Malcolm Lewis vs Odell Beckham Jr

He was handed the job? How? He beat out a Purdue 2nd stringer, A qb who thought he was good and transferred to Rice only to become a converted wideout/TE and qb converted safety. You can't diminish his stats. It only makes you look bad to try to do so especially if you claim he was handed the job and none of his former competitors accomplished anything. And why shouldnt we have a 4 year starter? When did we ever have a qb who left early besides Kosar? Just about every starting qb in our records books played at least 3 years. He didn't really start for 4years anyway, recieved some snaps as a freshman and eventually won the job... Come on man, just stop the hate... And if Hank would have caught half of his dropped passes he would have had about 1400 yards...

This is either a horrible post, or I misunderstand it horribly. But I think it's horrible.

Items in bold do not help your case at all. This is exactly why he was handed the job. Because he was the only QB on the roster worth a ****. Marve??? You're really claiming that beating out Marve means that Jacory would have put up similar stats were he forced to compete against good QBs all four years? That's ridiculous.

Item in bold and italics is flat wrong. Again, he was handed the job because none of his competitors were capabale of posing a serious challenge. Not only at Miami. But also at schools with much, much lower levels of talent and expectation. When you're the only decent option, you're handed the position. It's the defintion of the phrase. By your logic, had Jacory attended Oregon, Marve would have "won" the job instead. Maybe this is sematics argument, and you think "handed the job" means only when one of two players of equal talent is chosen for a spot. But that's not what almost everyone else thinks when they hear the term. They think "kid didn't have to work hard to start."

I appreciate that the kid played tough at times. I appreciate that he hung in there for four years when he was easily the most scrutinized player on the team. I appreciate that he had the guts to buy in to the new coaching staff last year, work hard, and make significant improvements. I'll always like the kid for those reasons.

But to act like the kid is one of the greatest QBs in Miami history, simply becuase he has some of the gaudiest stats, is laughable. Who has the most INTs?

He wasnt handed anything... Its not his fault that his competitors wasnt good. He had other qbs and he beat them all... No one is saying he is the greatest qb ever but you cant devalue his stats... Yea he has pics but you have to respect his tds, completion percentages, and yards... He wasnt awful like many of you make it. And he wasnt handed anything, he beat out his competition. Whether they were good or not he beat them. Its not a bad post its a realistic post. You can't say he was given anything because he had no competition... We havent had competition at the qb probably since Walsh or even Covenington. I mean who was Dorsey competition? A back up wideout and Crudup... But its okay to say he earned because we won a ship? No... You have to count it both ways. Harris erned his position just like all the other starting qbs, despite the competition...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back