Manny on Joe Rose 10/07/19

Manny just said he’s getting a lot more involved in the defense going forward. He wouldn’t specifically say how it’ll change. But sounded ****ed to see his baby look so bad

Confirmed Jarren is the guy on Friday

Said Camden Price is not available for one more game, but has no answer to Bubba Baxa

On the extra Bye week - reiterated the slow defensive start is really frustrating him

Mentioned playing time, especially on D, will be changing

#noise

Advertisement
Im ok with Jarren starting, but he gets one chance to show us hes not going to mess up and take shots. very Very short leash for him, Enos will not be scared to pull him now after Perrys performance

this. at the very worst, baker is another set of eyes from up top and helps game plan. manny doesnt need another DC to call plays now as he can do that. you retain him and fire him in the offseason when you can realistically replace him

If you know you are going to fire him, then do it immediately. Lame ducks are worse than no coaches.
Just bring in somebody worthwhile as a consultant and promote him next season if he works out..

All I'm gonna say is that at least Golden's ineptitude was somewhat hidden because I'd get excited about the guys he was recruiting...

Advertisement
Jarren gets one drive. If he looks like crap you put Perry in right away.

Sounds like Baker is gone at seasons end.

We can only hope. Maybe this is part of Manny's learning process that you need to hire big time guys if you want to become a big time program. And he needs to let that guy pick his own coaches. No more cheaping out on a DC from La. Tech. Go get somebody who is really qualified to run a defense at a big time program. It's pretty clear from the developments this morning that Manny knows things are going downhill very quickly and he at least recognizes it instead of putting his head in the sand like AG and MR did. He won't be fired after this season so he does get one do over in the offseason. Let's see what he does with it.

If you know you are going to fire him, then do it immediately. Lame ducks are worse than no coaches.
Just bring in somebody worthwhile as a consultant and promote him next season if he works out..

Kind of agree with this. What player is going to listen to Blake at this point? Les Miles just fired his OC which is a pretty savage move to be honest. Big time college football isn't easy. I'm glad Manny is at least trying to right the ship. Not very confident that it will happen but he's not wasting any time trying to do it. That's at least the start of a positive sign.

Advertisement
Kind of agree with this. What player is going to listen to Blake at this point? Les Miles just fired his OC which is a pretty savage move to be honest. Big time college football isn't easy. I'm glad Manny is at least trying to right the ship. Not very confident that it will happen but he's not wasting any time trying to do it. That's at least the start of a positive sign.
If he fired Blake and mad kosi starter it would be a positive

I an encouraged as much as I can be at this point that he isn't going to be stubborn and keep allowing Baker to destroy his defense. That is a positive sign that he isn't a complete idiot.

I am encouraged as well that he knows certain players need to see the bench. (Patchan, Knowles, hopefully Zion, Bethel, etc) How can you look at game film and not realize there are certain players who need to be out there more. (Miller, Silvera, Bolden, etc)

You are crazy if you think Jarren doesn't have the shortest leash ever come Friday. Diaz isn't going to let the game get out of hand again before yanking him and putting Nkosi in...Manny isn't dumb, he knows this game will decide the season. If we lose, its over completely and when I save over I mean: 30k or less fans at the last remaining games, Seniors checking out and just playing for their NFL status, recruits jumping ship, alumni complaining on local radio, boosters up his a$$, players divided in the locker room...just one big mess.

If he fired Blake and mad kosi starter it would be a positive

Nkosi will be the starter unofficially. Ill give Jarren two possessions tops before he yanks him if he doesn't look good.

Baker is no longer the DC which means technically he is fired. Manny just wants to preserve his dignity on this one and wait until after the season. He cant come out and say that he will be calling the plays from now on because then that leads to the question of is Baker fired which he doesn't want to answer right now publicly I'm sure.

I get Why Manny made the hire that he did at DC. System familiarity & personal connection.

It’s super encouraging that he’s making adjustments to things that don’t fit his vision, and hope it’s a sign of the bigger picture.

Probably won’t fire the guy mid-season because he just had a kid, but definitely feel like it’s coming.

Advertisement
Nkosi will be the starter unofficially. Ill give Jarren two possessions tops before he yanks him if he doesn't look good.

Baker is no longer the DC which means technically he is fired. Manny just wants to preserve his dignity on this one and wait until after the season. He cant come out and say that he will be calling the plays from now on because then that leads to the question of is Baker fired which he doesn't want to answer right now publicly I'm sure.
He needs to do something to help recruiting

I an encouraged as much as I can be at this point that he isn't going to be stubborn and keep allowing Baker to destroy his defense. That is a positive sign that he isn't a complete idiot.

I am encouraged as well that he knows certain players need to see the bench. (Patchan, Knowles, hopefully Zion, Bethel, etc) How can you look at game film and not realize there are certain players who need to be out there more. (Miller, Silvera, Bolden, etc)

You are crazy if you think Jarren doesn't have the shortest leash ever come Friday. Diaz isn't going to let the game get out of hand again before yanking him and putting Nkosi in...Manny isn't dumb, he knows this game will decide the season. If we lose, its over completely and when I save over I mean: 30k or less fans at the last remaining games, Seniors checking out and just playing for their NFL status, recruits jumping ship, alumni complaining on local radio, boosters up his a$$, players divided in the locker room...just one big mess.

Hope your right but if Patke Rumph and Banda are retained as seasons end.....CORCH no way around it

Manny should see if butch would take DC/recruiting coordinator/associate HC

Advertisement
I dont know about Jarren starting. He wasn't replaced because of injury, he got pulled because he sucked. It was a different offense with N'Kosi. Where were all the open receivers the 1st 4 games with Jarren? I guess you go back to who they picked and hope for Jarren to turns it around. They have to beat Virginia or this season is going to make any chance of getting a surprise recruit almost impossible.

Hope your right but if Patke Rumph and Banda are retained as seasons end.....CORCH no way around it

This might be addition by subtraction. That said, the assistants only do what the DCs scheme dictates. Its no coincidence that when Diaz was the DC our pass defense was #1 in the nation and our overall D was top 15-20 in all categories. Now under Baker we suck. I am not sure about Rumph being fired yet. Banda either. Patke has to go. I don't even know what he does anymore.

But if a new DC comes in, he will want to bring in his own guys so all 3 might be gone anyway. Lets just hope Diaz vets these position coaches this time because he let Enos do whatever the **** he wanted and all his guys are bums and some of the worst position coaches we have ever had. He needs to learn his lesson this time.

Advertisement
Back