Mario Cristobal: I told the team at halftime to stop the BS

View as article
Advertisement
This team has really taken on Mario's personality and I mean that in the most complementary way possible. They are unified, hard working, goal oriented and absolutely relentless! They are all substance and little talk. This squad is the polar opposite of the average Manny Diaz coached team who were style over substance, shunned and mocked teammates who worked hard, were unprepared and folded at the first sign of adversity.

Mario deserves major respect for what he has accomplished for my/our beloved program. Whatever we thought about him before is completely irrelevant. He has built this team from scratch, by purging the cancer and dead weight and by instilling a work ethic and a mentality based on substance and action not cheap talk. What Mario has accomplished here thus far is both impressive and exciting and he isn't close to being done. Put some respect on this man's name!
200.gif

Wonder what he thought about Mooyoung grabbing that necklace from the crowd after his int and pretending it was a turnover chain. I bet he chewed them out for that lol.
Give me this all day over what we were doing on the field. I.E. not lining up appropriately or late because you want to celebrate the QB over throwing his receiver by 15 yards.

Advertisement
@Shooter McGavin said we will be better because of the adversity and I agree

They lured us into playing their game at the beginning. The dumb penalties, the celebrating etc

It worked for a little bit but we got right and it won’t be as easy for a team to do that in the future

Give me this all day over what we were doing on the field. I.E. not lining up appropriately or late because you want to celebrate the QB over throwing his receiver by 15 yards.
Oh yea or celebrating a big hit after giving up a 25 yard run while being down 20 points in the 4th quarter.

They lured us into playing their game at the beginning. The dumb penalties, the celebrating etc

It worked for a little bit but we got right and it won’t be as easy for a team to do that in the future
Absolutely you want a little adversity going into conference play. The only adversity we got against Florida was after Cam threw that first pick and after the long td run. We answered the bell both times.

Bingo, they tried to be the old us and we started to fall for it. The BS when we came out onto the field, I knew was setting a precedent for the type of game they wanted to play.

Advertisement
Thanks for the writeup @DMoney

You could definitely tell Mario, Guidry, and crew tore into them at the half. Every coach does that, the best part? This team is receptive and responds well to it.

There was a play that encapsulated this. I believe it was in the beginning of the 3rd quarter Kiko made a big play and his teammates came over to start celebrating with him. He simply pointed to the line of scrimmage, everybody stopped and hurried back to the line of scrimmage. It showed that this team cares and can adapt.
a play or 2 after USF got that 3rd and 18 with RB screen, meesh was celebrating a TFL. Mario was on tv and you can see him saying stop that BS.

Advertisement
Back