Let’s talk wide receivers

Advertisement
I always respect your opinion; but I’ve got a couple counterpoints regarding you categorizing both UNC and Pitt’s QB situation as “**** good”.

Let’s start with the unknown in UNC. Drake Maye won the battle a few days ago, and while Mack said both QB’s will continue to get reps based on their productivity, the former five-star is taking the first snaps against Florida A&M. Now, Maye might be great sure, but he hasn’t even played a down of college football yet. In fact, correct me if I’m wrong…but I don’t think the state of North Carolina had high school football in his senior year due to COVID.

The fact that this battle lasted up until game week tells me Maye couldn’t take a stranglehold of the job from what I believe is a mediocre (at best) Criswell. He’ll also be dealing with a pretty poor OL and injuries at WR.

UNC is basically a pick em @ App St in week 1; not that I don’t think App St is very good (in fact, I believe they’ll be a nine, possibly ten-win team in 2022), but I think it’s a very solid indicator that this team isn’t anything to be overly concerned with. We get them at home and in Mario’s first conference game, plus we will have a tune up with Midd Tenn to correct issues exposed vs. A&M. We should win this game 8 times out of 10.

Pitt’s trenches are going to be very, very good. They’ve got depth and talent at RB…but Slovis is certainly someone that doesn’t strike any fear in me whatsoever. 11:8 TD:INT ratio and a 56.2 QBR is pretty garbage, especially in the Pac-12. New OC, no game-breaking WR to give us issues (at least you can argue Downs for UNC can change a game single-handily)…the only thing I’m concerned with is the timing of the game.

If we’re not battered and bruised from Clemson / the rest of the season to the point where multiple guys miss the finale…I mean we’ve beaten them in four straight, six of seven, 14/16…we own them. I don’t see it changing, especially when that game might very well decide the coastal. Humidity advantage should be on full display as well.

If you’ve made it this far lol, I have a question for you regarding A&M; who do you think will be the QB Week 3? I think King gives them the best chance to win / a higher ceiling on the season, but politics seems to favor Max.
True indeed. I’m of the belief that Maye’s ranking would have been higher had he played his senior year. He ended at 56. From everything I know about it Mack had him compete as long as they did truly because his head is in the clouds at times and they’re keeping him centered. Not because it was a real close comp. That’s neither here nor there because he still has to play a real game. And he has downs and a couple other guys. I think that game is gonna surprise most people. I didn’t describe Pitt’s situation as good. I think slovis in the system Pitt’s seems to be implementing will be serviceable. That’s all they need from him. I think in terms of talent we’re sleeping on unc. Regarding A&M max lost the job if I’m to believe the rumors. Haynes will start week 1.

True indeed. I’m of the belief that Maye’s ranking would have been higher had he played his senior year. He ended at 56. From everything I know about it Mack had him compete as long as they did truly because his head is in the clouds at times and they’re keeping him centered. Not because it was a real close comp. That’s neither here nor there because he still has to play a real game. And he has downs and a couple other guys. I think that game is gonna surprise most people. I didn’t describe Pitt’s situation as good. I think slovis in the system Pitt’s seems to be implementing will be serviceable. That’s all they need from him. I think in terms of talent we’re sleeping on unc. Regarding A&M max lost the job if I’m to believe the rumors. Haynes will start week 1.
Expect the UNC offense to improve without Searles there holding them back. Must be a **** of a guy in the room bc he's a terrible coach and that was Mack's boy, not Longo's

Advertisement

Just took a look at their depth chart and Gaynor is starting for them at C...
They have a 6'7 345 lbs freshman OT :canes1:

Unless Maye is the second coming, I don't see them scoring 45 again with all of the players lost. Their RB room being inexperienced should also help.

Just took a look at their depth chart and Gaynor is starting for them at C...
They have a 6'7 345 lbs freshman OT :canes1:

Unless Maye is the second coming, I don't see them scoring 45 again with all of the players lost. Their RB room being inexperienced should also help.
I think it’s a lot to assume any team will need to score 45 to beat us tbh lol

Ts , cb depth and our safety room is pretty **** good. When I say”they’ll face“ that’s what I mean.
samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we’re better yeah. But getting better is a universal thing. Everyone else can do it too.
You don’t think us losing to unc for the past three years has been about coaching as much as it’s about talent ? I don’t watch them and think there more talented I think Mack knows mannys ****** defense and told his coordinators his tendency’s

You don’t think us losing to unc for the past three years has been about coaching as much as it’s about talent ? I don’t watch them and think there more talented I think Mack knows mannys ****** defense and told his coordinators his tendency’s
I mean that’a true, but Mack has been around. He should know Kevin Steele’s and Mario’s ****** tendencies too and trust me they exist. I think we’re the better team with the better staff but go tell UNC that. I promise they dont believe it. Gotta strap them up

Advertisement
I mean that’a true, but Mack has been around. He should know Kevin Steele’s and Mario’s ****** tendencies too and trust me they exist. I think we’re the better team with the better staff but go tell UNC that. I promise they dont believe it. Gotta strap them up
I think Kevin has more of a sound defense then mannys not saying his defense is infallible but I doubt they’ll just be able to run that stupid counter play 40 times and break an all time record on us with Steele calling plays.

I think Kevin has more of a sound defense then mannys not saying his defense is infallible but I doubt they’ll just be able to run that stupid counter play 40 times and break an all time record on us with Steele calling plays.
Oh yeah that won’t happen. We should beat unc and I’m a betting man and Ima bet it. But we’ll see

Ima be at the games and we going undefeated at home. Yeah *** UNC and all them man u hyping up. We got stiff battles v Texas A&M and Clemson but we winning one of those. Why? Cuz we got a proper coaching staff, we got a proper offseason program, we got structure and they are intangibles that u can't quantify.

We been without this combo for 20 years. Man call that kool aid drinking, sure. I hope more people drink it and come to the games so we can turn up and make our home and nightmare for the opps.

Advertisement
Back