Lovelady hired by UCF as head coach

Advertisement
I wonder what this means for him possibly taking over for Gino after a few years?

I think he's going to do very well at UCF.

Advertisement
So much for him leaving WSU to become an assistant :monkey-serious:

The UCF coach left to be an assistant coach.

Not what I was getting at. Someone was arguing on here that Lovelady should/would leave WSU to take an assistant's job at Miami. I said it would never happen, as he was in line for a bigger HC job. I was told being an assistant at Miami was a bigger job. He was wrong.

So much for him leaving WSU to become an assistant :monkey-serious:

The UCF coach left to be an assistant coach.

The UCF left to become an assistant coach because his program was in shambles. He came in there eight years ago talking about the CWS and left them with a program that can't make the tournament.

Of course, you don't understand this within the context of the previous discussion about assistant coaches.

He destroyed UCF. They were on the cusp of a super regional not long ago. Now they're the worst team in the AAC. Mark Kingston has turned USF around quickly and I expect Greg to do the same at UCF. The AAC is one of the better conferences in the nation, the best non p5 conference, and they needed this hire to keep up with USF, ECU, Tulane and Houston.

Not what I was getting at. Someone was arguing on here that Lovelady should/would leave WSU to take an assistant's job at Miami. I said it would never happen, as he was in line for a bigger HC job. I was told being an assistant at Miami was a bigger job. He was wrong.

This proves absolutely nothing since Greg was offered a decent job 2 years before Gino DiMare could offer him the lead assistant position.

If you think he would've stayed at Wright State after 2018 for less money than you're an idiot.

Advertisement
Mark Kingston has turned USF around quickly and I expect Greg to do the same at UCF.

USF went 24-33 this year and tied for last place in the AAC.

So much for turning them around.

I love bozos who don't follow college baseball giving us their 'expert' analysis.

Mark Kingston has turned USF around quickly and I expect Greg to do the same at UCF.

USF went 24-33 this year and tied for last place in the AAC.

So much for turning them around.

I love bozos who don't follow college baseball giving us their 'expert' analysis.

Kingston took USF to the regionals last year. USF hadn't been good since the 90s. This year their entire team was hurt or had graduated. Nice try though. You're trying to backtrack on Lovelady. It's cute. I said Lovelady was being offered better jobs NOW. NOW, you dumbass. You were proven wrong, now go away, troll.

Yeah, ripping Kingston in year two at a program with no history speaks volumes about this guy's agenda. The baseball world knows that Kingston is a good coach.

Kingston took USF to the regionals last year. USF hadn't been good since the 90s. This year their entire team was hurt or had graduated. Nice try though.

So in 2 years at USF he had a Regional appearance (2015) and a dead last finish in the AAC (2016).

But you claim that he has turned them around?

Maybe you need to look up the definition of 'turned them around' before you make such stupid comments.

Last two years under Lelo Prado: 63-53-0
First two years under Mark Kingston: 58-59-1

What a clown.

Get a clue.

Advertisement
You're trying to backtrack on Lovelady. It's cute. I said Lovelady was being offered better jobs NOW. NOW, you dumbass. You were proven wrong, now go away, troll.

No.

You said it was stupid to claim that Lovelady would take a job on DiMare's staff.

So now that he took a job two whole years before that you think it proves you point?

Nobody of average intelligence believes that.

You're the same guy who claimed that we had a championship caliber basketball team.

You are utterly delusional.

The baseball world knows that Kingston is a good coach.

Kingston has two regional appearances in 7 years as a head coach (both in his first years as coach) but he's a good coach.

Jagr thinks guys like Mark Kingston and Rob Cooper are good coaches...

And Jim Morris is suspect.

Advertisement
I never said anything about lovelady coming to Miami in 3 years, moron. First, I knew he wouldn't be at WSU in 3 years. He'd have a better job. There's a chance he won't be at ucf in 3 years, he'll be at a bigger program. Anyway, I'm done arguing with the mentally challenged.

I anticipate Lovelady being at UCF for a long time. He wont have nearly as much trouble recruiting as it is a state school and 4 years there costs what Miami costs for 1 year. I anticipate him having them in regionals on a yearly basis

I anticipate Lovelady being at UCF for a long time. He wont have nearly as much trouble recruiting as it is a state school and 4 years there costs what Miami costs for 1 year. I anticipate him having them in regionals on a yearly basis

He will put press on several of those mid level schools in state and should have his team in the playoffs annually

Advertisement
Back