly, i will try and break the 0-6 streak "in person" Tuesday night in Tally... at least I have switched to the other side of the arena, as my last 6 tries went for nought (although 1 went O.T.)
View attachment 226181

We are 1-11 vs FSU last 12 games; I think this is first time we are favored since 2017. We need this win. Enjoy your posting!
View attachment 226183
If it goes to 0-7, we’re going to have to ban you from future in person attendance.

View attachment 226181

View attachment 226183
Must win game tonight against fsu. Wong needs to show up and be himself.

Advertisement
Road game against one of the most rapidly improving teams around. Tough challenge.

I keep seeing Poplar cited here as an excellent defender. Put him on the 6'5 Green tonight, keep him in check, and I might actually start believing that. 6'7 Matt Cleveland will need similar attention from Miller.

We’re getting acc teams that are desperate on the road. No bueno

I made the comment in the duke game thread saying the losses over last month are going to hurt us come March. Everyone took it as a slight. It was referencing all 3 Losses were winnable games down the wire and just stealing one of those would have been huge come march.

Need to find a way to win tonight and get out of this Road funk no matter how ugly it is. Just get it done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Road game against one of the most rapidly improving teams around. Tough challenge.

I keep seeing Poplar cited here as an excellent defender. Put him on the 6'5 Green tonight, keep him in check, and I might actually start believing that. 6'7 Matt Cleveland will need similar attention from Miller.
I'm much more looking for Poplar to have another decent offensive game. He hasn't scored more than 10 points since November. 6'5' guys need to be able to score points.

I'm much more looking for Poplar to have another decent offensive game. He hasn't scored more than 10 points since November. 6'5' guys need to be able to score points.
I'm not a big Poplar adherent but after Wong, MIller, Pack and Omier get their shots, there are not that many left over. Especially now that we're in the heart of the ACC schedule.

As you say, though, Poplar needs to give us more scoring. While on that topic, so does Joseph and/or Beverly who have either gone totally silent (Joseph) or been up and down (Beverly) this month. The bench has been non-productive lately.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Poplar adherent but after Wong, MIller and Omier get their shots, there are not that many left over. Especially now that we're in the heart of the ACC schedule.

As you say, though, Poplar needs to give us more scoring. While on that topic, so does Joseph and/or Beverly who have either gone totally silent (Joseph) or been up and down (Beverly) this month. The bench has been non-productive lately.
I really think he has potential to be a good player for us next year(Poplar). I want him to help more this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Beverly will be big for us as we get closer to the end of the season. He is a very solid experienced player who has been around a long time and has played some point.

Joseph was so inconsequential to me after last year that I am glad for any contributions from him. His defense has been a welcomed surprise.

I suppose that we are all disappointed by Anthony Walkers regression.

I really think he has potential to be a good player for us next year(Poplar). I want him to help more this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Beverly will be big for us as we get closer to the end of the season. He is a very solid experienced player who has been around a long time and has played some point.

Joseph was so inconsequential to me after last year that I am glad for any contributions from him. His defense has been a welcomed surprise.

I suppose that we are all disappointed by Anthony Walkers regression.
Good stuff.

Our big four is, of course, Wong, Miller, Pack and Omier. And rightly so.

What that means if you're Poplar, Walker, Joseph, Beverly or Casey is that you're naturally gonna play more tentatively. You know every missed shot, mental error, or poor game is gonna have a direct impact on your PT.

Challenge is to play "relaxed" under those circumstances. I thought earlier that Joseph looked like he'd turned that corner. Stifling Defense plus he made 14-28 threes (a terrific 50%) in the OOC games. Beverly has flashed. Poplar seems to hit a three (or two) early on in games, then vanish.

Advertisement
Tough to win on the road in the league, period. But FSU is really bad. They did have their best win of the season over the weekend (at Pitt), but their other wins are all against teams ranked 150+ in the Ken Pom ratings, and FSU is 144th themselves. Road games are tough but Miami is certainly the much better team for the first time in a long time. No excuse to lose tonight.

Advertisement
Tough to win on the road in the league, period. But FSU is really bad. They did have their best win of the season over the weekend (at Pitt), but their other wins are all against teams ranked 150+ in the Ken Pom ratings, and FSU is 144th themselves. Road games are tough but Miami is certainly the much better team for the first time in a long time. No excuse to lose tonight.
If you think FSU is "really bad," you haven't been watching them this month. Very athletic group, two great players, and are, last I looked, only one game behind us in the ACC standings. (A FSU win tonite and we're tied in the league with them.)

Last edited:
If you think FSU is "really bad," you haven't been watching them this month. Very athletic group, two great players, and are, last I looked, only one hame behind us in the ACC standings. (A win tonite and we're tied in the league with them.

They're like 147th in Ken Pom's rankings. They're bad. Miami isn't an elite team, I would say we're pretty good, and the opening line was -4.5.

I would bet that, prior to this season, FSU hasn't been a dog of 4.5 points or more in 5+ years. They stink. They've beaten one halfway decent team all season, and it was Pitt last weekend, which I did mention was their best win of the season. So maybe they're starting to get their **** together. Baba Miller is finally back playing for them after he got hosed for half the season by the NCAA, I'm sure he'll help. But this is the worst FSU team in a decade.

View attachment 226181

View attachment 226183
Bring it home brother..

Advertisement
Back