Lashlee to SMU Done

Advertisement
Good for Rhett. He deserves the opportunity.

I'll be interested to see if his offenses can convert 3rd or 4th and 1 at a better than 0% clip going forward

Great for Rhett, a stable program without a lot of drama, ala Miami right now. He will do well there offensively, hopefully he gets a decent DC to round out his staff.

Not just that .. who will run the defense. Manny won't be here. I would name Jess Simpson interim head coach and DC as well. Then .. D'eriq King as the OC for the bowl game .. he worked with Lashlee during Spring Practice .. so he is pretty up to snuff with the O. Between him and TVD .. they should be good on game day. Game planning might be another issue .. maybe Shoop can assist.
Could see Likens or Garin agreeing to join Rhett but staying on to call the offense through the bowl game. Likely Simpson is interim HC and calls the D

Advertisement
The main issue I had with Rhett was his ration of RB’s and TE’s. I think he should have spit the touches, to keep from overworking them.

Advertisement
Never found him particularly innovative nor effective as an O Coordinator.
We can do worse however we can also do much better IMHO

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL, nope.

How much you wanna bet he’s referencing the same source OP was, a team fan site.

I’m actually looking for a reliable source, like a newspaper, the AP, the actual schools themselves, or a Bruce Feldman type, not some guy that could be that fan site’s Fraggle.

Do I think he’s going there, I’m about 99% sure that he is. I’m just leaving out that 1% because weird stuff happens sometimes but, no, I think he’s done here.

Nonetheless I’d like to see something official.
No. Here is another fansite to make his tweet about reports plural.

Advertisement
Back