Manny Diaz next Canes coach

Let's see...

--Zero Head Coaching experience

--None of his UM linebackers (that he coached) have been anywhere close to elite

--Hasn't exactly killed it in recruiting as DC

Does he check all the boxes?

What am I missing?

Advertisement
Typical. This place never fails to disappoint. Cheap *** school.
They've just paid Temple $4m for a HC who hasn't even walked through the doors yet.

Why were they begging for donations for the IPF again, clearly we're ******* swimming in money.

Attempting to leave the depths of mediocrity we hire Temples Head Coach again...smh

With ZERO head coaching experience

This is the same emotional type hire that got us Richt.

How much head coaching experience did Lincoln Riley have before he took over Oklahoma? How he looking?

Advertisement
Keeping the turnover chain is not worth hiring Diaz as the HC. My uncle Kendrick could have made an African link chain for 50 dollars and a six pack of Heineken!

F this I’m talking myself into this hire. Defense is going to stay the same. It was Manny’s idea for turnover chain that was exciting and brought some swag back to the U. He’s young fiery hopefully makes the right calls on offense. I’m trying guys......

Advertisement
Going to ride with Diaz regardless but as I’ve said in the previous days, this defense doesn’t tend to show up in big games. Prove me wrong next year, sick of that sh*t. Now go hire me an excellent oc and get searels and richt jr out of here.

Get James Coley and seider on the staff
Fair.

I said if we went through the process and ended up with Manny I would be ok with that. The process doesn’t exist I guess.

We won’t have to worry about a coach sleepwalking anymore I guess.

Manny's Wikipedia page. When you see it...

IMG3846654336876435514.jpg

Advertisement
This certainly happened more quickly than I expected. Manny's defense performed, doing everything it could as the offense stunk up the stadium. His request for the Chain says something about his Miami culture. He's not afraid to appear bad ***.

Let's hope he cleans house on the offensive side of the ball. Bring in an offensive staff that has the same Miami attitude.

By the way, did Stephenson commit?

They've just paid Temple $4m for a HC who hasn't even walked through the doors yet.

Please tell me he had a clause in his Temple contract that gets him out of jail free if his "dream job" at UM comes calling.

Otherwise, this is totally insanity.

Advertisement
Not the home run hire we wanted, but I'm optimistic Diaz can do great things at this program if he can make the right OC hire. He is a young guy, so hopefully he takes the approach of hiring another young innovative guy on the other side of the ball, ideally one that runs the spread. UM is always going to go with the fiscally cheap option, it's just what we have to accept, we're a private school and we aren't going to break the bank.

He really needs to hire an entire new staff outside of Dugans Banda Rumph and Simpson . And even those guys can go tbh

You know what I’m going to give Manny benefit of the doubt because he’s at least an Anti Richt, I sincerely hope he succeeds here, but in the case that he doesn’t, Miami will regret not considering Cristobal, Babers, Leach.... I promise you that

Advertisement
Back