LB Depth Chart - Spring/Fall

Let's hope DP doesn't have the sophomore jinx, a la Spence. He reminds me of Nate Webster.

Gaines will start at MLB. He gained a lot of experience and was the 2nd best tackling LB on the team behind Spence.

Cookie. Kirby, Johnson or?

I hear Witt is a RS candidate. We shall see.

Advertisement
Let's hope DP doesn't have the sophomore jinx, a la Spence. He reminds me of Nate Webster.

Gaines will start at MLB. He gained a lot of experience and was the 2nd best tackling LB on the team behind Spence.

Cookie. Kirby, Johnson or?

I hear Witt is a RS candidate. We shall see.

By best, do you mean in terms of form? Because Perryman was actually our 2nd leading tackler behind Spence.

Kirby and Witt are pretty **** close right now.

You mean to each other, or to having a starting spot? And what's your source? (Don't mean that to be offensive, please don't take it that way).

Just from watching footage on them, I actually think Witt is the best linebacker we brought in this class.

The kid is a little stiff in the hips hence the lunging tackles. He uses power and leverage to set himself up and speed to close the point of attack. One thing I love is his ferociousness and his motor. I think Al got a solid LB in Josh Witt. He has great speed and probably will contribute alot on STs, but I expect him to redshirt. If not minimal snaps in 2012. I think Kirby will be the main benefactor of early playing time, as this kid is a stud. If we could just recruit GA and FLA I am sure we'd be fine.

PERRYMAN GAINES and BUCHANNON the starters! Hey what happened to Shayon Green? ANyone anyone? Bueller?

Last edited:
Keep an Eye on Witt. The kid is an absolute machine. Best tackler I've seen at his age in a long time..

Good technique when he is not lunging after the tackle. Dino (D'onofrio) needs to put in some work here. He will be fine though. The kid has a motor and a half.

Kirby and Witt are pretty **** close right now.

You mean to each other, or to having a starting spot? And what's your source? (Don't mean that to be offensive, please don't take it that way).

Just from watching footage on them, I actually think Witt is the best linebacker we brought in this class.

The kid is a little stiff in the hips hence the lunging tackles. He uses power and leverage to set himself up and speed to close the point of attack. One thing I love is his ferociousness and his motor. I think Al got a solid LB in Josh Witt. He has great speed and probably will contribute alot on STs, but I expect him to redshirt. If not minimal snaps in 2012. I think Kirby will be the main benefactor of early playing time, as this kid is a stud. If we could just recruit GA and FLA I am sure we'd be fine.

PERRYMAN GAINES and BUCHANNON the starters! Hey what happened to Shayon Green? ANyone anyone? Bueller?

Green is a DE. Has a chance to start at DE considering Chick, him, and Williams (D$ says more LB) are the only returning DEs. I expect Grimble or Pierre/both to be used there too.

Advertisement
Any Chance Witt ends up at Safety?

6'3", 215 lbs runs a 4.5 ex quarterback. Nobody else thinks he could be a sick free safety?

You need to have some size at the SAM LB spot. I think Cain will start there. I would like to see Perryman moved to MLB

WLB - Denzel Perryman, Jimmy Gaines, Josh Witt
MLB - Eddie Johnson, Gionni Paul, Jawand Blue
SLB - Raphael Kirby, Ramon Buchanan, Kelvin Cain, Gabriel Terry

Advertisement
Back