Like clockwork, the miserable little *******...

Gary patterson is not leaving tcu. That is his program and dude can stay there until he retires. And Fuente isn't a legit candidate here. Y'all know whow the candidates are and are wasting your time talking about all these other guys

Why not? It would be stupid not to at least give him an interview.

You know who the candidates are. He might get a interview but he won't get the job. It's going to be butch, chud, schiano and pagano and strong depending on their interest. Those will be the likely top 5 candidates.

Advertisement
Lol....funny. Couple of weeks ago Fedora was a corch, now he's better than Butch??? Lol. Look, I agree, no need for anyone to root for any potential coach to lose, but I think postings are being taken out of context. Based upon several other threads, some are just saying that some of these "up and coming" coaches are not a sure thing either.

The problem w Fuentes is that his offense scores a ton of points, but his D gives up a ton of points and it finally caught up to him. The point was as Great as Patterson is, every year TCU loses one game against stiff competition down the stretch...no titles. Baylor is in the same boat.

Great post as usual, Relly.

Accurate and to the point.

Who is a sure thing? That's why you do a bunch of research, there's not an exact science.

I mean our fanbase would've lost it if we hired mcelwaine , "he'd only had one good year , he another Al".

No real track record .

My problem with Fuente is not that he lost as he has done a great job at Memphis, BUT he runs the same prevent, patty cake defense Golden does and that is why I don't think he's the best choice. I know he lost his dc and some players, but my problem is not the results, but instead just the scheme and style he plays. I hate passive defense with two gap fronts.

Advertisement
Who is a sure thing? That's why you do a bunch of research, there's not an exact science.

I mean our fanbase would've lost it if we hired mcelwaine , "he'd only had one good year , he another Al".

No real track record .

And yet UF almost lost to Vanderbilt. Let him win something for real before crowning him.

No real track record .

And yet UF almost lost to Vanderbilt. Let him win something for real before crowning him.

Typical answer i'd expect around here. 9-1 in his first year, without his starting qb. That's not impressive, gotta win national titles .

But we crown Butch with all his championship runs.

There is no perfect options. No one is guaranteed to be successful, this isn't 1988 and Jimmy Johnson just left and Dennis Erickson isn't going to waltz to a title. This job is different than most programs. We all know the perks of the job and the downfalls. We have learned that past successes does not make them a shoe in. Fedora was crap until this year. And Chizik will be gone soon. Also UNC was not hurting when Fedora took over. The team had numerous guys suspended and still fielded a competitive team Butchs last season there. Who knows what could've happened if he'd not been let go. The point is, none of know who will make this program great again. It's futile to make pointless arguments over it.

There is no perfect options. No one is guaranteed to be successful, this isn't 1988 and Jimmy Johnson just left and Dennis Erickson isn't going to waltz to a title. This job is different than most programs. We all know the perks of the job and the downfalls. We have learned that past successes does not make them a shoe in. Fedora was crap until this year. And Chizik will be gone soon. Also UNC was not hurting when Fedora took over. The team had numerous guys suspended and still fielded a competitive team Butchs last season there. Who knows what could've happened if he'd not been let go. The point is, none of know who will make this program great again. It's futile to make pointless arguments over it.

Butch couldn't go undefeated with the 2000 team, while playing in the Big East. Guaranteed wins weekly. And that's with the best roster in history. So I doubt he'd made a title run with unc.

Advertisement

Butch couldn't go undefeated with the 2000 team, while playing in the Big East. Guaranteed wins weekly. And that's with the best roster in history. So I doubt he'd made a title run with unc.
I don't think anyone can at UNC. It's also extremely hard to go undefeated in any season. Plus his loss came to a top 5 that season outside of the Big East.

I don't think anyone can at UNC. It's also extremely hard to go undefeated in any season. Plus his loss came to a top 5 that season outside of the Big East.

I know, just saying the BE was a joke. So his loaded roster , playing in that conference could protect his suspect gameday coaching .

That Washington team had no buisness beating us, that was an nfl roster . It was just a deeper, more talented 2001 team

No real track record .

Typical answer i'd expect around here. 9-1 in his first year, without his starting qb. That's not impressive, gotta win national titles .

9-1 in his first year is bad but most of these same mouth breathers crowned Golden immediately.

I know, just saying the BE was a joke. So his loaded roster could protect his suspect gameday coaching .

That Washington team had no buisness beating us, that was an nfl roster . It was just a deeper, more talented 2001 team
I'm not saying we should have. But it was Dorseys first road game and in a different time zone and in bad weather. I just think, he knows the territory of the job. More than anyone else available. I think he'd be the safest hire. If he had suspect coaching and was able to win the Sugar Bowl, I'd be ok giving him another shot.

Advertisement

No real track record .

9-1 in his first year is bad but most of these same mouth breathers crowned Golden immediately.

Bingo

Lol...Washington finished top 5, so did FSU, and VT was top 10 as well! Syracuse and WVU were good too. The Big East back then was better than the current ACC.

Lol...Washington finished top 5, so did FSU, and VT was top 10 as well! Syracuse and WVU were all good as well. The Big East back then was better than the current ACC.

No the **** it wasn't . What are you smoking?

And washington had nowhere the talent we had, not close.

Advertisement

Lol...Washington finished top 5, so did FSU, and VT was top 10 as well! Syracuse and WVU were good too. The Big East back then was better than the current ACC.

Thats a real murders row , lol. It's literally a 1 game conference season , while having best roster ever
image.webp

Lol...Washington finished top 5, so did FSU, and VT was top 10 as well! Syracuse and WVU were all good as well. The Big East back then was better than the current ACC.

No the **** it wasn't . What are you smoking?

And washington had nowhere the talent we had, not close.
It was still Dorseys first road game in a different time zone. I mean a bad day fron your qb will derail any game. And if you are basing why a guy shouldn't be coach on one game you're insane. It's one game. He stockpiled all the talent. He took the program from the brink of destruction to the top of the mountain in 5 seasons. I just don't understand why one game makes him not worthy.

Chise, love your intensity and passion bro. All of the candidates have risks. Some more than others. I'm on the Butch train but I think there are others I would be happy with like Hermann, Fuente, Pinkel, Gundy, Patterson, Chip ect. I think Butch has the least amount of risk. As long as he has solid OC and DC. Due to how important most of us agree this hire is we are all dissecting this to the hilt. Butch being able to start right away can help keep this 2016 class and hopefully improves it. The wrong hire potentially could end the program. Butch would never be that hire. Maybe he doesn't win NC but program would be restored and make next hire much easier IMO. Part of my leaning towards Butch is also based on our AD and BOT. Who will have the largest say in who is hired? Blake? Bot? What gives you the confidence that they can make the right hire? I think Butch eliminates the possibility of a galactic **** up! I feel same way as you about using a game here or there to rule out up and coming young coaches. JJ and DE lost a few games before we got them. Anyways Chise carry on with your schtick! You are always entertaining and worth the price of admission to this joint.

Last edited:
crossover22[]_[];2360721 said:
This fanbase amazes me. If it was up to this fanbase we would have 0 candidates to choose from.

Strong sucks
Fuente sucks
Herman will suck after he loses
Butch is god.....hes never lost a game
Chud sucks. He lost with the browns
Pagano is god. He never loses

Dont forget they even hate Chip Kelly. Jesus himself couldn't pick a more perfect coach for us and the heavens would have to align to get him but they would have the banners up at his first press conference.

Advertisement
Back