Lashlee’s AirRaid vs Brile’s Veer and Shoot

Pro style bro gonna prostyle bro.
Dont you love it. Our head corch basically said we were playing an entire different sport, while we were pumping our chest for last 15 years about NFLU losing games and guys leaving early to be substitute teachers, smaller schools were lighting up scoreboards and winning games with lesser talent..

Fullback in the flats bro, always good for 3 yards bro, catch the defense offguard everytime

Advertisement
How did FSU do with Kendall Briles last year? They ran the same offense as Lashlee and they were never able to move the ball because their offensive line was bad. And the crazy thing is that I would say FSU’s line is better than ours 😂😂. Bottom line is that the offensive lineman on Miami have terrible technique
1. Go back and read LCE's post where he mentions why Lashlee is a better OC than Briles.
2. As bad as our o line is I strongly disagree that ours is worse than FSU
3. Our personnel at the skill positions (and now qb with king) is also better than FSU so that will give us better results than briles did at FSU.

1. Go back and read LCE's post where he mentions why Lashlee is a better OC than Briles.
2. As bad as our o line is I strongly disagree that ours is worse than FSU
3. Our personnel at the skill positions (and now qb with king) is also better than FSU so that will give us better results than briles did at FSU.
I would respectfully disagree on the skill positions. Akers was better than Dallas. Terry was better than every single receiver on Miami. And the offensive line is a crab shout. Both are absolutely awful.

I would respectfully disagree on the skill positions. Akers was better than Dallas. Terry was better than every single receiver on Miami. And the offensive line is a crab shout. Both are absolutely awful.
Akers didn't show it against us specifically, we virtually shut him down 2 years in a row. Terry is good no doubt but enormous drop off after him while we have more depth. TE is not even a comparison at all.

Advertisement
Akers didn't show it against us specifically, we virtually shut him down 2 years in a row. Terry is good no doubt but enormous drop off after him while we have more depth. TE is not even a comparison at all.
our wr have alot to prove.. I know alot of people checked out by the time the bowl game rolled around but latech shut us down in base defense with LB covering guys like Harley straight up.. It was embarrassing

Lashlee's system incorporates more running & is a far more effective rushing attack than the Briles system.

Lash is a Gus Malzahn disciple, he played for him in HS & coached under him at Arkansas, Ark St & Auburn.

His offense is a combination of the Arkansas rushing attack combined with the Sonny Dykes SMU Air Raid.

Briles system is just a variation of what his dad ran at Houston & Baylor, really it goes back to when Art was coachin HS down in TX back in the 90's & started going Spread while most of the other teams at that time were still running the Wishbone. He adapted it over the years & his time under Leach at TTech certainly impacted his style overall but at it's core it's still relatively the same system.

The difference is more of a reliance on the run game, Lash's system has a much more balanced Pass/Run ratio & is not the typical Pass only Air Raid that people usually confuse it for whenever they see those words. It's a high tempo based offense that's predicated on quick attacks & creating mismatches in the Defense by spreading the field horizontally with wide formations/alignments & forcing the Defense to pick their poison by committing to which attack they wanna stop. If they play double high then you hit'em up the middle of the field in the run & pass game, if they give you one on ones outside then you use you speed to beat them at the seams & win those one on one matchups.

Lashlee has coached versatile style offenses that have more Read option QB runs when he was at Auburn with Nick Marshall, so he can add that element to the offense with King, while still establishing the fundamental concepts of the SMU passing scheme in our offense as well.

As play callers, Lashlee is a lot more sophiscated & skilled than Kendal Briles, one of the main reasons why I had Lash in my top two OC's list is because from watching SMU last year you could tell he truly understands the chess match of football & understands the rhythm of a game, knowing when to call a shot, knowing when to be aggressive & go for the kill, knowing how/when to mix it up & keeping Defenes off balance. One of the major issues we've had is our play callers over these last few years always call plays with no rhyme or reason as to why, they just stick strictly to the play sheet & never adjust. Lashlee is the exact opposite, he calls what works & what's needed based on what looks he's getting from the Defense & what's happening in the game.

Briles is a bit of stat padder as an OC, high attempts to produce high yardage. Lashlee is calling the game to put the offense at the most advantageous situation to move the ball down the field & score.

I would say Lashlee's offense will be closer to what Oklahoma & UCF runs, Briles is closer to what TTech/Wash St & USC run.

Extremely important. Play-calling matters. When, what, where and against what look. I’ve been harping in this forever about Miami coaches. No Rhyme or Reason is what I’ve always said.

Extremely important. The ability for game day Coordinators to be great in that area of the game often times results in Championships - if the other core pieces are there.

FSU’s DL had 4-5 stars all across that line. If both OLs were awful, and SMU had more talent than Miami, can you explain how our less talented skill positions, with a weed king at QB, managed to score 27 against FSU’s defense?

Also, how many other times did FSU score 7 points in a game over the course of last season?

Advertisement
FSU’s DL had 4-5 stars all across that line. If both OLs were awful, and SMU had more talent than Miami, can you explain how our less talented skill positions, with a weed king at QB, managed to score 27 against FSU’s defense?

Also, how many other times did FSU score 7 points in a game over the course of last season?
He is a troll, not sure yet if he is a orange and blue one or a red and yellow one but rest assured he is one.

