Malcolm Lewis vs Odell Beckham Jr

tsimonitis

Senior
Premium
Can any of Lewis have the same type of year as Odell Beckham had last season at LSU?

41 REC 475 YDS 2 TDs

Advertisement
That would put him in the territory of Reggie Wayne's frosh year. That's a lot of action, and I'm at the forefront of this bandwagon.

I see something more like 25-30 catches, 375 yards, and a couple TDs.

I definitely think he can.

We have a nice group of receivers but no one stands out, not yet anyway. Playing time is up for grabs.

That would put him in the territory of Reggie Wayne's frosh year. That's a lot of action, and I'm at the forefront of this bandwagon.

I see something more like 25-30 catches, 375 yards, and a couple TDs.

I think these numbers are certainly realistic for him, he seems to be physically and mentally ready to contribute.

Right now he's behind Hurns, Dorsett, Scott, and Thompkins. I think he'll play but I don't know about approaching anything close to Beckham.

Advertisement
Hankerson was pretty **** good his last year here. Even the year before that. I'll be ecstatic if one of them can play as good as he did. I think Hank is going to break out in the NFL this year too. Sleeper fantasy pick for ya.

I like this WR group, they are very solid. However, I dont see a guy in the group who has ELITE explosiveness or athleticism. I see a bunch of Darnell Jenkins'/Ethnic Sands and maybe a Hankerson. I hope that AJL and MAYBE Coley can be the elite #1 that I think this group lacks.

I think Dorsett might be able to be that guy

Odell Beckham Jr. is underrated.

He would have had better stats last season as a true freshman if LSU had a passing-oriented QB.

Fortunately for him, Zach Mettenberger seems like the QB that LSU desperately needed.

Hankerson was pretty **** good his last year here. Even the year before that. I'll be ecstatic if one of them can play as good as he did. I think Hank is going to break out in the NFL this year too. Sleeper fantasy pick for ya.

Hank's senior year was one of the best seasons for a wide receiver EVER at Miami. When you consider who was throwing him the ball it's even more impressive. Anyone who thinks Lewis is going to play like Hank this year is going to end up very disappointed.

Advertisement

Hank's senior year was one of the best seasons for a wide receiver EVER at Miami. When you consider who was throwing him the ball it's even more impressive. Anyone who thinks Lewis is going to play like Hank this year is going to end up very disappointed.

Ummmm....the second leading passer in UM history?

sighh..malcolm will be lucky to have 20 cathes this year...dam it mane... Odell beckham stated last year malcolm is not going to start

Only goes to show you how empty some stats can be. He piled up the numbers due to how many years he was allowed to play with no competition whatsoever. He was basically handed the job and the former regime did an atrocious job of challenging him to improve. We're the type of program that should almost never have a 4-year starter at QB.

He was handed the job? How? He beat out a Purdue 2nd stringer, A qb who thought he was good and transferred to Rice only to become a converted wideout/TE and qb converted safety. You can't diminish his stats. It only makes you look bad to try to do so especially if you claim he was handed the job and none of his former competitors accomplished anything. And why shouldnt we have a 4 year starter? When did we ever have a qb who left early besides Kosar? Just about every starting qb in our records books played at least 3 years. He didn't really start for 4years anyway, recieved some snaps as a freshman and eventually won the job... Come on man, just stop the hate... And if Hank would have caught half of his dropped passes he would have had about 1400 yards...

Advertisement
sighh..malcolm will be lucky to have 20 cathes this year...dam it mane... Odell beckham stated last year malcolm is not going to start

Yea I don't think their on the same level... I don't think their situations are the same... Beckham had no competition and considering who he had throwing to him he was a beast... We really shouldnt put too much expectations on these young guys... They are all promising... Give them time to developed as ball players...

Im looking for Malcolm to have as big a contribution as any Frosh WR in the program - say 300 yds split with RL/HW/DC getting another 300- but who will will shine in all-purpose yards (along with Duke) - again ML and crew - Coley and Kermit would add nice dimensions to the WR core and just maybe Coley finds a way even if he goes prep but we are set at WR

Advertisement

Only goes to show you how empty some stats can be. He piled up the numbers due to how many years he was allowed to play with no competition whatsoever. He was basically handed the job and the former regime did an atrocious job of challenging him to improve. We're the type of program that should almost never have a 4-year starter at QB.

