Mediavilla starting tomorrow.

Hopefully BC ace Dunn will be a little distracted after being picked @ 19 by the Mets.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree, but I never understood why MLB has their draft right in the middle of College baseball's post season.

Advertisement
Someone needs to come in here and tell us how this is wrong and their JV middle school coach always did it.

Match him with Dunn.
We'll win this game similar to the Friday, Saturday games last week.
See you in Omaha.

Advertisement
I have the hockey-gnome back on ignore, but I did want to say that he showed ZERO ability to grasp why we lose out on 5 scholarships per annum (4.87 to be exact).

When I went through the calculations, he obviously disappeared............

Hopefully BC ace Dunn will be a little distracted after being picked @ 19 by the Mets.

I agree, but I never understood why MLB has their draft right in the middle of College baseball's post season.

The draft has always been in June. Professional teams have their short season leagues to get started. They can't wait around for the NCAA and a few teams that are left playing.

The NCAA is the one that keeps moving the mark. The final game of the 1985 CWS was on June 11th. Now we don't even have the CWS field set on June 11th. MLB can't change their whole model to accommodate that.

lol you're the one that brought it up...don't be jealous that I've played with future big leaguers and I had opportunities to go college for free because of baseball before I tore my knee up lol. Do you actually think I only know the players at FAU?? I know half the team lol...Devin Meyer and I have known each other since we were little, we went to the same church.

So you're one of a million guys who "could have made it". Congrats. Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. Doesn't mean I can brag about starting my own coffee company.

Back to the topic: everyone's ace is going in game one.

Advertisement
Now it's time to confirm or deny whether we have a bunch of women posting on the board. Do you bet your heart and take the U -320 tonite or do you bet +260 on the 19th pick who is a pitcher against a team that needs to pick up the bats a bit?

The Vegas college baseball lines are a perfect example of what that Awgi Dooger guy always says. Vegas relies on power rankings, period. They don't have a guy sitting there analyzing every college baseball game. The computer says that Miami is a lot better, so that's how they post the odds. From a value standpoint, BC is a humongous value in game one. I will be surprised if it doesn't get bet down as knowledgable people jump all over that kind of money.

Now it's time to confirm or deny whether we have a bunch of women posting on the board. Do you bet your heart and take the U -320 tonite or do you bet +260 on the 19th pick who is a pitcher against a team that needs to pick up the bats a bit?
The homer pick is betting your heart and taking the Canes -320.

The rational pick is declaring this a pick-em because Dunn is one helluva equalizer as a starter, and BC has been hot enough offensively and competent enough defensively to make it here. Plus, as you said, we need to pick the bats up a little bit. Dunn isn't normally the cure to what ails a struggling offense. BC's other 2 starters aren't bad, either.

I do think that winning or losing tonight only makes a difference between Canes in 2 or Canes in 3 being the end result, though. We're simply much better than they are. We should beat them 2 of 2, or at worst, 2 of 3. The two things that could snuff us out are 1) a bad outing this weekend from one (or more) of our starters where we're forced to go to the bullpen too early, and 2) an epic offensive slump.

lol you're the one that brought it up...don't be jealous that I've played with future big leaguers and I had opportunities to go college for free because of baseball before I tore my knee up lol. Do you actually think I only know the players at FAU?? I know half the team lol...Devin Meyer and I have known each other since we were little, we went to the same church.

So you're one of a million guys who "could have made it". Congrats. Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. Doesn't mean I can brag about starting my own coffee company.

Cool, back when my grandparents lived in Cuba they cut sugarcane when they were young....but they started their own company 8 years later, my grandpa on my dad's side started as bus boy but had his first restaurant in Cuba 12 years. When they came to America my mothers parents got into wanted to go into farming and bought land for their farm 5 years later in South Georgia and my dad's parents also opened up restaurants in Tampa when they came. Guess that defines how Cubans are different than Guatemalans, so maybe you should get over it lol. I'm 20 already working on my 2nd degree with a career already I've been over it, if you don't like my answer then too bad. It's not my fault you haven't done anything with your life because that's the only reason in my mind why you like to s**t on me is because you haven't done anything close to what I've done and never will.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah but I still have time to land a real job. Never say never.

Any thoughts on all of the aces who are starting game one?

Cool, back when my grandparents lived in Cuba they cut sugarcane when they were young....but they started their own company 8 years later, my grandpa on my dad's side started as bus boy but had his first restaurant in Cuba 12 years. When they came to America my mothers parents got into wanted to go into farming and bought land for their farm 5 years later in South Georgia and my dad's parents also opened up restaurants in Tampa when they came. Guess that defines how Cubans are different than Guatemalans, so maybe you should get over it lol. I'm 20 already working on my 2nd degree with a career already I've been over it, if you don't like my answer then too bad. It's not my fault you haven't done anything with your life because that's the only reason in my mind why you like to s**t on me is because you haven't done anything close to what I've done and never will.

American dream personified, nice going.

Advertisement

The draft has always been in June. Professional teams have their short season leagues to get started. They can't wait around for the NCAA and a few teams that are left playing.

The NCAA is the one that keeps moving the mark. The final game of the 1985 CWS was on June 11th. Now we don't even have the CWS field set on June 11th. MLB can't change their whole model to accommodate that.

Got it. Makes sense.
It's unique to the other sports where these kids will be playing professionally somewhere next month.

Last edited:

It's not a night to bet on the Canes.
Since I will never bet against them, it's literally,"all bets off".
We should be used to the type of game we're going to see tonight.
Scratch out 1 or 2 off Dunn and score a couple late. 4-2 Canes.

That's what I said, keep it 1-1 and then win it against their bullpen. This can be done but it's far from a -320 game.

Advertisement
Back