Florida states defense was awful last season and were not as good as they have been in previous years. They were rated the number 90th defense in the country. It was one of the worst defenses we played last year.

Dont you love it. Our head corch basically said we were playing an entire different sport, while we were pumping our chest for last 15 years about NFLU losing games and guys leaving early to be substitute teachers, smaller schools were lighting up scoreboards and winning games with lesser talent..

Fullback in the flats bro, always good for 3 yards bro, catch the defense offguard everytime

If we actually threw to the fullback in the flats QUICKLY, we would have had a much more efficient offense.

Still, I understand the point you are making, and it is mostly right.

Under center football can be devastating, but it puts a lot of pressure on the offense to master a ton of plays and different mechanics going back and forth with the shotgun.

With the limited team practice time college players have, it is asking too much for most teams and even the most talented teams are using under center plays less and less.

Going almost exclusively shotgun makes you less versatile but much more efficient. I am as pro style bro as it gets but reality is what it is.

Advertisement
Extremely important. Play-calling matters. When, what, where and against what look. I’ve been harping in this forever about Miami coaches. No Rhyme or Reason is what I’ve always said.

Extremely important. The ability for game day Coordinators to be great in that area of the game often times results in Championships - if the other core pieces are there.

exaxtly
When was the last time u remember saying wow that was an awesome game plan after a big win

That was why Brady was so good
He had the horses but his play calling was on point

Not a coach or anything but every time I watch smu last year I see a **** stud in Buchelle. That dude makes throws and has some cojones the way he stays in the pocket. Let’s see how Oklahoma does when they stop landing heisman winners.
But then again LSU didn’t look so hot till Brady got there.
Is it possible that the Lashlee’s offense will be better with our guys? Something along e lines of what the Pirate said about never losing if he coached down here?

Advertisement
Not a coach or anything but every time I watch smu last year I see a **** stud in Buchelle. That dude makes throws and has some cojones the way he stays in the pocket. Let’s see how Oklahoma does when they stop landing heisman winners.
But then again LSU didn’t look so hot till Brady got there.
Is it possible that the Lashlee’s offense will be better with our guys? Something along e lines of what the Pirate said about never losing if he coached down here?

Buchelle is the perfect example of how Lashlee’s offense can be run by pocket passers as well as dual threat guys. We’ve seen how terrible Gus Malzahn’s offense looks when he doesn’t have a mobile guy. It’s more dependent on having a mobile quarterback than a really accurate one. Nick Marshall was a garbage passer but he ran Gus’ offense great. Shane Buchelle is an average athlete. Not the type of guy you’d consider to be a dual threat but Lashlee was able to tailor the offense to what his guy did best. Instead of saying “this is my system, run it the way I tell you” he adjusts his scheme and play calling to maximize his player’s strengths. I bet what we see with King will be a bit different than what we saw at SMU.

Lashlee's system incorporates more running & is a far more effective rushing attack than the Briles system.

Lash is a Gus Malzahn disciple, he played for him in HS & coached under him at Arkansas, Ark St & Auburn.

His offense is a combination of the Arkansas rushing attack combined with the Sonny Dykes SMU Air Raid.

Briles system is just a variation of what his dad ran at Houston & Baylor, really it goes back to when Art was coachin HS down in TX back in the 90's & started going Spread while most of the other teams at that time were still running the Wishbone. He adapted it over the years & his time under Leach at TTech certainly impacted his style overall but at it's core it's still relatively the same system.

The difference is more of a reliance on the run game, Lash's system has a much more balanced Pass/Run ratio & is not the typical Pass only Air Raid that people usually confuse it for whenever they see those words. It's a high tempo based offense that's predicated on quick attacks & creating mismatches in the Defense by spreading the field horizontally with wide formations/alignments & forcing the Defense to pick their poison by committing to which attack they wanna stop. If they play double high then you hit'em up the middle of the field in the run & pass game, if they give you one on ones outside then you use you speed to beat them at the seams & win those one on one matchups.

Lashlee has coached versatile style offenses that have more Read option QB runs when he was at Auburn with Nick Marshall, so he can add that element to the offense with King, while still establishing the fundamental concepts of the SMU passing scheme in our offense as well.

As play callers, Lashlee is a lot more sophiscated & skilled than Kendal Briles, one of the main reasons why I had Lash in my top two OC's list is because from watching SMU last year you could tell he truly understands the chess match of football & understands the rhythm of a game, knowing when to call a shot, knowing when to be aggressive & go for the kill, knowing how/when to mix it up & keeping Defenes off balance. One of the major issues we've had is our play callers over these last few years always call plays with no rhyme or reason as to why, they just stick strictly to the play sheet & never adjust. Lashlee is the exact opposite, he calls what works & what's needed based on what looks he's getting from the Defense & what's happening in the game.

Briles is a bit of stat padder as an OC, high attempts to produce high yardage. Lashlee is calling the game to put the offense at the most advantageous situation to move the ball down the field & score.

I would say Lashlee's offense will be closer to what Oklahoma & UCF runs, Briles is closer to what TTech/Wash St & USC run.

briles is good in my book. If he would have had a better qb than james “lightpole” blackmon fsu’s offensive numbers would have improved even more

Advertisement
Back