He was handed the job? How? He beat out a Purdue 2nd stringer, A qb who thought he was good and transferred to Rice only to become a converted wideout/TE and qb converted safety. You can't diminish his stats. It only makes you look bad to try to do so especially if you claim he was handed the job and none of his former competitors accomplished anything. And why shouldnt we have a 4 year starter? When did we ever have a qb who left early besides Kosar? Just about every starting qb in our records books played at least 3 years. He didn't really start for 4years anyway, recieved some snaps as a freshman and eventually won the job... Come on man, just stop the hate... And if Hank would have caught half of his dropped passes he would have had about 1400 yards...

whooaa, Hank IS the reason for the Jacory's success. Sure Hank had a bad case of the drops early in his career, but for every drop he had early in his career there were 2-3 receptions that he made during his junior and senior seasons that no other Miami WR would have made. The guy had 70+ catches, nearly 1200 yards and 13 TDs his senior season. At times it seemed like Jacory would just throw the ball up in Hank's general area and the guy would find a way to make a catch. I could assure you that if you replaced Jacory with any other relatively competent QB, Hank's numbers would have been identical. On the flip side, you take Hank off that team and Jacory would have struggled. I will give Jacory credit for his senior season. He played within his abilities and had a solid season.

Hank is a great example of what coming back for your senior year can do to your draft stock. If he declares after his junior year after having a good year, he goes real late if at all. Coming back and having a break out year got him into the third round.

This is either a horrible post, or I misunderstand it horribly. But I think it's horrible.

Items in bold do not help your case at all. This is exactly why he was handed the job. Because he was the only QB on the roster worth a ****. Marve??? You're really claiming that beating out Marve means that Jacory would have put up similar stats were he forced to compete against good QBs all four years? That's ridiculous.

Item in bold and italics is flat wrong. Again, he was handed the job because none of his competitors were capabale of posing a serious challenge. Not only at Miami. But also at schools with much, much lower levels of talent and expectation. When you're the only decent option, you're handed the position. It's the defintion of the phrase. By your logic, had Jacory attended Oregon, Marve would have "won" the job instead. Maybe this is sematics argument, and you think "handed the job" means only when one of two players of equal talent is chosen for a spot. But that's not what almost everyone else thinks when they hear the term. They think "kid didn't have to work hard to start."

I appreciate that the kid played tough at times. I appreciate that he hung in there for four years when he was easily the most scrutinized player on the team. I appreciate that he had the guts to buy in to the new coaching staff last year, work hard, and make significant improvements. I'll always like the kid for those reasons.

But to act like the kid is one of the greatest QBs in Miami history, simply becuase he has some of the gaudiest stats, is laughable. Who has the most INTs?

Last edited:

whooaa, Hank IS the reason for the Jacory's success. Sure Hank had a bad case of the drops early in his career, but for every drop he had early in his career there were 2-3 receptions that he made during his junior and senior seasons that no other Miami WR would have made. The guy had 70+ catches, nearly 1200 yards and 13 TDs his senior season. At times it seemed like Jacory would just throw the ball up in Hank's general area and the guy would find a way to make a catch. I could assure you that if you replaced Jacory with any other relatively competent QB, Hank's numbers would have been identical. On the flip side, you take Hank off that team and Jacory would have struggled. I will give Jacory credit for his senior season. He played within his abilities and had a solid season.

I see it both ways... Hank made some plays but every game he dropped a sure fire catch... That was his problem when he went to the league... Every good catch would be followed by a bad drop. I like Hank and instead of sulking he worked his but off but he wasnt a natural with the hands... Drops will happen but he had an abnormal amount. and you can't say if you replace he'll do better, because he struggled with consistency once he went to the NFL with NFL qbs... Harris had his flaws but he wasnt Reggie Ball or anything... I mean UF fans probably would have killed to have Jacory "junior year" (his worse year) over Brantley... He wasnt nearly as bad as the fanbase made him... As far knowing his limitations the kid was slinging the ball deep this year and connected on it when we needed it... He wasnt just throwing 5 yard passes to play safe...

Advertisement
Back