Rumor Lane Kiffin to Auburn

Exactly I'm not leaving a top 15 team to go to a rebuild program that has to deal with a in state Saban

Maybe I'm missing something but I wouldn't leave ole miss for auburn.
You guys are saying that BECAUSE of the success Kiffin has bought to Ole miss. Check the record books and you can say Ole miss hasnt had sustained success, He can actually win big in auburn.. They have won championship and been to the game again losing last second.. Ole miss just got hot because of Kiffin.. The bottom can fall out, go to new school, get a huge contract, reset your clock and actually have a chance to win big at your profession.

Didnt they also just open a new facility at auburn?

Advertisement
Always thought the best move for Kiffin would have been to use Ole **** as a stepping stone but one that took him to a bigger job outside of the SEC. Those jobs aren't really open right now and he seemed to have a certain amount of angst about Ole ****' ability to compete on the NIL front so I guess this opportunity and payday would be hard to turn down. I just think the potential for it to go horribly bad for him there is higher than a lot of other places too.

Advertisement
You guys are saying that BECAUSE of the success Kiffin has bought to Ole miss. Check the record books and you can say Ole miss hasnt had sustained success, He can actually win big in auburn.. They have won championship and been to the game again losing last second.. Ole miss just got hot because of Kiffin.. The bottom can fall out, go to new school, get a huge contract, reset your clock and actually have a chance to win big at your profession.

For the money this isn’t that nice for what else is out there recently

Advertisement
I'll believe it when I see it, especially for the chump change in the OP.

I believe at heart Kiffin's an NFL guy, and plenty of NFL teams with job openings at the end of the season will be calling Lane.

But either way, IDGAF.

Didnt Tubberville leave Ole **** for Auburn too? I like Lane going right where he is going to have to fight Saban on and off the field. He's not going to pull a Meyer and scamper off to the Big 10
Ole Miss is a much better program than back then. I was at Ole Miss and apart of the last class that Tuberville signed at Ole Miss. Back then the facilities were terrible and they were waving rebel flags in the stands. Those are some of the main reasons why Tuberville left was because those things hurt recruiting. Since then Ole Miss has some of the best facilities in the country. You can recruit big at Ole Miss. Hugh Freeze proved that landing multiple top 15 recruiting classes. Then the NCAA stepped in and stopped the progress. With NIL now in place recruiting is not hard at Ole Miss. There is a ton of money and resources there.

Advertisement
Lane may envision that Saban will retire within the next 3-4 years and that he/auburn may overtake Bama. He’s a ****y SOB (in a good way). ****, maybe he’s just setting himself to take the Bama job!

This may be Lane/agent posturing again for a bigger job or more money. Rarely does one coach get announced or leave before the season is over. Lots of speculation suddenly means somebody leaked something for a reason.

Auburn is a step up for sure from Ole Miss.. Just not sure if it's a big enough step for Lane to cash in on what he's done at Ole Miss.

In my opinion a job like Texas or an NFL job will come calling (Carolina? Arizona?) with how well he's done at FAU and now Ole Miss.

Advertisement

You're not wrong, I was just looking it as one is a dumpster fire with meddling boosters and one is having success that he built. Long term AU is probably the better place but I'd rather stay at OM and finish what I started. Lane needs to show he can stay at a place for more than 5 minutes.

I think Ole Miss would be a great job. Moderate fan expectations, good brand name, a good donor base. Their biggest problem with keeping any HC doesn't really have to do with football - their state law says a state employee cannot have a contract longer than 4 years. So even if Auburn isn't paying Saban money to Kiffin, it's still more guaranteed $$$ than he could get from Ole Miss.

Mississippi law is smart: Texas A&M, Penn State, Miami, Michigan State…

You're not wrong, I was just looking it as one is a dumpster fire with meddling boosters and one is having success that he built. Long term AU is probably the better place but I'd rather stay at OM and finish what I started. Lane needs to show he can stay at a place for more than 5 minutes.

Yes. So the Lane Kiffin that would not, could not, should not be hired by Miami due to extracurriculars….. should go to Auburn, where their boosters just orchestrated a character assassination on their HC using extracurriculars….For a minor raise?

Because they won the championship with Cam Newton?

I mean it’s possible

Advertisement
Back