LOOK: Armando Blount buys his mom a car

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not every dollar made must be spent in the best possible way. Some purchases have emotional or symbolic value and they deserve to be made.

But the majority of the income should be invested wisely because 15-20 years form now he can be very wealthy without worry with this money he is making. That has real value as well.

Both things can and are worthwhile. Maybe he is well invested for _00k but kept about 50k to blow on a few things like a car for his mom (and almost defintiely himself). All good both ways.

Advertisement
Who TF died & made yall financial advisers???

Where TF do yall get off telling somebody else how & what to spend their money on?

Go ahead & post your bank statements & your portfolio with all the brilliant multimillion dollar investments you've made, otherwise, quit being a jealous *** hypocrite & stop pocket watching College Football players because you're mad they make money.

Yall don't do that sh*t to any other profession & you have no reason to do it to College Football players.

That sh*t is weak & dishonest AF. Either admit why you're really bothered by it, or get the fck over it.

THE MONEY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS HERE TO STAY & THE PLAYERS DESERVE EVERY GOD **** PENNY THEY GET AND THEN SOME. And what they choose to do with it is THEIR BUSINESS.

Charles Barkley bought his momma an Oldsmobile with his first paycheck.

Shaq bought himself a Bentley, black on black, came over to show his stepfather, who said, "That's a great lookin' car son, wheres mine?" So they went back to the Bentley dealership to buy him one as well. :D

Buying your parents or yourself a car with your first big paycheck is a perfectly common thing these guys do.

Not everyone is like John Stockton and cruises around in a minivan, lol.

I think the majority of people financials concerns is about the many great athletes that end up broke. And these are young guys, where its far more prevalent to blow your money. I know; I was a young guy once. I don't wanna see our guys broke, injured and suffering. I want to see our guys save, enjoy their lives, then after football, have a comfortable life for them and their families.

There is nothing wrong with advising caution.

I find this entire thread sort of fascinating. Kid posts video of him buying mom a car and the comments go in a couple different directions -> yay or shameful judgment. As soon as the video started I thought “kid your heart is in the right place but tap the brakes a second before you put this out there because people are gonna judge.” Sure enough, the internet didn’t disappoint.

Someone mentioned not knowing other people’s positions and someone else mentioned not pocket watching. I totally agree. If Armando was my brother I would whisper to him that it’s usually best to leave personal things personal and not post it on social media. It’s a shame, but that’s sort of the world we live in. At the same time, I get that their generation lives through social media.

Advertisement
Well done, Armando. Make your mother happy.

Of course, these young men can do whatever they want with their money. Nice to see someone doing something for his mother. He obviously adores.

And on a side note, we don’t know how this new vehicle was financed. Did he say he purchased it out right? Maybe he’s leasing it and mama will get a new car every year? Maybe an NIL deal offered him a car for use and he said let my mother will use it?

Who TF died & made yall financial advisers???

Where TF do yall get off telling somebody else how & what to spend their money on?

Go ahead & post your bank statements & your portfolio with all the brilliant multimillion dollar investments you've made, otherwise, quit being a jealous *** hypocrite & stop pocket watching College Football players because you're mad they make money.

Yall don't do that sh*t to any other profession & you have no reason to do it to College Football players.

That sh*t is weak & dishonest AF. Either admit why you're really bothered by it, or get the fck over it.

THE MONEY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS HERE TO STAY & THE PLAYERS DESERVE EVERY GOD **** PENNY THEY GET AND THEN SOME. And what they choose to do with it is THEIR BUSINESS.
Facts

Advertisement
Back