Lykes in Doghouse?

Advertisement
idk but he needs to stop throwing himself around. **** looks dumb.

Hey if other teams gonna flop around to draw fouls we need to do the same thing.

He never gets the call lol I know what you’re saying tho.

He has gotten the call multiple times

3/100 sweet.

I just disagree that it's something he should stop. One possession can change a game in the ACC. If he keeps doing it he'll get better at selling it, and knowing when to do it and when not to.

Hey if other teams gonna flop around to draw fouls we need to do the same thing.

3/100 sweet.

I just disagree that it's something he should stop. One possession can change a game in the ACC. If he keeps doing it he'll get better at selling it, and knowing when to do it and when not to.

I like my point guards in control. Maybe I shouldn’t say “stop” doing it but I think he does it too much honestly. Alot of times it leads to TO’s or when he trys it on D an easy bucket. Just an observation I could be wrong.

3/100 sweet.

I like my point guards in control. Maybe I shouldn’t say “stop” doing it but I think he does it too much honestly. Alot of times it leads to TO’s or when he trys it on D an easy bucket. Just an observation I could be wrong.

True and maybe I haven't noticed it. Kind of used to it in this day and age with people flopping all the time.

Advertisement

3/100 sweet.

True and maybe I haven't noticed it. Kind of used to it in this day and age with people flopping all the time.

Personally I think he should keep doing it like JH said he will get better at selling it and when to do it. All the top guys flop just look at Lebron and Curry. My issue is that he takes to long to get up. He literally gets taken out of the play when its not called. If he doesn't get an immediate whistle he needs to pop up. The other thing with him is he doesn't fall gracefully. He literally slams into the ground and it noticeably shakes him up.

I still think Lykes gives us the best option at point guard with Brown at the 2 spot. Newton is best suited coming off the bench. In order to recruit point guards.....you have to play them not have a 2 guard playing point. Yes a freshman point will make mistakes...but he will probably make more plays. But if size is an issue....play a zone when he is in. Lykes didn't have a problem when we played FSU at home.....so what gives now?

Amp looked to be pouting Dionte Mullins style, but then played the rest of the game, so unless you're sitting next to the bench, it might not always be what it seems on TV.

Lykes was benched for two reasons: FSU would just give it to whoever he was covering and they would score easily and he was way to careless with the ball on offense. He creates a ton for us but there are times where he is just too careless with the ball and he becomes a liability. He then came down the court one time with a full shot clock and chuck up a three that was in Jack range. He needs to learn when to try and create and when to run the offense, which he will but it will take time. That is why I think it's better for BB to be point and have Lykes as the shooting guard.

As for him flooping, it works in home games and doesn't work in road games. He needs to understand that he's not getting that call on the road.

Advertisement
BB at point. Lykes as his backup

Lonnie at the 2.

Newton in a few minutes per game role. Vj plays based on matchups and his shooting.

When Lykes comes in move BB to the 2 and Lonnie to the 3.

Pretty simple at this point. But we won't do it

So if BB is at point and Lonnie at the 2 who is at the 3?

This is an entirely different team than last season. BB and Amp are now the only 2 starters from last season as IMO Newt is about useless. Doesn't make him a bad guy or it doesn't mean he hasn't had some good games for us but no way he is a starting PG in the ACC. This team only succeeds because of the rapid growth of Huell and lonnie. Without their growth we are ACC doormats. I say Lykes is our only hope to actually compete as teams get serious. No way we can compete for titles without a PG or a real center. We have to let him grow

So if BB is at point and Lonnie at the 2 who is at the 3?

This is an entirely different team than last season. BB and Amp are now the only 2 starters from last season as IMO Newt is about useless. Doesn't make him a bad guy or it doesn't mean he hasn't had some good games for us but no way he is a starting PG in the ACC. This team only succeeds because of the rapid growth of Huell and lonnie. Without their growth we are ACC doormats. I say Lykes is our only hope to actually compete as teams get serious. No way we can compete for titles without a PG or a real center. We have to let him grow

In this day and age, only the 1 and the 5 matter. The rest are interchangable. So if BB is at point, you can have Walker, then Lykes/Newton/DJ depending on the matchups, then Amp and Huell. Out of the Lykes/Newton/DJ spot, I would have Lykes playing the most. And I would run Lykes at point when BB is out. My point was when the game gets tight I don't want Lykes handling the ball. I'm fine with him being on the court but he makes a lot of mistakes. Against Louisville when they were trapping us late, he dribbled right into the corner past half court which is the ultimate no no and we got bailed out will a time out call. For a point guard he tries to score too much. Takes deep threes at start of shot clock and other times tries to drive through 4 people and finish over a 6'10 guy. Just too out of control when it's late in the game.

I love Lykes and he may challenge Jack as my favorite player when it's all said and done. But right now, I just don't trust him at the point late in games. I want him in as long as teams aren't killing him defensively and I'm fine with him trying to create because he is one of our best creators. Just think our offense would be more effective late with him as on option off the ball than bringing the ball up.

Only 1+5 matter. We don't have a 5 and we don't have a functioning 1 unless you mean BB. I like BB at the one BTW if Lykes is not in there. It's miracle this team beats anyone without a 5 and a team leader at the one. They are fun to watch so far but teams will be getting set and serious soon and we need to as well. Sorry but Newt just brings nearly nothing IMO and DJ is way too erratic and they go right at him defensively. FSU went RIGHT at him. Coach got lucky this season he had a very lousy personnel plan for 2018 if Izundu,DJ and Newt were supposed to be his starters

Advertisement
The way BB has been playing of late makes it hard to justify him even starting. I know Coach L would never take that action (nor would I in his place) but ... if you're basing it on production, he's killing us.

We are all in on BB for better or worse. I like him and I hope he finds his game

Advertisement
Back